Death & Poison

Snow White

 

I was born into a world filled with greed and hatred. I was born into this world to ruin her life, or so she would say. I was the reason as to why she couldn’t keep a man. I was unwanted by my own flesh and blood, the woman I call mother. Years passed and I blossomed into a beautiful young lady while she turned old and bitter. She envied me. I had everything she wanted, youth and beauty. The jealousy soon turned into hatred, as the men she dated would want me more than they wanted her. My own mother beat me mercilessly.

 

Inside this dark, twisted world I lived in was a man who showed me the light, the brighter much cheerful side. This mans name was Luhan. I met Luhan in my first year of college. We clicked instantly. The closer we got, the more love I felt. When I was positive we were close enough, I told him my past. He was shocked and I broke down into tears. I was crying my heart out, I was afraid that Luhan was going to abandon me, but instead he kissed me. I was stunned, frozen in place. My head was dizzy and I started to kiss back. Right then and there, I knew I found my prince charming.

 

One day, my mother lost another man because of me. The next day I was beaten so badly that I couldn’t go to school. The beating was a lot more powerful and merciless. The man, you see, owned his own business, he was rich, and he basically swam in money. The chance of her marrying him was lost as soon as he laid eyes on me. That day changed my life. It was dinner and I swear she had this evil glint in her eyes. I ate my food like I usually did. I felt a shock of pain going through my stomach. My vision started to blur and the next thing I know I was lying on the floor. On my way down, I hit my head against the table, hard.

 

“W-what d-did you do?” I silently said to my mother who was now hysterically laughing

 

“I poisoned you,” She was laughing like there was no tomorrow. Seeing my limp body gave her pleasure

 

“Where do you think your going?” Her voice was stern and cold as I crawled my way towards the kitchen

 

I decided to get up, leaning against the wall for support. My legs gave up and I collapsed on the floor. She smirked at my downfall and left me in the kitchen in despair. The thought of dying was neutral but the thought of never seeing Luhan gave me a rush of adrenaline. I pushed my body up and forward to the telephone. Once I grabbed the phone, I dropped on my knees and called the police.

 

“Help! Please I need your help” I yelled into the phone

 

“Whom do you think your calling” I was frightened, she was right in front of me holding a knife

 

“Help!” I screamed into the phone before being dragged out of the kitchen and into the living room. She was now kneeling in front of me, ready to use the knife in her hand. Before I knew it, she cut my legs, not to deep but enough to have blood run out of it. I yelped in pain. She lunged forward and was about to stab me in the torso but with the strength I had left, I used my hands to stop her. We were now fighting for the knife. It came closer and closer till it was touching my shirt. I gasped and jammed my thumb into her eye. She let go of the knife and stumbled backwards.

 

“You. You !” She screamed at me and lunged forward. She couldn’t see it but I had the knife facing towards her. She landed on top of me eyes wide open. She rolled over to showcase the knife in her heart. She was stabbed, killed, killed by me. I laid there, exhausted and losing consciousness. My eyes closed and opened, closed and opened. The door was busted open and in came a horrified Luhan. Why is he here?

 

“Yoona!”