Twice

Beyond The Bounds of Possibility [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Chapter 3: Twice ▬

 

Strolling down the sidewalk while listening to the album GD gave last night, I eventually joined the usual group of people who flocked the gates at Gyeonghwan High. I let out a small sigh coupled with a curt smile and began to hasten my pace towards my first class of the day.

First period, of course, was Writing class with Mrs. Kang. With a smile on her face, she gleefully passed out some papers and announced our very first assignment.

“So, since it’s still the beginning of the new school year, I would like to see what you guys are capable of writing. With that in mind, I would like to introduce to you your very first big assignment!” The class groaned while I waited patiently for the instructions. “Now, now. Since it’s the very first one, I’m giving you the freedom to choose what piece you want to write. It can be in the form of a poem or even a short story so you can basically write just about anything. But please do bear in mind one thing that I would like all of you to follow and that is to write about a recent experience.”

Recent experience? I thought back to the time I was at GD’s party along with that masked man. Ah, this might be an interesting assignment, I smirked.

“I think that will be all for now, at the very least. You can use the remaining class time to start on this assignment. Oh, and don’t forget that all of you are going to get the chance to present your pieces in front of the class!” The class groaned again and this time, I was one of them.

Eventually, the bell rang and as I looked down on the empty piece of paper, I sighed once again. I was so busy thinking about what to say to that man if I were to see him again that I didn’t write anything.

“Well, whatever,” I heaved my backpack on my shoulder and headed to my next class. “I’ll just start on it tonight when I get home.”

“Hey,” I heard a voice say behind me when I rounded the corner of the hallway. Turning around to greet the voice, I was once again faced by the same man that has been haunting me for these past few days. Smiling, he held out a hand and without missing a beat, said, “We didn’t officially meet yet but let’s start over. My name is Choi Seunghyun.”

“Choi Seunghyun?” Where have I heard that name before?

“Yes?” He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head to the side.

I snapped out of my thoughts and returned his gesture, grasping his hand into a handshake and plastered a smile. “Ah, nothing. I just thought I’ve heard your name before. My name is Park Bom. Nice to meet you, Seunghyun.”

This time, it was him who had on a curious expression. He looked at me in the same manner that I probably looked at him a few minutes before, though after a while, his face lit up again the moment he smoothly changed the subject.

 

══════

 

“So, how did you meet GD?” I curiously asked Seunghyun while we were walking home because apparently, we didn’t live that far away from each other.

“GD?” He thought for a while. “Ah, you mean Jiyong? Well, we met when my parents and his parents were attending a meeting. We were the only ones there who were about the same age so he introduced himself and we just had a talk and it went from there, I guess.”

“That’s just like GD,” I chuckled.

“How did you guys meet?”

“Oh, we’re childhood friends. Our parents are close, so it’s not a surprise that we became close too.”

“Really?” After a few minutes, he began to smirk. “Childhood friends, huh?”

“What are you thinking?”

He cleared his throat, “Let me rephrase it then. You guys are childhood friends, one boy, the other girl, you act like brother and sister, you guys-”

After realizing what he had in mind, I stopped in my tracks and glared at him without saying a word. He probably got what I meant which made him laugh.

“Anyway, I guess we separate from here then.”

He took a look around and sighed. “Ah, that was quick. I guess so.”

“Alrighty then. See you tomorrow, Seunghyun!” I waved as I started to walk the other way.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter