Don't Do It

A Youngmin Love Story - Life After You Left Me

It's been a month now. It was Young Hae's first day of school and as a father it was my responsibility to take her. I didn't want a bus to pick her up because .............. well................. anything can happen and I didn't want to risk losing another part of my heart. Everyone kept telling me she would be fine taking the school bus on her own but i'm just a bit too over protected. I can't risk losing her too. 

I was in the kitchen packing Young Hae's lunch while she was eating her cereal quietly. I packed banana milk, 5 pieces of sushi, a stick of cheese, and 3 chocolate pockie sticks for an extra little snack. Young Hae loved pockie sticks. Just like her mother. Actually I remember one time when me and Christine used to share them. She would bite on the chocolate side and I would bite on the cracker side. Then we would always share playful little kisses once we reached the end.

I turned around to look at the clock on the wall. It was already 8:00. Kindergarten starts 8:30 so i guess I should take Young Hae to school now. I put her lunch in her purple backpack.

"Hae! Have you finished eating your breakfast yet? We have to be on our way to school now." I said. 

She nodded and jumped out of her seat. "Let's go!!!" She cheered with a brightly lit smile on her face. Gosh how i loved that little smile of her's. It always made my day.

I carried Young Hae's backpack and we both walked out of the house to the car. I opened the car door to the front passengers seat and let her in. Once she settled in I put her seatbelt for her and gave her the little school bag. I closed the car door and walked around to the drivers seat. I buckled up my seat belt and the car. 

"Ready to go?" I asked her.

"Ne appa!!!" 

I drove out of the parking lot and into the road. As we drove to school the radio was playing popular songs like G-Dragon's crayon. Young Hae loved to sing along. But it was so adorable how she would follow along to a rap. First she would sing beautifully then when a faster part came up she would try to follow along but ended up sounding like a bunch of gibberish. I couldn't help but chuckle. It was so adorable. 

We finally arrived in front of the school. I looked out the window and saw a small yard filled with children playing around. They were all cheerful and happy.

"Bye Appa!" Young Hae said as she was opening the door.

"W-w-wait!!!!" 

Young Hae turned around and giggled. "What's wrong appa?"

"Be careful ok? And be nice to everyone! Arraso??"

She nodded. "Arraso appa!" and she kissed my cheek.

She closed the door behind her and waved outside through the window. I waved back and she walked inside the school building.

~~~

I finally got home and saw everyone in the living room playing with the Wii. Chizuru stood up and faced me. 

"Hey Youngmin, Everyone is gonna hang out at Mc donald's. Wanna come?" I shook my head.

"No thanks, I just wanna reflect on my own today." 

She nodded. "Arraso. Alright! Lets go guys!" and with that being said everyone walked behind her out the door.

Now I was home alone. Young Hae wont be done Kindergarten until 3:30.

I grabbed my laptop and sat on the living room couch while surfing the web. I went on mnet.com to see what's up with the idol world i've been missing. I sighed not seeing any of boyfriend on the home page. I really missed going on stage, filming with the others, and a ton more. I miss singing and dancing for people and putting a smile on the crowds faces. I would love to perform again but I have to stay home and take care of Young Hae and Chizuru already has double the trouble in her hands so I couldn't ask her for help.

I put down my laptop on the living room table and arched my head back covering my face with my hands. 

"Why is life so hard?" I whispered to myself. 

I stood up and walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I chugged it down and slammed my cup on the counter in frustration.

I can't do this anymore!

I opened the kitchen cabinet and took out a Bucher knife. I placed the tip of the knife towards my chest near my heart ready to push the knife through. I took a deep breath ready to push it in my chest until I heard a voice. 

"Don't do it."

I placed the knife back on the counter and turned around. 

"Hello? I-is anyone here?"

I saw no one.

I tuned around and got a hold of the knife again. Then I saw a pen float. 

"WHAT THE IS GOING ON IN HERE?!" I screamed. 

The pen slowly glided towards the note pad beside the home phone. I followed it.

It started to write something slowly. At first it was unclear, but the more it wrote the more i was able to read.

"I love you." I said.

The pen dropped back on the counter and I felt something skim my cheek. It felt cold and soft.

I was scared. Scratch that. I felt terrified! Was there possibly a ghost in my house?? 

After a while i stood there and thought.

"C-Christine?"