Ch.1

I Choose To Love You

 

Minah's POV:

 

Usually I start off my Mondays waking up early and heading off to school. I couldn’t help but feel like something was different. I mean I usually wake up to shouting from my parents but it was complete silence. All you could hear was the birds chirping and my alarm going off. Pleasant but out of the norm for me. You get so used to the hectic noises from my family that the slightest difference kind of throws you off. Anyways I got ready for school. Walking downstairs I expected to find food but there was none. Interesting. My mom always tries to force me every second saying that it will help me grow more. Seriously i’m 16 I doubt i’m going to grow more. How I managed not to get chubby I will never understand. Instead I found an apple and a note stating that it shall not to be opened till the end of school. Weird. With that I left the house and started walking to school. woo.


I should probably introduce myself. My name is Minah. I’ve been living here in New York since forever. I’ve never been out of the country ever. I would like to though. I wanna travel and see the world. My parents say other wise. My parents are always protective of me. Its annoying. I never really get to go out with my school friends. I usually hang out with my cousins or really close family friends. It isn’t fun because they’re so much older. You try having a conversation with a bunch of college students when you’re 16. All they talk about is what they’re majoring in and tell you to become a nurse, doctor, dentist, lawyer, etc. BORING! Nonetheless I love my family.

Anyways back to the present. I met up with some of my friends and headed to class. Oh did I forget to mention my parents put me into a private all girls school. Something about being to young to have a boyfriend and need to focus on studies, learn good morals, blah blah BLAH! Not that i’m complaining or anything i mean not having to choose a different everyday and worrying about how you look is a plus but come on girls can be........that word that rhymes with witch. Plus some of them still roll up their skirts so you can see their undies. Seriously we’re all girls here who you trying to impress the floor?

 

I went through my morning classes and headed to lunch. I sat with my friends and they started talking about kpop. I’m not obsessive like them but I know a couple of bands. Not that much. 

 

“Hey Minah, have you heard of the new boy group yet? huh? huh?” said my friend Amanda.

 

“uhhhhhh no. Am I supposed to?” I replied. She gave me an eye roll and proceeded on telling about this new group. They were called New Yeast or something. WTFudge New Yeast? Well I didn’t bother asking about it so drowned her out. I started thinking about the note. I seriously wanted to open it right there and then but I had to fight the urge. Maybe it had something to do with the silence I awoken to. Like I said I usually wake up to them fighting over something. Some kind of lovers quarrel. What if something happened? What if they borrowed money from loan sharks without me knowing and couldn’t pay it back? THAT WOULD LEAVE ME TO PAY WITH EVERYTHING! Ok wait maybe i’m over thinking it. I blame the kdramas my friends keep showing me. So good yet so unrealistic at times. I mean who keeps their eyes open when someone kisses them. -_____- 

 

The long awaited wait for the end of school came. The bell rang followed by girls running out the building to catch their train or bus. Whatever. They could just catch a later bus or train. They don’t have to race and possibly hurt themselves. Me and my friends, being the only sane ones, calmly walked to our lockers to get what we needed for homework.

 

“Hey Minah, since its Friday do you think you can get your parents to let you hang out with us?” said Amanda.

 

“I would love to but I got this weird note this morning and I think it would be best if I just went home. Plus you know them they’ll most likely not let me go.”

 

“Note? Alright well text me about it later then. I’ll see you Monday bye!” 

 

I waved goodbye and headed off towards the other direction. After a few minutes I decided to read the letter. Taking out the light paper, I opened it and started reading its contents. Recognizing the handwriting I realized it was from my father.

 

“Dear our lovely daughter Minah,

Honestly, we never thought this day would come but we must leave. Your mother and I have committed a horrible crime years ago. We’ve always regretted it but we lived on. Eventually our crime came back to haunt us. So for now we are on the run. A man will come and pick you up tonight so please pack all your belongings. Don’t forget your passport. From now on you’ll never see us again. It’s best that way for after you find out our crime, you probably won’t want to see us anyways. Remember that we always loved you and will never forget you. Take great care of yourself.

 

Love,

Your Mom and Dad”

 

Shocked from what I just read, I stood there. Staring hard at the letter, I couldn’t understand. What crime have they done? Was the loan shark idea I had earlier true? But that can’t be. It seems highly unlikely. I mean mom’s a nurse and dad’s a lawyer. Doesn’t that bring a bunch of doe?

 

Still standing there deep in my thoughts I felt some one push me to the ground. Note to self don’t read a letter while crossing the street.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

ummmm........................so is it good so far???

yes???

no???

comment below!

NO SILENT READERS!