O1

Untold Words

 

My P.O.V
                      

I waited patiently as the clock ticked away. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier but sprang up whenever my head dropped. I rubbed my eyes as I waited again. I glanced to the clock.

2:42 A.M.  

I frowned, I fell asleep! I got up and checked the room to see if Baekhyun had actually returned home while I fallen asleep. I opened our room to find an empty room. "Maybe not yet-"

Before I could finish my sentence, I heard the familiar sounds of the door unlocking. I rushed over, going over to greet him and welcome him home.

"Aish, Baekhyun, you're so wasted. Wasted!" I heard a tall boy scolding him as Baekhyun's arms draped over loosely over his neck.

Baekhyun chuckled, "It was sweet." I blinked as I watched the two entering the house, not noticing me.

"You totally deserved that slap. You shouldn't just kiss her because you find her hot!" He snickered. I blinked as I clenched my fists tight. It's not what I'm thinking. 

"Whatever, you're just jealous you don't have the guts, Yeol." Baekhyun giggled before collasping on the floor because the guy got tired, "Aish, you're such a weakling." Baekhyun laughed.

He laughed along, but stopped as he noticed me standing staring at them. My mind was in a shocked state. I didn't manage to actually process what was going along- Or maybe I got it. I just pretended to not understand. 

"Who is she?" The guy asked Baekhyun as Baekhyun slowly looked up. That was the first time our eyes met since days. 

Baekhyun looked at me with a frown and slight glare, but as he turned back to his friend, his face relaxed, "She's the cleaner in my house." He laughed before turning back at me, "Why are you still here? Leave!" He barked and I nodded timidly.

"Are you sure? You didn't get in her pants?" The guy asked, slightly amused.

"Chanyeol, stop it. She's not in my league." I flinched.

He laughed before glancing up at me, "Well, not bad actually, just not so curvy. But still, the curves there. You could close your eyes and do it. It should still feel all the same. Maybe you could imagine her as the girl just now. Oh nice!" He laughed.

Baekhyun ignored him and looked back, "Why are you still here?" He barked.

I hurriedly turned to only knock onto something and fall before getting up, "Sorry. I was just afraid you forgot the keys." I lied as I bit my lips and held back my tears.

But I said nothing and left immediately. I stood outside at a dark corner as I silently waited patiently for his friend to leave. But it took so long I started to get cold, I rubbed my arms as I shivered. And finally the guy comes out and locks the door shut. I let out a relieved sigh, realizing I can finally go back into the warm house.

I opened the lock, no I tried to open it. But it didn't budge. I sighed as I realized I probably was going to spend the rest of the night out because Baekhyun's probably totally knocked out by now. 

I hugged my knees tight as I curled into the corner in cold. But those words kept replaying in my mind, making me unable to fall asleep. And the more I thought of it, the more affected I got.

Because it's been going to be our third year together in a month. And everything's been going downhill. I wish I knew what triggered this but I guess I would never know, because I'll probably never have the guts to ask. 

I remember the first year, when everything was so smooth sailing and sweet. We went out often and Baekhyun urged me to move in with him because it would save both of us the rent, but nowadays, I'm the only one paying. But, not that I'm complaining.

Anyway, the second year, we had mini arguements but it was only natural for relationships, and I thought it would get better everytime because everytime we patched up, we would've understood one another better right? But then, why are we drifting further and further everytime?

I laughed bitterly at my thoughts, even I wasn't sure myself. I felt a tear sliding down as I wiped it away. It's okay. He still loves you. You're being foolish, stop thinking. 

But, I couldn't. 

I can't help but remember how it was the first time our eyes met after what seemed so long. We live together for goodness sake, worse of all, we're dating. We've been dating for two years, closing to three in a month.

"Shut up." I finally shuts myself up, "You're being a nuisance." I told myself, which seemed odd that it didn't come out of Baekhyun's mouth this time, but mine. Maybe I really am I a nuisance. 

--

"Oh god!" I heard a soft scream as I woke up. I looked up to find Baekhyun all refreshed and ready to leave, "What are you doing here?" He frowned. "Scaring everyone?" He softly uttered but I clearly heard it.

I bit my lips and shook my head, "I'm sorry.."

He said nothing more and adjusted his bag before making his way again, "Baekhyunnie." I called out, he stopped and turned slowly, "What do you want now?" He asked.

"Sorry..." I mumbled.

"What exactly do you want?" He asked with irritation.

I smiled, "I've brought ingredients to cook up the breakfast for you." 

He frowned, "That's all?" I nodded slowly, my smile faltering slightly, "I don't want it. I'm going to the cafe."

"But, you wanted to save money..." I mumbled.

He gave me a look, and I immediately shut myself up, "Then could you wait? We could go to the cafe together?"

He sighed in annoyance, "Fine. Will you please hurry up?"

"Oh!" I brightened up, finally. See, he loves you, maybe things are turning back to normal again. "I'll be quick!" I said as I dashed in.

I quickly washed up and changed into my simple clothing before contemplating if I should put on the pink bow clip that he bought for me before, I smiled as I played with it before finally clipping it up.

I looked at myself in the mirror again ,arranging my clothes and got my bag before rushing out immediately, "Baekhyun, I'm don-" I said but my smile dropped. 

He left...

I should've known. How would things change in minutes? I'm being stupid.