Promise

She and Her

 

“Jiyeon ah~,” said Daehyun. Jiyeon look at him. “Someone is fighting over there !,” he pointed at them.

She looked at a bunch of gangster hitting a man with a large branch. “Ignored them. I don’t want to get any trouble,” Jiyeon said.

“Is that Himchan?,” Daehyun asked. “It him Jiyeon ah !,” he then run toward the gang and started to punch them.

“Aissh!,” Jiyeon then also run toward them.

“Move aside kid !,” said one of the gangster.

“Yah ! Let just stop it here okay ?,” Jiyeon brave herself to talked.

All the gangsters laugh. “You even bring a girl ? Ahahahaha ! Coward !,”

Just when one of the gang started to punch Himchan on the face, Jiyeon dodge the punch. “Naughty girl eh?,” he then started to punch Jiyeon.She dodge every single punch.

 “Are you even a girl?,” one of them asked.

Jiyeon smirk.

Suddenly someone hit her at the back makes her fall. Himchan and Daehyun then hit the gangster.

Jiyeon saw someone take out a knife and about to stab Himchan. Jiyeon try to dodge the knife from stab Himchan but the knife hit her stomach instead.

She fall with her blood running out. The gangster run away.

“Jiyeon ah !,” shouted Daehyun.

“Let’s bring her to the hospital,” Himchan said and carry her brideway.

They arrived at the hospital and the doctor hurriedly take Jiyeon to the E.R.

They guys just wait at outside anxiously. They call Jiyeon’s mother. Her mom arrived in a second.

“Jiyeon ah ! Jiyeon ah !,” her mom cried.

“Omonim... mianhe ... it’s all my fault...,” Himchan bow. “she tries to dodge the knife from stabbing me but it hit her instead.. mianhe omonim..,” he explained.

“Ania.. I also would devastated if it hit you.. I love you just like my own son. Just like how I love Jiyeon.. It’s okay..,” She replied.

The doctor out from the E.R. “Jiyeon mom?,” he ask. Jiyeon’s mother stand up and bow.

“She’s alright. Nothing serious at the time. Just a few stitching on her stomach,” he explained.

They all sigh in relief.

“We will move her into a normal ward,” the doctor said.

“Jiyeon ah~ Kwenchana?,” ask Daehyun. Jiyeon nod.

“Your mom got to go. She have something to do,” Himchan said.

“I can handle it. Don’t help me again next time, okay?,” he continued. Jiyeon just nod. She’s too tired to even just talk.

“We both will accompany you until you checked out from hospital.,” Daehyun said. Jiyeon didn’t answer. She fell asleep.

 

~Jiyeon POV~

 

I opened up my eyes. I’m so thirsty. I wake up and try to sit but it too hurt. My stomach. It hurt bad. I don’t know wether the out or the organ itself. I lift my shirt and saw blood all around the cut.

I wake Daehyun and Himchan up.

“Wae?,” they said in a husky voice.

I couldn’t said anything. I’m so in pain. I just shake them.

“OMO ! Jiyeon ah!” Daehyun shrieked.

I feel so dizzy. Then my eyes shut. I could only heard faint voice calling my name.

 

~No one POV~

 

Daehyun called the doctor while Himchan try to wake Jiyeon. The doctor come and check on her. He asked everyone to get out while he checked Jiyeon. Being stubborn as he is, Himchan refused to get out. Daehyun pulled him hard.

The nurse then closed the door.

“It’s all my fault !!!” Himchan then cry. He feels that all this was  his fault.

After an hour of waiting, the doctor came out. “She’s alright. The cut open a bit. But she alright now. Excuse me,” the doctor explained.

Himchan and Daehyun rushed into the ward to only see Jiyeon that sleep very well. They all sit at the couch relief.

 

~Jiyeon POV~

 

I saw them sleep at the couch. I looked at Himchan. He’s look tired and guilty. Even though he’s sleepy but all of that appeared on his face. I remembered what the doctor said.

Flashback

I opened my eyes. “Jiyeon ah~,” the doctor said. I looked at him.

“The cut affected by virus. We’ve done some test to know how worst it was,” The doctor stop talking for a while.

“Wae?” I asked.

“The result come and it was confirmed that you have stomach cancer and it could affect your reproduction organ,” he explained.

My eyes teary. I cry hard. “Please tell them I’m alright... Please.. I don’t want them to know,” I asked. He nod.

End Flashback

 

I touch my stomach. I cry again. “Himchan ah .. please love me for who i am...,” i whisper. I then continued sleeping with my tears still falling.

 

~Himchan POV~

 

I woke up to see she’s alright or not. I wipe her tears. She definitely a goddess. Even when she sleep, she look pretty.

“Mianhe Jiyeon ah~ It’s all my fault but I promise, I promise to make you happy for the rest of your life,” I whisper.

As i try to put a blanket on her, I saw scar. Scar that she has to bear because of me. She sacrifice too much for me. But when will I pay that back? I brush her hair with my finger.

“You just have to stop helping me, Jiyeon ah~ You sacrifice too much,” I kissed her cheek.

From that day, I promised to make her happy and to love her too.


 

- 31 August 2012 ; 7.52 p.m-