Chapter 1

Umbrella Boy

1 day later

I was bringing my umbrella with me since yesterday my mom got mad at me, came back very late to home and not brought the umbrella. But today seemed the sun will be shining until the evening came. And it was not raining until I ended my class.

A week later

I was bringing again my umbrella, but rain never came until today. It was really useless for me bring the umbrella to school, and all of my friends didn’t bring their own umbrella or raincoat. I felt I was fooled by the damn weather. And after a week that sunbae took me to my home, I never saw him again.

2 week later

I was not bringing the umbrella with me, and now was raining. It was 2 p.m. an hour after class end, and I was still waiting with several students who waited for rain to stop or waited someone pick them up. I was looking at my shoes, until the sunbae came again, with his black umbrella.

“Not bring the umbrella again, eh?” He asked me.

“I brought it yesterday, but since it was always sunny I stop bring the umbrella and it was raining today.”

“You should bring the umbrella with you even if it was not raining or raining. We can’t predict when the rain will come and when it doesn’t come. Let’s walk to you home then, Changmin-ah.” Then we walked to my house, without said anything like the days before. And after I arrived at my house, he bid goodbye and I thanked him, I always forgot to ask his name. Fool me!

This incident has happened repeatedly. I didn’t know sure how many times he walked me home, and I still forgot ask his name. I always brought umbrella in a wrong time, and left it at home in a wrong time to. He always took me to my home at 2 p.m. The third graders had more time in school to prepare for the graduation exams.

When it came to the graduation day, the third grader had a farewell party in the hall in school, and I and another first and second grade students were came to school to attend the farewell party. And unfortunately, that day was raining. And I didn’t bring the umbrella. I sheltered at the security post like usual, waiting for the rain to stop, and he came! And I should, not I must ask his name. We will never meet again later.

“Thanks sunbae, you always take me to the home when rain was coming and I don’t bring my umbrella.” I thanked him.

“No problem. Fortunately, I always see you in that security post alone waiting, so as the good sunbae, I will take you to the home.” He said with his enchanted smile.

“And, I am sure this is your last time to take me home.”

“I hope not.”

“Hmmmmmm, sunbae, do you want to go in? You never accept my invitation since first day you take me home. Please…”

“Hahahaha, okay, your puppy eyes is really cute. I don’t have the heart to refuse.”

“Thanks! You should have lunch here, my mom cooks delicious food today. And sunbae, what is your name?”

“Yunho, I am Jung Yunho.”

***

After that day, I asked him to visit my house, we had a lot of talk. From that, I know that he was the leader on Hapkido Club, he ever won competitions in national and also regional. He had hobbies to dance and playing online game, and we talked about the online game a lot. I also told him about myself. We really had a great time, both of us, alone in my house that day. My parents went to work and my 2 young sisters had their club activities in their school. Yunho-hyung, he wanted me to called him this, will continue his study in business major on university. And, God, I forgot ask what university he will join!

2 years passed from the first time I met Yunho-hyung. I never forget to bring my umbrella again, since he warned me to bring that thing everywhere, whenever. So I bring my folded umbrella that always can be saved on my bag. I never met him again. Now I was third grade student in my school, and today the farewell party was held. I’ve already accepted on Seoul National University that placed so far away from here. So I decided to live alone. I took medical major there. I knew it will be difficult times for me being in medical faculty, but I believe I can do this since my grade in senior high school, also another previous school was good or I can say it was excellent.

***

Another tiring day at university! I had passed first semester, now I was on my second semester. And it was winter season. The snow didn’t fall yet, but this week was always raining. And today I forgot bring my umbrella. I’ve always brought it, but because of my previous bag broken to take too much medical book that thick and heavy, I changed to the new one, and I forgot to move my umbrella. Poor me! There won’t be Yunho-hyung again who will take me to the home.

“Poor Changminnie, who always forget with his umbrella!”

“Yunho-hyung!!!” Yes, it is Yunho-hyung. After 2 years I never saw him again, he had a lot of change. He became more masculine, his firm jaw line, his foxy eyes became sharper than before, he had his hair shorter than before and also more muscle on his body. He became more handsome too than before.

“Yes, Changminnie. Want me to take you to your house?” He asked me gently.

“Sure! I still have a lot of assignments in house. Thanks a lot hyung!”

“Anytime.” He took me to my house, more precisely my apartment. It placed just 2 blocks away from my campus. I asked him where he lived, how his life here and so many things. It was pretty same with our first meeting, but in the past we never talked, but know we had fun talk together. After arrived at my apartment building, I asked him to go in, but he refused it politely, perhaps he had a lot of things to do. I was curious why he knew my address since we never communicated before, I never told him where I live. Same with our first meeting, he took me to my home without asked where I lived.

***

In January next year, after Christmas and New Year holiday, I started to study on my second semester. It was still winter, snow often fell also with the rain. I sometimes didn’t bring my umbrella intentionally. I just want to walk home with Yunho-hyung. I didn’t know why I had this feeling. It seemed I fell to Yunho-hyung, I wanted to see him every day. I knew it was wrong, I was sure 100% he was not gay. He will never reply my feeling. So I stalked him, I just curious with himself, his activities, and so on. I had my friend on same faculty with him on business. His name is Cho Kyuhyun. He was my best friend since junior high school. So I asked him about Yunho-hyung schedule in campus. Kyuhyun had a lot of senior friends on his faculty, he was humble and friendly person, different with me who was quiet and shy. I just wanted to know about his schedule, so I will know when the right time I won’t bring my umbrella and when I should bring it. Our schedule is pretty different, but on Wednesday and Friday we ended the class at same time, 2 p.m.

So on the Wednesday and Friday I won’t bring my umbrella, and when it was raining or snowing, he will take me home and we had chit-chat on the way. I was too afraid to approach him when campus time. Beside his faculty building is far away from mine, I also never met him. Mark that, never. I just met him when I didn’t bring my umbrella, waiting for the rain to stop. Fortunately he was never curious about my new habit.

***

It was close to the summer and now I was on my third semester. Yunho-hyung was on his last semester and now he was working on his final assignments. How can I know this? I asked Kyuhyun. He was busy, fortunately it was never raining again. Huh, I will never see my umbrella boy these days. I sighed on my anatomy and physiology class. I had done my assignments to answer the questions, so I didn’t have another thing to do.  It will be summer holiday soon, after that farewell party for last semester or graduated student. And I won’t see Yunho-hyung anymore. I sighed again a loud.

“Ehm, Shim-sshi I know you had done your assignments, but can you keep calm and don’t make those sighs again and again? Another student still work on their assignments.” Mrs. Choi warned me.

“I’m sorry ma’am.” After the classes for today end I kept sigh. I didn’t know how much my ages will passed away if I was keeping sigh like this. I was frustrated! Over Yunho-hyung!

beloved-changmin55 : thanks for subscribed and read^^ here is the update! i hope you will love it.

kawaii_massu : haha~ yes, that Yunho the umbrella boy. here is the update, please check it out^^ thanks for reading!

jungshim : i continue! he is an update. just read the story we will now that^^ thanks for reading.

p.s : i have written the next chapter for "Half of Me", just half of them. i am on WB :'( i have written this story until finished, i will update one by one, please stay tune^^ i will update it asap! i hope you like it~