Chapter 1: The Full Moon

Your Majesty [EXO]

 

I felt the chills down my spine, as I was on my way home from school. For some reason, it was pitch dark outside, even though I didn’t have school in the afternoon. It suddenly felt surreal around me, as the shadows from the trees started taking forms and shapes; Shapes of human-like creatures, which followed my every step, and slowly came closer and closer to me.

I wanted to scream for help, I wanted to run! But I couldn’t. I was really scared, I wanted to cry, as the crybaby I was. The tears started to push from behind my eyes, making themselves visible to the shadows around me.

This just made the shadows bloodthirsty, and they started to catch up with me. The light around my bare feet started to disappear slowly, swallowed by the darkness. The only light that was left was the full moon, which was shining on the night sky, protecting me from harm. That moon was the only reason that I didn’t run. It forced the shadows away from me, like the sun forced the darkness away.

And yet… I didn’t feel that much protected, as I used to.

 

“Rrrrrrrrrrnng~~~!!”

“Yah!! I’m up! I’m up!!” I yelled, still in my bed, and tried to find my alarm, without looking, because… I really liked sleeping. I was not lazy, I just liked sleeping. Very much.

“Ugh…” I mumbled and rolled onto my stomach, as the alarm finally shut up. I really wanted to continue sleeping, now that I had the chance, but I knew that I had to go to school, and if I just slept for five more minutes, I would wake up two hours later.

“Okay, Rinnie… Up we go!” I finally got on my feet with a huge yawn, and carefully walked to my closet, not daring to look at myself in the mirror, I always looked like in the morning. “Now, what to wear~” I sang, and tried to wake myself up, just a little bit.

“Rin! Don’t you dare get late for school today as well!” I heard my dad yell from downstairs. I frowned a bit, as if he really cared about me. He wasn’t even my real dad, just some man who adopted me when I was eight years old. Apparently my real parents died in a car accident when I was still a baby.

I quickly got dressed and hurried downstairs to grab a piece of bread before my dad could stop me, and ran outside with my bag over my shoulder, and suddenly I walked on the road, I walked on just a few hours ago. In my dream.

But now it wasn’t night, it was morning, and everything seemed so peacefully.

“Riiiin~!!”

That was until she came running.

“Mh~? Jaein? You’re kind of late today?” I said, as my friend, Kim Jaein, usually always was at the school about half an hour before the first class began.  Right now, there was only five minutes left.

“I-I know! But… I kinda ran into someone today, and all…” Jaein said and made a small pout, before she gently pulled me along, as I stopped walking, and she didn’t want to be late for school. I didn’t really mind though. The teacher already hated me for sleeping in class. I was always sleepy in the day and wide awake at night. It wasn’t my fault?!

As we hurried to school, meaning Jaein pulling me along while running, I suddenly felt some discomfort, as if someone was watching us. Me.

Creepy stalkers?! Who knows?

“Oh my God, Rin, why are you so lazy?!”

“Sorry unni~”

 

We nearly stumbled into class, and we were about two minutes late, so our teacher was going to kill us. Definitely. I just finished my piece of bread, and Jaein was panting hard from pulling me all the way.

“Sorry we’re late! Rin was…” Jaein was trying to apologize to the teacher, but was cut off with a “Shh!”

“Who peed on his candy cane?” I mumbled, but then finally found out, why everyone around us was so quiet. All the girls in the class looked like they were daydreaming with stars in their eyes, like they were in love! Which was kind of strange, since they never paid attention to class. The guys, on the other hand, just frowned slightly, though there weren’t many guys, since it was an art school.

“Rin, let’s sit down…” Jaein whispered to me, and then I finally found out, who everyone was looking at, and a pair of dark, brown eyes met mine. His arms were crossed, slightly muscular but thin as well. He was wearing a dark grey, loose shirt, and a pair of tight black pants. His legs were perfect, same as his hips and … I-I mean, he was well shaped.

But the most incredible thing about him was his face and eyes. Dark hair, slightly curly, which framed his face perfectly, and cute lips, a bit thick, compared to other guys’ lips, but still cute. Really cute.

Oh my God, stop staring at him, for God’s sake?!!

“RIN!” Jaein yelled and I woke up from my daydreaming, I didn’t want to end up like the rest of the girls in this class: Completely in Dreamland.

Jaein and I found our way to our seats in the back of the classroom, and the teacher cleared his throat.

“As I said, before these two girls interrupted us, this is Kim Jongin, and he will be staying in this class for the year,” the teacher explained, and I did my best not to look at this guy, Jongin.

For some reason, though…

He kept looking at me…

 

________________

 

A/N: 

ANNYEONG~~~!! \^o^/

Soooo~~ This is my very first EXO fanfic, I hope yew like it~~ Enjoy :3 !! 

 

COMMENTS ARE LOVE. <3