CHAPTER 4: HALLUCINATIONS

The Way You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Annyeong!  Wow, that was a hectic week for me, so many stuff and updates to finish!  But I did it, and now I present to you, a brand new chapter for our wonderful Yoseobie!  I might have to edit this later...

 

No One’s POV

“A human, here in the demon world…?”

“This living mortal has no shame…”

“How dare she set foot in our forbidden grounds!”

 

Areum woke up slowly to the sound of harsh whispers around her.   Her feeble eyes peered into the dark surroundings.  Pitch black in every direction.

“Serves you right to be down here.”

A hollow voice cut through, its menacing echoes penetrating the unseen walls.  Areum jerked awake, frantic brown orbs darting from left to right as to find where the voices were coming from.  Her efforts were made with no success, as the hissing and murmuring of voices grew stronger and she soon had to cover her ears in an attempt to block out the hatred spewing out of their mouths.

 

“Ugly, weak girl…”

“Never loved as a child…”

“Feel grateful when someone saved your life…!”

“You should’ve died in that alleyway during that fight!   

 

 “STOP IT!” Areum cried above the voices.  Their words reopened the wounds that she tried to close up so many years ago, and now were bleeding freely from the slashes from her heart.  She tried to block the words, to drown them from within her fake imagination.

“It’s no use.”

A familiar, yet taunting growl rumbled from afar.  Areum chocked back a frightened sob.  She quivered as she saw the outlines of a head, followed by body and feet, emerge from the background.  The demon landed near her, his hand holding a ball of pale green light.

“Y-You’r-re J-Junh-hy-yung,” The human girl sputtered out, looking at him in terror.  Junhyung raised an amused eyebrow.  “Oh, so this thing already knows my name.”  He smirked, observing her uncontrolled fascination as his pure black wings strung down. 

 

She is different from the rest of those pathetic humans…

 

“So do you know why you are here?”  Junhyung asked, an evil glint flashing in his red eyes.  Areum caught his look and flinched.  “No,” She whimpered.  The girl gave a surprised gasp when he flung the glowing orb behind his shoulder, and the blackness broke away. 

Ghastly green waters, illuminated by the floating energy soon became their surroundings.  The walls remain to be unseen, same with the depth and murkiness of the green lake.  Areum scrambled to her feet, finding the edges of her dress soaked in dampness, and the small island which she was currently stranded on, shrink in size. 

“W-What are y-you going to d-do to m-me?” Areum asked, forcing herself not to sound too intimidated by his presence.  Junhyung chuckled, the vibrations of his laugh turning the girl’s blood to ice.  “Do?  Why would I ever do something to you?” He mocked bluntly.  Areum stared. 

“T-Then why am I h-here?” She asked.  Junhyung moved his wrist, and Areum immediately found herself bound by black chains from head to toe.  “This thing never shuts up, does she?” Junhyung mused out loud, causing Areum to glare back at him in anger.

“I’m not a thing, I’m a human!” She retorted, all feelings of fear gone from her chest.  Junhyung’s eyes turned a darker shade of red, making the girl instantly regret for riling the demon.

“You will be silent until I say so!”  He snarled, his body suddenly looming so close that Areum had to squeeze her eyes shut in terror.  The demon slowly subsided, his wings carrying him until he was standing on the ripples of the lake.  Areum’s body relaxed slightly, her brown orbs now even more frightened as she met eyes with him.  

“Let me show you something.”  The demon’s voice spoke, the tone softer than before.  By magic, images of blurry definitions begin to light up, on the surface of the waters, and in mid-air.  The girl stared.  A small boy with a tuft of dark blonde hair was smiling cutely and laughing as he ran around the blue meadows.  His face was full of happiness, shown by his dimple, and his feet carrying him through the distance with the wind bellowing peacefully at his black t-shirt and shorts. 

“You recognize him, don’t you?” Junhyung said.  His face seemed to darken due to the flashes from numerous screens.  Areum could not take her eyes off of the watery sight.  “Oppa,” She whispered.  Her arms moved, causing the shackles to clink in protest.

“Yes, your dear saviour Yoseob.  And as much as he hates to be, my younger half-brother.” Junhyung drawled.  That’s when Areum locked eyes with him.  “What is going on?  And what is your relationship with oppa?” She demanded, ignoring the tightening of her chains as her body leaned forward.

The demon did not answer her question, but merely changed the current images with a twirl of his index finger.  The screens flickered again, this time showing a slideshow of images that Areum had to glance all around in order to see all of them: Yoseob eating his food, Yoseob playing with an object that resembled so familiarly to soccer, Yoseob reading a book, Yoseob playing with other demons, Yoseob sleeping; all of these images were computed and played repeatedly in Areum’s mind. 

The images soon altered, as it shows Yoseob leaving his childhood years and entering adolescence, his body growing taller and more built, the clothes on his body no longer casual but sophisticated, and the colour of his hair slowly turning lighter.  The one feature that never did change was his baby-like face.  The pouty cheeks remained the same all throughout, what Areum interpreted most likely as, time during his training years. 

Out of one flashing image, the silhouette of a female demon began to appear, soon filling the entire screens with her mysterious aura.

Who is that woman?  Areum wondered as she watched the ongoing slides.  She couldn’t help but feel a little uneasy at her beauty, or the fact that Yoseob had the biggest and happiest smile whenever he stood next to her in the images. 

Her heart jerked unknowingly.  She had never felt this feeling before; so different, yet so passionate. 

 

Why…

Why do I feel like my heart is going to burst from anger…

Why do I suddenly feel like that woman should be me instead…?

What is this feeling?  Why am I feeling this way…because of oppa?

 

However, what came over the next image chilled Areum’s nerves to the bone. The screen was slightly blurred, and didn’t have the same energetic vibe from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter