CHAPTER 1: FEELINGS

The Way You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N: Annyeong!  I have finally updated this fanfic, thank goodness!  Wah, I can't believe I already have so many subscribers, thank you so much to everyone who's interested in this story!  You guys are awesome, no doubt about that!  And now, let's go go go!

 

No One's POV 

“Aigoo!”

The frustrated cry made Areum’s ears perk up from the letter she was currently reading.  She got up, the sound of her slippers shuffling softly against the marble floor, and made her way down into the kitchen where Yoseob stood, his eyes glaring at the stove.

“Darn this kimchi stew,” He muttered, scratching his head in irritation.  He continued to stare intensely into the pot, in which the contents were barely bubbling in the water, and sighed.  Areum took a small step in, her sole emitting a slight scraping noise upon contact with the tiles.  Yoseob looked up.

“Areum-ah!” He brightened.  The young woman raised a curious eyebrow.  “Oppa, what happened?” She asked.  Yoseob’s grin deflated.  “That,” He huffed, pointing a finger at the unmoving pot.  Areum daintily made her way across the dolomite flooring until she was face-to-face with the accused object.

The girl stared at the contents floating inside the water.  Everything seems to look right.  She took a small sip from the spoon. 

“You put in too much water, oppa.  That’s why the stew’s not heating up quickly.  And you mistook sugar for salt,” Areum said, giving Yoseob a look that almost screamed ‘again?’

“Not my fault that they practically look the same,” Yoseob muttered under his breath.  His bottom lip jutted out as he continued to glare at his soppy creation.  Areum hid back a small giggle.  She grabbed an apron from one of the cupboards, and tightened the knots.

“Go get some sleep, let me do the cooking,” Areum coaxed, while putting her palms onto the man’s back and pushing him out of the kitchen.  “I don’t know why you just won’t let me use my powers,” Yoseob looked over his shoulder with a frown, feeling the guided force to his feet.  “Everything could’ve been done much faster.”

They stopped when Areum reached the doorway leading to the grand living room. 

“Because oppa,” Areum began to explain, but got cut off by Yoseob.  “Arayo, arayo.  Food made from scratch will always taste better than being zapped from spells,” He recited the same words she had repeated to him ever since the young girl took over the cooking duties, many years ago.

Areum nodded, her strands bobbing up and down with a pleased smile.  Yoseob sighed.  “Arasso, wake me up when you’re done,” He said, rubbing the back of his head.  The man slowly strode out of the forbidden territory. 

Areum took one last look at the kimchi stew before grabbing a ladle and dumping half of the watery liquid into the sink.  In doing so, she still felt a presence behind her.  She turned around, catching a glimpse of Yoseob’s hair whipping around from the corner, yelling “I’m going! I’m going!”

Sweet laughter finally left the girl’s mouth as she heard her guardian’s fleeing words.  Areum the nearby radio, something she always did whenever she’s cooking in the morning.  The rich, deep sounds of a cello began to play, decorating the room in a warm and cozy atmosphere, while the high-pitched vibratos created by a violin make Areum feel most at peace in the room.

“Oppa, lunch is ready!” She called, putting the last plate onto the dining table and running back into the kitchen to turn the speakers off.  After the knob was changed, Areum heard music coming from another room.  She tiptoed to the Glass Room, where she saw Yoseob playing the same song she had heard earlier from his grand piano.  His hands glided smoothly across the white surface, intertwining with the black keys as his movements created a soulful melody that echoed between the circular windows. 

Yoseob ended the piece with a low perfect fifth, and Areum clapped.  “Always the song imitator,” She praised with admiring eyes.  Yoseob flashed a b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter