Someone to Fill the Void

Even if it hurts, it will be worth it for you.

 

---Yuna’s Pov---

“ I did.”

There was silence for a while; it was so quiet I could hear TaecYeon snoring in the room next to us. I didn’t know what to say and JunHo seemed like he was still trying to process it all.

“Are you okay?” I asked tentatively.

“Yeah, it’s just a shock that's all.” He finally replied.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“Um, I do but I don’t. If you know what I mean.” He said so softly I thought I was hearing things, but then he continued, “Where did you see him? Did he see you?”

“I saw him in front of the dormitory and no I don’t think he saw me.”

“In front of our dormitory?”

“Yeah, it looked like he was waiting for you guys.”

“Did he look okay? Like healthy and happy?” His voice broke on the last word.

“He looked healthy but he didn't look happy, it looked like he really wanted to see you guys.”

Silence again.

“That’s not good then.” He finally said. “I want him to be happy.” He grabbed me tighter still when he said those last words.

“JunHo, what happened?”

“Honestly, I still don't really know. All I know that is Hyung gave up on us. Gave up on everything that we worked so hard together on.”

“Why would he do that?”

“Because it was easier that way I guess, because it would hurt less.”

“I’m sure that wouldn't be the entire reason. You guys are so special and if he was everything that he seemed to be. He would have tried as hard as he could.”

“He didn’t though noona… He just gave up.” He was squeezing me so hard as if to make sure that I was real and that I wouldn't just evaporate in his arms.

“JunHo…”

More silence.

“Noona, please don’t leave me too.”

“I won’t I promise.” I said as I squeezed him back and curled into him more.

There was silence again I could feel his grip on me loosen as he gradually fell asleep.

There is no way that is the entire story. The person I saw today is not the same person as JunHo and probably the rest of 2pm think he is. If he just gave up so easily he would not have been there today just looking, waiting and maybe hoping. I may know nothing about Korean idols and pop culture, but people are the same everywhere in the world and I at least understand basic human emotions.

I couldn't sleep so I wrestled myself out of JunHo’s grip and went to the balcony to sit and look at Seoul.

 

---Nichkhun’s Pov---

I couldn’t sleep and from the bright streetlights and cars on the street below me it looked like I wasn’t the only one.

Sometimes I just wish I wasn't an idol, I wish I could just take off go to a local bar meet a pretty girl and actually be able to introduce myself to her. Maybe she will be perfect for me, maybe she will be soulmate or maybe she would be just someone to spend the night with not even in a romantic sense but just for company. But I can’t if I went down on the streets I would cause a riot and even if by some miracle I wasn’t seen. I still wouldn't be able to introduce myself… Maybe that is why Yuna is so special, the reason why her face keeps revolving around my head and why I keep thinking about her or why I feel so jealously protective over her even around my members… I wonder what was wrong with her tonight…

I sigh and close my eyes for a bit, hoping that I would feel sleepy and that I would finally feel like I needed to sleep, but her expression tonight kept on crept into my thoughts. I let out a frustrated growl.

“Hello?” I hear a female voice say, “Is anyone out here?”

“Yuna?”

“Nichkhun Oppa?”

I saw her step out from the shadows and gave me this dazzling smile that made me go a little weak at the knees. Until I wondered why she was out here.

“Are they in your bed again?” I growled.

“Oh um…”she hesitated “No?”

I felt frustrated and angry. Why does she have such an effect on me?

“You are a terrible liar. Either you need to practice more of give it up completely. I thought Hyung told them to stay out of there.” I said as I tried to push pass her into the house “Hang out, I’ll tell them to get out. You need to sleep.”

She grabbed my arm and said, “It’s okay really and I can’t sleep anyway. Too much on my mind.”

“It okay really I don’t mind telling them to move. It’s cold out here too, you should go inside and rest.”

“Are you shooing me away?” she asked with a giggle.

“No of course not, I am thinking of your health.”

“My health?” she giggled again.

That sound and what it does to me…

“I’m perfectly healthy, but thank you for your concern.” She smiled as she came over to sit down next to me, “It’s so gorgeous tonight.”

“It really is, I can almost see all the way to Thailand.” I reply and sit too.

“Too Thailand?” she laughs again.

“Or I would like to think anyway. It normally feels so far away from me that I try to feel connected to it in anyway I can.”

“I know what you mean, Australia is even further than Thailand and anytime I hear anything about it my heart beats faster.”

“Your heart beats faster?” I ask her.

“It does. It thumps against my rib cage. I love my country with all my heart, the food, the places and the people. As much as I love Korea, Australia is my home and when I’m away its hard,” she replies.

I sigh quietly before saying, “You talk a lot like someone I used to know.”

“Someone you used to know?”

“Yeah, he was really important to me and he spoke about his home just the way you do. He loved Korea with every part of his being but it wasn’t home. Not to him.”

“I see.” She was quiet before continuing like she was considering what she was going to say very carefully. “Is it to you?”

“Yes and No? I will always miss Thailand but I love what I do, my fans mean everything to me. So I feel like if I have them I can survive.”

She giggles again, “What should I do then? I don’t have fans to comfort me.”

“What are you talking about? Everyone who meets you becomes your fan! JunHo is trying to keep you a secret from 2am because he thinks that if they meet you, they will compete for your attention.”

“That’s very sweet but you are full of it.” She laughs and shoves me a little playfully.

“I am being one hundred percent truthful.” I tell her solemnly.

“Then what about you? Aren’t you also afraid that some guy will come and just sweep me off my feet?”

“Not in the slightest. I have trust in my capabilities as well as my members. There is no chance we would ever let that happen. We have claimed you as ours.”

She snorts in protest, “I sound like some possession.”

“A very precious possession.”

“Still a possession though.”

“Then what would you rather be then?”

“Hmm…” she considered, “For me I would want not to be a possession but for someone to be possessive over me. Like I don’t belong to them because they say so but I choose to.”

“Oh?” I say in surprise. “I never thought that you would be the type.”

“How come?”

“You always seem so independent not the type to need a guy.”

She laughs again as she steps forward towards the balcony and the lights from below light up her face and smile, “That’s just the thing, it is not really a need but a want?”

She is so beautiful, every time it takes my breath away. But I know it’s not just that. She is genuinely kind and passionate. Someone to spend the night with only looking for company… Someone who might be able to finally fill the void that Jay left, she actually reminds me of him a little, they are similar in personality as well as being so whole-heartedly passionate about things.

“Do you know anyone who is willing to fill the position?” she asks

Before I could respond another voice cuts the quiet.

“What position noona?” JunHo asks.

I can honestly say: I have never been less pleased to see my dongsaeng. Interrupting my alone time.

“Oh JunHo.” Yuna says “Are you okay? I thought you were asleep.”

“I was, but then I woke up and you were gone so I was worried.” He said as he walked towards her with his arms open. She walked willing into them. “Why are you out here with hyung?”

“We were just talking.” I reply. “But we were done I think. So bed?”

“Bed.” She agrees taking his head and leading him back into the dorm.

I grab the scruff of his shirt before he could follow her and said, “Where do you think your going?”

“To bed?” he replied confusedly.

“To your own bed.” I said.

“Noooo.” He whined, “To noona’s! I want to sleep with her tonight.”

“Have you ever considered asking her if that is what she wants?” I tell him.

“It’s okay, Khun oppa. I don't mind.” She tells me.

I let go of him reluctantly and move towards my bedroom. “Goodnight then.”

“Night.” I hear two voices reply.

Just before I close my door I hear a final question. “What position were you guys talking about?”

“Oh, I was just asking Khun Hyung if he knew anyone that would want to be possessive over me.” She replies.

“I know plenty of people!”

“Who?”

“2pm silly. Khun Hyung, me and everyone else will always be possessive over you noona.”

I smile and go to bed. Finally feeling able to sleep.

 

Author's note: What do you think guys? I of course don't know what happened between the members and this is all my imagination but i know some basic facts so i based my story on those. Sometimes i think everyone gets lonely and to have just someone sit with you and feel the same as you do does a lot for the um...... emotions?XD

Also thankyou to my new subscribers for subscribing and my old subscribers for continuing to read my work :) I hope this new chapter was what you were hoping for ^.^