Chapter 3

Mooncake

Zhoumi dragged himself along the road towards a taxi, he was exhausted and Henry had kept bugging him for pocky this time he got rainbow flavour, rainbow? How is that even possible? He flagged the cab down and quickly chucked his suitcases in the back before yelling at Henry to hurry up aish that dude…  

He sat in the cab patiently while Henry told the driver his parents address in English the only word Zhoumi could make sense of was ‘street’.

“Ge, are you looking forward to seeing my family?” Henry beamed jumping up and down in his chair pocky in hand.

“Sure, I haven’t seen them in a while, how’s your sister?”

Henry rolled his eyes “Whitney’s fine, annoying as ever, though she’s getting pretty good at the violin”

“Just like her big brother” Zhoumi laughed and nudged Henry

“Yeah, just like me she got a boyfriend recently” Henry stuck his tongue out

“Oh is he Chinese?”

“Well yeah, he can’t speak any though, he’s from Hong Kong- wait what? That’s not even the point! Whitney is way too young for this! I don’t approve” Henry pouted

“Henry… She’s your sister… Not your daughter”

“Yeah but still, she’s practically a baby anyway”

“So protective” Zhoumi shook his head

“Hey! No I changed my mind, I think it’s wonderful their together they are going to get married and have babies and all that”

“Henry you haven’t even met him yet”

“Well you know he seems like the usual westernised Chinese”

Zhoumi just nodded

----

Henry knocked on the door loudly, twice, three times before the door opened and Henry’s mother flew out the door tackling them both in a hug

“HENRY, ZHOUMI! WELCOME HOME! OH IT’S BEEN SUCH A LONG TIME!” Henry’s mother squished Zhoumi’s cheeks together.

“Nice to see you too Auntie, I hope the family is doing well”

“Oh yes! We’ve been fine! I’m so glad I can see you guys again! I hope the company hasn’t been making you two work too hard!”

“Mom, we’re fine okay! Where’s Whitney! I need to interrogate her about this boyfriend of hers” Henry said suspiciously before rushing upstairs to find his sister.

“HENRY WHAT THE HELL!”

“WHAT? I’M JUST ASKING! IT’S PERFECTLY NORMAL FOR BROTHERS TO ASK THEIR SISTERS ABOUT THIS SORT OF THING”

“HENRY, JUST GET OUT OF MY ROOM!”

“NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME ABOUT, wait what’s his name? Oh yeah LOGAN!”

“IT’S JEREMY! NOW GET OUT!”

Zhoumi could hear the shouting from above as he sat down at the dining table with a cup of tea that Henry’s mother had given him.

“Auntie, are they always this… Loud?”

“Well- I mean- yeah…”

Zhoumi laughed at that he turned to see Henry walking into the room sullenly, pout on his face.

“She wouldn’t tell me anything…  Well other than his name is Jeremy”

“Henry, darling Jeremy is coming round for dinner sometime soon you can meet him then”

“Bah! Why does Whitney even need a boyfriend anyway…? Just WHY! NOT MY BABY SISTER!”

“Darling, Jeremy’s a nice boy, good grades, plays basketball”

“Soccer is way better”

“Yeah… Well anyway, why don’t you and Zhoumi do the grocery shopping today, give your sister a break?”

“Okay… Ge let’s go” Henry took the shopping list from the fridge and walked out towards his car that he had here.

“Wow Henry, I never knew you liked the colour yellow that much” Zhoumi teased as he eyed Henry’s bright yellow car.

“Well you know me, always bright and cheerful”

“Yeah sure thing…”

“Hey! I am so! Ask Ryeowook Hyung!”

“Wook Ah is biased towards you”

“Whatever! He is not! He just loves me! Anyway let’s go where are we going again?”

“Your mother said something about a supermarket”

“TO THE SUPERMARKET AWAY!!!!!”

“You’re an idiot” Zhoumi facepalmed inwardly

“Ahhh it sure is great to be home!”

Zhoumi walked through the aisles of the super market, all the food was so different to Korea, and all the cute packaging was gone.

“Henry? Don’t you miss all the food packaging they have back in Korea? I know you love cute stuff” Zhoumi asked as he randomly picked up a cereal box, Cinnamon crunch it was so different to the breakfast they had in China and Korea, it was mostly rice and soup occasionally they would get steamed cake or western cereal or toast but here in Canada they have an endless array of breakfast cereals and something called pop tarts, Henry always got the blueberry flavoured ones sent to him from his mother when they were in Korea.

“Yeah, but I miss my pop tarts too!”

“Are you going to get the blueberry ones?”

“Nah this time I’ll be different and get cookie dough flavoured, I’m bored with blueberry”

Zhoumi rolled his eyes and continued to shop.

“What else do we need?”

“Uh” Henry glanced at the list “Bread, soy sauce, ice-cream, tapioca and um a mango”

“A mango?”

“Look Whitney really likes them okay? And mom always serves it with that tapioca pudding”  

“Yeah mangoes are good”

----

The pair walked into the house grocery bags in hand they popped into the kitchen where Henry’s mother was stirring a massive pot of soup.

“Oh hey guys! You’re just in time to help me with dinner!”

“But mom! We’re jet lagged! I’m so sleepy!!”

“Honey you can sleep later, Whitney’s doing the dishes tonight”

“Fine… I’ll help… But only cause Whitney has to do the dishes and not me”

“You never change Henry” Henry’s mother said laughing before turning back to her soup

“Zhoumi, darling can you please cut up the vegetables for me? Henry you can cut the meat”

“Okay auntie” Zhoumi bit down a laugh after he saw Henry’s face.

“Mom! You’re supposed to favour me remember! Not my Ge!”

“Yeah but, it’s not often that you’re home so I don’t get to boss you around as much”

“HEY! I GET BOSSED AROUND AT THE DORMS TOO!”

“Yeah, to clean up your own mess, by the way the pineapple biscuits in your duvet are really starting to gross me out!”

“HEY! Don’t diss the biscuits!”

“Henry, why can’t you be more hygienic like your Gege’s?”

Henry sighed and gave up he walked over to the chopping board where a heap of pork was waiting to be cut.

Yuck, Zhoumi better be grateful he only has to do vegetables, this is so gross to touch!

A/N

DONE FINALLY UPDATED IT! Even if nothing happened at all -.-

I’m sorry I don’t update this enough! Iloveyou all thankyou for your patience! <3