Don't Cry

My Pet

 

                “Darling, don’t cry.  You’re making me sad, too.  How many times do I have to wash your face before you stop?”  I ran a wet paper towel over his still teary eyes.

                “I’m sorry, Lulu.”  He mumbled.

                “No, this isn’t your fault.  It’s your parent’s fault.  Nobody deserves to be ignored by their parents.” 

                “It is my fault, I should’ve never come out to them.” 

                “Come on, don’t be like this.  Let’s go join Baekhyun and Chanyeol now, okay?”  I grabbed his cold, clammy hand and kissed it.  “I’ll always love you, so don’t worry.” 

                “Stop saying that… I don’t deserve someone like you.”  He started sniffling again.

                No!  I just spent ten minutes mopping your face, don’t ruin it.

                “Sh, sh, shh.”  I hugged the distressed boy again, hoping he’ll calm down.

                It really did break my heart seeing him like this.  I don’t know what to do, though.  His parents won’t listen to me.  He won’t listen to me.  Nobody ing listens to me.  Maybe I’m the failure here.

                We finally joined the party and Baekhyun was there waiting for us at the door.  His face told me everything.

                He knows something is up.

                “Hey, nice of you to join us.”  He was eerily cheerful and it made my stomach sink.

                “Baek, I’m sorry that we didn’t come immediately after.  There were some things-”

                “We know.”  He sighed and shot a sympathetic look at my boyfriend before hugging him.  “I’m sorry, Sehun-ah, we shouldn’t have invited them.  Chanyeol just thought that they would come around if they saw you.”  He patted the younger’s back before stepping away.

                “It’s okay, hyung, it’s my fault.  I-”

                “Don’t say it.  Just enjoy the wedding.  We’ll be eating soon, okay?”  He winked and waltzed back to his husband.

                Aish, how is he so energetic all the time?

                Chanyeol whispered something into his ear before walking over to Sehun and me, looking remorseful.

                “I really didn’t know, Sehun.  Will you forgive me?”  He grabbed his cousin’s hand and I smiled.

                I’m sure if anybody can take his mind off of it, it’s Chanyeol.

                “Of course, don’t ask me stupid questions.”  He grinned and lightly punched Chanyeol’s arm.  It was so obvious that he wasn’t happy, it was painful watching him fake emotions he didn’t feel.

                “Sehun!  Stop it.  I know you’re trying to hide your emotions again.  God damn it… maybe you should just go home.  I’m sorry for ruining your visit.”

                “Hyung, stop.  I want to celebrate your marriage with Baekhyun-hyung.  Who needs parents?”

                “Okay, well, they left already anyway.  They must hate me, too.  It’s okay, Luhan will take care of you, right, hyung?”  He turned to me and I nodded.

                “Let’s dance.”  I pulled the reluctant boy out on the dance floor and grabbed his hands.

                He didn’t budge.

                “Lulu… I don’t want to.  I want to sit down.”  He whined and I rolled my eyes.

                “Why not?  You can’t let them dictate your life.  You’re an adult.” 

                “I know, but… they’re my parents.”  He studied his feet, avoiding my piercing stare.

                “At least you have parents.” 

                Alright, I know that was bad but I just want him to realize that life isn’t about getting your parent’s approval.  Just because they brought you into this world doesn’t mean they can oppress you.

                “I’m sorry…”

                “Stop saying you’re sorry all the time.  You’re making me feel bad.”

                “Sorr- oh I’m sor- !”

                I giggled at him while he pouted at his mistakes.  Suddenly he cracked the first genuine smile of the night and my heart fluttered a bit.

                “There he is.”  I stood on my tippy toes to peck him on the cheek.  “I want to see that smile more, alright?” 

                He smiled again, making me smile back automatically.  Then, he started moving to the music, tossing me around with each move. 

                “Hey!  Do I look like a rag doll to you, Oh Sehun?”  I frowned, getting hit in the face with my own arm.

                “Lighten up.  Didn’t you just tell me to do the same?”  He stuck out his tongue and I snorted.

                “You better put that back in your back before I bite it off.” 

                “Oh, feisty.”  He winked and leaned in close.

                “Down, boy, not in public.”

                “I’m not your dog anymore, you can’t tell me what to do.”  He inched closer until I could feel the warm air flowing from his nostrils.

                “This is harassment, I feel targeted.”  I stated dramatically, coaxing a small chuckle from those pink lips that were so familiar.

                Well, I guess I’m a hypocrite.

                I closed the gap between our lips, earning some squeals from Sehun’s female cousins.

                “Sehunnie-oppa!  You didn’t tell us you had another boyfriend!”  They surrounded me, scrutinizing my every detail.

                “, he’s really hot.”  One gasped, poking my cheek.

                “Eunji!  Get away from him, he’s mine.”  Sehun growled and she backed away.

                “Aw, oppa, come on!  He’s so cute, look at those perfect proportions.”  A long-haired one gestured to my face and I raised an eyebrow.

                Perfect proportions?  I don’t think I’m that handsome to begin with.

                “Yeah Sehun-ah!  You got lucky, he’s so pretty, I’m jealous.” 

                “Girls, I’m not that handso-”

                “What!?  Shut up!”  They all shouted at the same time, making me cower in fear.

                This is why I’m gay, because females are crazy.

                “Everyone make your way back to the tables, please.  Except you two, Sehun and Luhan, come up here.  It’s time to do toasts.”  Chanyeol beckoned us up to where they were sitting.

                , what do I say?  I didn’t really prepare a speech so…

                I knew what I’d do.

                Sehun decided to go first, though.

                “I’d like to say congratulations to my cousin, Chanyeol and his husband, Baekhyun.  You know, I thought they’d never get married.  They’ve been dating for like, forever and the last year, Chanyeol always cried to me saying, ‘I don’t know if he’ll say yes or not.  Help me, Sehun-ah!’”  He mimicked his cousin’s deep voice and Baekhyun started cracking up.  “No but seriously, Chanyeol-hyung, you’ve helped me through a hard time in my life and I’m really thankful that you’re my cousin.  Honestly, I didn’t believe you when you asked me to be your best man.  I’m not good at speeches and I’m not much of a man but I hope you and Baekhyun will stay together forever.  Well, I don’t need to hope because just look at you two, I don’t know who’s a cuter couple.  Baekhyun being so small and cute compared to this clumsy giant.  Well, I love you, hyung.”  He bowed to the couple and then to the round of applause he recived.

                “Luhan-ah, it’s your turn to say something!”  Baekhyun whispered and I nodded.

                “I’ve actually prepared a song to sing for you two.  I can really sense the love between you two so I’ll sing a song that represents that.  It’s called Marry U by Super Junior.”  I cleared my throat and was surprised when background music started playing.

                I’m not that good at rapping but I tried my best with that part.  Baekhyun was silently flailing about and I had to suppress a laugh.  I don’t think anybody here has ever heard me sing before besides Yixing.  I, of course, changed the words a bit since the original lyrics were meant to be sung to a girl.  As I got to the chorus, I locked eyes with Sehun.

                I’ll stay next to you for the rest of my life, I do.

                I love you, I do.

                Through rain and snow, I’ll cherish you, I do~

                I’ll take care of you, my love.

                After I was done, my cheeks were burning from the realization that I sung my heart out in front of all these people.  People I didn’t even know except a few.  I got an explosion of claps and woos from the crowd, making my heart flutter.

                Was it really that good?

                “Luhan!  That was amazing!  I never knew you sung that well.”  Baekhyun’s mouth was gaping open like a fish gasping for air.

                “Yeah well, I didn’t prepare a speech so… that happened.  It was horrible, what are you talking about?” 

                “No!  You have a talent!  Chanyeol, isn’t his voice angelic?” 

                “Yeah, hyung.  Just look at my family, they love you.”  He pointed to his cousin’s and aunt’s who were making googly eyes at me.

                “Thanks…”  I murmured shyly.

                “Lulu…”  I turned around to see my boyfriend in tears again.

                “What now?  Was my singing that bad?” 

                “No!  It was so beautiful!  That’s my favorite song, you know.  Then, when you looked at me, I couldn’t hold my tears back.  I really love you, you know that?”  He wrapped his arms around me and kept squeezing until my lungs couldn’t expand anymore.

                “Yup… f-feeling the love.”  I choked out.

                He let go and I took a deep breath. 

                “I love you, too.  It’s time for food and I’m hungry.  Aren’t you hungry from all that crying?”  I asked him as we took our seats at the table.

                I dug into the food.  It wasn’t Korean, sadly.  They gave us this ic tasting pasta that made my tastebuds explode instead.  It was only an appetizer or something, though, because the main course was lobster. 

                “God, this is so good.  I love lobster.”  Sehun commented and I nodded in agreement.

                “Me too!  Ugh, but the pasta was just…”  I couldn’t even finish the sentence since there really wasn’t a way to express my love for that pasta.

                “I know, it’s just so… oh my God.  It was delicious.” 

                For desert, there was this cake filled with hot chocolate sauce paired with vanilla ice cream.  If I didn’t have enough s from the main course alone, that just sent me over the edge. 

                “Oh Jesus, this… beats everything.  I don’t think it can get any tastier.”  I was pretty sure I was having a mental breakdown from it.

                “Hm, really?  Let’s test that.”  He turned my face and pressed his lips against mine, shoving his tongue in.

                Sehun + ic chocolate = pure ?

                “You know, I think I’m going to have to taste more when we get home.”  I smirked, raising my eyebrows suggestively.

                And I did end up tasting more.  A lot more.

----

Author’s Note:

This chapter just went from sad to erted.  I have problems.  OTL

At least Sehun is feeling better, right? 

Guys I’m so sorry >.< I didn’t update all ing day. 

I blame community service.  As a junior, I have to pack on the hours or else I’m screwed.  So… forgive me, okay?  I love you all.  ;_;

Oh yeah and I have another fic to update.  OTL Aish, I'm sorry but this fic was becoming too serious, I needed to have some kind of comedic relief and that's how my other fic was born.

ANYBODY ELSE LOVE SUPER JUNIOR?

Like seriously, Marry U is one of my favorite songs.  Besides *insert fifty billion other songs*

Well.  Bye.  <3