We're Okay Now

My Pet

 

                Two weeks later, I was not doing well.  The separation was eating me alive.   After work each night, I curl up in a fetal position on the bed and imagine he’s there with me.  Even that doesn’t work, though.  The Taoris couple is supposed to come over today because they don’t want me to be alone but it doesn’t really matter to me. 

                “Luhan?  Are you in there?”  I heard Tao’s voice from outside the door and slowly rolled off my bed.

                I lethargically hauled myself to the door and opened it.  They rushed in and hugged me.

                “We’re sorry, Luhan, we were so busy preparing for our move to Korea that we didn’t think twice about how you must be doing.”  Tao sighed and looked at my emotionless face.

                “Tao, we’re too late, he’s already depressed again.”

                I usually would’ve been angry at Kris for saying that like he’s a know-it-all, but he was telling the truth.  After visiting Minseok and Jongdae that one day, I hadn’t been out of the house except to go to work.  I never saw Yixing because he was always glued to Junmyeon’s side and that meant they were always having in Junmyeon’s office.  I would’ve gone over Minseok and Jongdae’s but they’re preparing to adopt a child now and I don’t want to bother them.  There’s just nobody that’s been around and with Sehun’s helplessness in America, it’s just too much for me.  Sehun had the bullies suspended but when they came back they kept bullying him.  They wouldn’t punch him anymore, but it was still verbal abuse.  When he went to the counselors, they didn’t believe him anymore since he had no proof.  He says that Jimmy is his only friend, which isn’t necessarily a good thing.  That Jimmy kid keeps cutting into our conversations and taking Sehun away from me to go places.  Junmyeon says I can go to America in two weeks but I honestly can’t wait anymore.  I want to see Sehun now.  I’m so lonely.

                “Luhan!  Are you listening?”  Tao was poking my cheek and snapped out of my train of thought.

                “I was thinking.”  I grumbled, a frown forming on my face.

                “About Sehun?  Oh Luhan, we’re so sorry.  Are you okay?”

                How the would I be okay? 

                “No!  I’m not okay!  Sehun’s having an awful time at his dorms and I want to leave this ing place.”  I finally snapped and the first victim was poor Tao.

                Of course he burst into tears.

                “I-I’m sorry!  I know you’re not okay, Luhan, and I’m worried about you.  I remember how depressed I was when Kris left me, but look at us now, after that separation we’re stronger than ever.”  He latched on to his boyfriend’s chest, wetting it with his tears. 

                “Stop crying, would you?  Luhan, listen, just go to America, didn’t you already pick out an apartment?”

                “Yeah but I still need to meet with the landlord and get new furniture.”

                “Here, take this.”  He handed me a fat envelope and I wondered what was inside.

                “What is it?”

                “Open it after we leave.  God- Tao stop crying, he’s not mad at you, okay?”  He hugged his still crying boyfriend to his chest with an exasperated exhale.

                “I love you, Kris, don’t ever leave me again, okay?” 

                “Ugh, I love you too, Tao, I can’t leave you since we live together.”

                “But what if you get mad at me and leave?”

                “I won’t, you’re the one who gets mad when I step on your Gucci.”

                “That was one time!  I said I was sorry for hitting you with my wushu stick!”  He whined, the waterworks had stopped and I was amazed.  Kris was good at making Tao cry, but he was also good at making him stop crying.

                I guess Sehun has the same power over me.

                “Wow, Kris, that’s a new record.  I’ve never seen someone stop Tao from crying so quickly.”

                “Well, I’m just magic.”  He winked and Tao smirked seductively.

                “Kris, we need to go now.  Remember, we have some, um, business to take care of.”

                Are they seriously being ual in my house?

                “Oh yeah, now I remember.  Let’s go tend to it quickly.”  They just stood there, looking at each other before eating each other’s faces much to my dismay.

                “Yah!  Don’t do your business in my house while it’s still mine.  Go to your ing hotel.”  I shoved them out of the door and they basically sprinted the rest of the way to their hotel.

                Doesn’t Tao get tired of his being sore?

                I realized that I was kind of happy for the first time in those couple weeks.  Those two know how to cheer me up, even though they are bastards who can’t keep it in their pants.  I felt cheery enough to go eat some real food.  I haven’t been eating much, maybe once a day and it was always either a bowl of rice or ramen.  Even then I wouldn’t even eat half.  I walked out of the door, and out of the building.  I wondered where I should go to eat and then settled for my favorite Chinese food place a few blocks away.  I felt awkward because I was eating alone but I actually felt really hungry for once.  Maybe the way to make me happy is to have someone with me all the time, maybe being alone is the reason for my depression. 

                All of a sudden I saw Kai and Kyungsoo walking towards me and before I could hide, the tan one called out my name.  “Luhan-hyung!”

                The tan one is calling for me?

                “Y-yes?”  I braced myself for some kind of warning from him but one never came.

                “Can we take you somewhere?  We were on our way to your house but now that you’re here, let’s sit somewhere.”  The pale one took my hand and looked up at me expectantly.

                “I was on my way to the Lotus Flower.”  I pointed to the restaurant across the street and they nodded.

                “Alright.  Let’s go there, then.”

                When we got in there, we were immediately seated.  I was curious to find out what they wanted to talk about.

                “Jongin, wants to apologize.”  Kyungsoo cut right to the chase, just how I like it.

                “Yeah, hyung, I’m sorry for being so jealous of you and Sehun.  I know I hurt him, but I really did love him.  You can have him because I love Kyungsoo now.”  He leaned over and pressed his lips against his boyfriends and I rolled my eyes.

                I get your point, .  You don’t have to demonstrate, I’ve seen enough kissing today from Taoris.

                “It’s okay, I understand.”

                “What’s on your finger?”  The big-eyed one reached over to inspect my hand and gasped at the ring.

                “You guys are engaged already?  It’s only been like a month since you two started going out!”  Jongin was pissed again and I raised my hands up in defense.

                “No!  It’s a… promise ring.”  I smiled sheepishly.

                “Oh, you scared me, I can’t let my Sehun go to some stranger.”

                “Your Sehun?”  Kyungsoo glared at his boyfriend.

                “I’m sorry…”  He kissed the pale one’s lips again.

                When we finally got our food, I ended up eating it all in under five minutes.  The couple just gaped at me. 

                “Whoa!  When was the last time you ate?  When Sehun left?”

                “I guess you could say that.”  I shrugged.

                “Are you serious?  That’s not healthy, hyung.”  Kyungsoo frowned and got up.  “You miss him, don’t you?”

                I sighed as he bent down to hug me.  Jongin got up and hugged me, too.  I leaned on them, grateful for the human contact.  “Of course I miss him, I’ve been so depressed since he hasn’t been having a good time.”

                “What… do you mean?”  The asked simultaneously.

                , they’re not going to like finding out that their friend is being bullied.

                “He’s just having trouble adjusting.”  I quickly covered up and they seemed to buy it because they let go and sat back down.

                “I see.  Tell him we’re rooting for him.  When are you leaving?”  Jongin asked.

                “In two weeks, but I hope it’ll be moved up.”

                “What are you planning on doing when you see him again?” 

                “What do you mean?”  I cautiously probed, making eye contact with the tan one.

                “Fine, I’ll cut to the chase, are you going to deflower him?  You know like in the movies when people meet again and then they-”

                “Kim Jongin!  Stop asking such personal questions.”  His boyfriend was blushing and punching him lightly on the chest.

                “I want to know, because Sehun is special.”

                “Says the one who almost forced him and then settled for me when he broke up with you.”

                “Shut up, that’s the past, Kyung.  You know I love you.”  He cuddled the smaller to his chest and I bit my lip.

                I didn’t really plan on doing that with him but I wondered if that was what he was expecting.  We haven’t been going out long so I doubt he would but all of my friends don’t waste time when it comes to being intimate.  In any case, I felt awkward talking about it with his ex-boyfriend.

                “I… if he wants it, I’ll give it to him.” 

                “Okay so that’s a ‘no’.  Good, I’m not ready to get calls from him crying from how bad it was anyway.”  Jongin seemed satisfied with that answer.

                “It’s not bad, stop it already Jong-ah!”

                “Fine, sorry for bringing up personal stuff.” 

                “I… It’s okay.”  I really wanted to leave now.

                We split the bill and we said our good byes before parting ways.

                The next day, Junmyeon came up to me with Baekhyun next to him.  Baekhyun shifted on his feet, looking at the floor with a giant frown.

                “Go tell him, Baek, since you’re closest with him.”

                “The American branch decided that you could come in five days at the earliest… but it’s your choice when you choose to come.”  I could barely hear him but his voice sounded sad.

                “Baekhyun… I’ll go.”  He didn’t seem to like that answer and flung himself into my arms.

                “I don’t want you to, though.  Can’t you stay a little longer?” 

                “No, Baekhyun, he’s leaving no matter what you say.  Come on, we have to finish putting the magazine together.”  Junmyeon grabbed the teary-eyed boy by the wrist and pulled him into his office.

                “Luhan!  Chanyeol and I want to see you before you go, okay?  I’ll talk to you later about it.”  He shouted across the room and I nodded.

                After work, he came up to me.

                “Come home with me, Chanyeol wants to talk to you.  Well, I do, too, but Chanyeol is Sehun’s cousin and he has some things to tell you before you go.”

                “Okay, let’s go.”

                ------

Author’s Note:

Okay, I know these chapters are boring but now Luhan is going to see Sehun in less than five days!  That means next chapter so get ready for the reunion!  I would’ve spent more time on the other couples but I didn’t really know what else to do with them.  :P Also, I really want to write some more Hunhan fluff because it makes me sad that they aren’t together.  >.> Okay well I love you guys and to my new subscribers, thank you!