The Poor Swan

If I Could Change One Thing...

~The Poor Swan~

You hurried to school from your house after sleeping late.

"Damn Ai! Why didn't you wake me up?" You said to yourself quietly running into the school to your locker to get your first few classes material. You opened your locker and had it slammed shut by someone.

"Excuse me," you said glaring at the person.

"You are excused," he said smirking. You rolled your eyes and opened the locker again, only for it to be shut again, but quicker and making more noise.

"What the heck Hyunseong! What do you want?" You asked, clearly irritated and putting your hand on the lock.

"For you to go to the dance with me," he said taking your hand off the lock and pulling you closer to him then shoving you against the wall.

"What dance?" You said looking away.

"The school is throwing a dance to relieve studies," he said whispering in your ear. You lifted your knee up to his stomach and pushed him away.

"Who in the right mind would go with you," you said turning back to your locker and fixing your shirt.

"Do you want to die?" He asked punching the wall next to the locker. You jumped and looked at him then looking quickly back at your locker.

"Obviously yes. That is what I've always wanted - to be killed by the schools pot head. Yup, sounds about right," you said opening your locker and pulling out some books, or shall we say attempting. Before you could pull your arm back, Hyunseong slammed the locker on your arm. You squealed in pain and pulled your arm to your side.

"Yah!" You heard from down the hallway.

"Oh crap!" You heard Hyunseong say and run away. You put your back against the locker after closing it and slid down it. You grabbed your arm in pain, afraid to reveal what it looked like.

"Are you okay?" You heard a boy say as he crouched next to you. You bit your lip and nodded, tightening the grip on your arm when his hand reached for it.

"Just let me see, I won't hurt you," he said lightly pulling your hand away and gently pulling the clearly bruised arm towards him. You whimpered in pain and he loosened his grip.

"Mianhae." You looked at him and realized it was the guy from the restaurant. You smiled slightly and then realized he looked up.

"You need to see the school nurse," he said smiling slightly.

"Aish. . . She doesn't like me. . ." you said pouting and pulling your arm away causing you to whimper in pain.

"Don't say that, just come with me, you can get your stuff later, okay?" He asked taking your bag away from you and helping you up by pulling your not injured arm up to him.

"Thank you, . . ."

"Jonghyun," he said smiling. You smiled slightly and tried to take your arm away.

"Ani," he said shaking his head and grabbing your hand, "You are my injured swan to take care of." You just followed him and blushed slightly. The nurse's office was on the other side of the building on the top floor so it was going to take awhile to get there.

"Hey, weren't you our server from the restaurant?" He asked walking up a flight of stairs.

"Um, yes." You said nodding and trying to keep up with him. He slowed down and looked at you.

"You are an elegant swan, correct?"

"No, unless elegant means clumsy."

"I saw you dancing. I don't think that's the case. You are very light on your feet and balanced, just like a swan. Plus you have the beauty of a swan," he said trailing off towards the end of his statement. You blushed and looked down at the stairs.

"I don't dance that well," you finally said after trying to gain the confidence.

"I'll be the judge of that," he said looking at you, smirking. You blushed a brighter red and continued to walk up the stairs. You both finally arrived to the nurse's office and you sat on the chair in the office with Jonghyun sitting next to you, still holding your hand.

"Ah, Ms. Kim," said the nurse walking in with a file, "Birth date - December 21st. That's coming up isn't it?" She continued, looking up from the file then down to Jonghyun and your hands. You nodded and looked at her.

"What trouble do we have today?" She asked looking at your other arm.

"I accidentally caught my locker with my backpack while pulling out a book and it shut on my arm. . ." You said quietly and felt Jonghyun squeeze your hand.

"Ah, may I see?" She asked. You nodded and she came over to look at your arm.

"Are you telling me the complete truth Ms. Kim?" You nodded once again, but slowly. You flinched every time she poked it. You watched her as she took your wrist and started to twist it.

"Does that hurt?" She asked. You nodded and started to tear up. Jonghyun looked at you worried, putting an arm around you, side hugging you.

"It could just be a bruise, but I can check it out here if you want," the nurse said pointing to the x-ray. You shook your head and smiled lightly.

"It's alright. I'll be fine... Just.. Give me some ice and a bandage please," you said calmly. Jonghyun just chuckled.

"You should really get it checked out," he said softly. You shook your head in reply and the nurse got up and gave you a wrap.

"Can you help me wrap my arm, Jonghyun?" You asked holding up the wrap. He nodded and sighed.

"Why are you stubborn?" He lightly took your arm, starting to wrap it around the problem area. You shrugged and just watched as the wrap wound around your arm.

"Thank you," you said quietly when the nurse came back with the ice. You placed it on top of the wrap.

"Do you kids need a pass?" She asked. I looked at Jonghyun and nodded.

"What classes?"

"English!" You both said at the same time. She nodded and wrote the pass for you two.

"Take care of her now," she said, directing it towards Jonghyun. You both blushed and walked out of the office and hurried to English. You were holding the ice to your arm and sighed.

"My arm is going to be freezing by the end of the day!" You complained quietly.

"I'll keep you warm~" Jonghyun sang as he patted your head. You blushed and looked at him.

"Uh, no." He frowned and looked straight ahead. You guys arrived at the English room and entered, bowing.

"Mianhae Mr. Smith!" You both said handing him the note. He looked at you both and waved you off to sit in your seats. The class watched as you sat down on the opposite sides of the room, boys watching Jonghyun, envying him, and the girls watching you, thinking how someone so quiet could be with someone like Jonghyun. Mr. Smith cleared his throat and everyone looked in his direction.

"Now everyone," he said pointing to the board, talking about the grammar homework last night. You sighed and looked down at your back pack, opening it and pulling out your note book and grammar book. You completely tuned out the whispers and Mr. Smith and just stared to draw with your non dominant hand since writing with your right hand hurts.

"Why did you have to bruise my right arm..." You said quietly to yourself. Thank god you were ambidextrous, although your hand writing was more legible and nicer with your right hand. As class continued, other students caught your attention and then a note was put on your desk, signed Ai.

"What happened to your arm? Are you alright? Do I need to tell mom and dad?" Was what it said, you wrote back quickly and dropped it on the floor, sliding it over to her.

"I just caught my backpack on my locker door and slammed it on my arm. I'm fine, you don't need to tell them," was what was written on the note. She smiled over to you and then paid attention to the front of the room. Although she knew this, she still paid attention to what was being taught. Suddenly the bell rang and you looked up and checked to see if Mr. Smith had more announcements.

"Don't forget, school meeting in the gym!" He said in Korean. You packed up your stuff slowly and waited until everyone was gone to get up.

"Do you need help?" Jonghyun asked from behind you. You shook your head.

"Ani, I don't need rumors to be spread about us," You coldly said, walking out of the room towards the gym, leaving Jonghyun dumbfounded.


Annyeonggggg~ How are you? I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I don't think it's very long....

Sorry! I'll update soon~ <3