Bonus Chapter: Happy Endings and Better Beginnings

Bookstore for the Soul

Ailee was walking down the streets of Seoul. A small bookstore caught her eyes. It was in English when everything else was in Korean. To her surprise, she didn't even know what the word, Effulgence meant. So Ailee headed inside as her curiosity got the better of her.

"Hello! Welcome to the Bookstore of Effulgence! I hope you find what you're looking for!" a petite girl said from the counter. Ailee nodded, acknowledging her presence. She strolled down a few of the shelves looking for an English novel of some sort. But she couldn't find any, so she headed towards to the front desk.

"Excuse me, but do you have any books in English?" Ailee asked to her.

"Yes we do! Right this way!" She guided her to an isle that she must have skipped through earlier.

"Is this what your looking for?" The girl asked to Ailee.

"Yes, it's exactly it! Thank you very much!" Ailee said to the girl. The girl bowed to Ailee and walked back to the front desk. After skimming around for a while, she found an interesting title. The book was about the fairytales the Grimm brothers wrote. The book was called The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman.

Fairytales... Ailee really needed this right now. All fairytales had happy endings and she really needed this right now. She headed to the cashiers and went to check it out.

"Is that all?" The girl from before asked.

"Yeah..." Ailee asked crestfallen.

"Is anything wrong?" the girl asked, noticing the sadder tone in the singer's voice.

"Yeah... I'm really worried about my friends and family back in the states. I used to live in New Jersy." She explained.

"Well, after a storm like hurricane Sandy, the only way they can go now is up. Once you have time to visit them, they'll show you a better them." the girl said while checking out the book for purchase. Ailee chuckled a little, she had made a pun onm her latest song, I will show you.

"Here's your purchase! Have a nice day!"

"Thank you. For both the mini pep talk and the book. I'll be sure to read this in my free time." Ailee said as she showed the girl a sincere smile. She took the book and left. Once outside, she read some of the text on the back of the book.

Quietly, she read it to herself,"What if fairy-tale magic really existed?". She thought it would be wonderful if it did. But she decided to shake the negative thoughts out of her head and walk back to her dorm.

--

Okay, before any of you yell at me, I wrote this in my notebook during my free time at school when I didn't have access to any type of computer.

I have a lot of free time in my computer class because I'm such a good student! So I'm typing up the majority of it there :o

I actually own the book The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman.

It's seriously a good book! :D

And it has a super pretty cover! *_*

...Now that I think about it, I wrote a lot of it during my Algebra II class o_o

I really hate it ._.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this bonus chapter that I wrote on a whim.

I actually had half of it written, hoping it save Ailee for a later, longer arc.

But with the recent situation, I felt that her character was perfect for it.

Subscribe and comment! :D

((I'll continue TeukSo!))

Hey guys ^_^ Sorry this is sort of late. It's kind of funny that you chose this book because it's actually really high on my want-to-read list. I love Grimm's Fairytales, I think the story of Rumpelstiltskin is my favorite. 

Have you guys been voting for the MAMA (Mnet Asian Music Awards)? Who have you been voting for? Here's a link if you haven't link. Who do you think should win the rookie award?