Star in the making

Rainbow

I was very tired today and I could hardly stand up straight. I sipped from my coffee cup and noticed that Moon Gi had looked a little upset lately. I did not say anything about it, because I know how it feels when people try to help you when you do not want them to. You just want to be alone. I guess that was why I turned into such a harsh person, because I do not want people to see my feelings. Also, because I became like this, I did not know anymore how to cheer people up. We sat in the car, on our way to the dorm. Gi Mei had her eyes closed and was listening to music. Fay Linn was texting, I guessed it was her boyfriend. I suddenly thought of Yoseob and bit my lip. I should not be thinking about this boy at all.

While we were practicing our vocals with our trainer, a girl entered the room. “Ya! Yun Hee-ah, your phone kept ringing and ringing, and at first we decided to ignore it, but the person kept calling. It is your brother,” she said and handed over the phone. What did this person think of picking up my phone? I did not bother that much because I started to worry about my brother. “Yeobeoseyo?” my voice was shaky and hesitant. Yun Hee, control yourself. “Ah, Yun Hee, I did not want to tell you before but…” “Jae Sun, what is it?” my eyes widened. I started to panic. Did something happen to our parents? Did something happen to him? My brother’s voice finally succeeded to calm me down. I tried not to cry. I missed his voice. Since I became a trainee I hardly saw any of my friends anymore, or my family at all. “I am going to live abroad.” It stayed quiet for a while. “Where are you going to live?” I asked. I could not believe it. “In America. It’s just for one year.. I will promote in my job once I return.” A year. It was already really hard for me not seeing my family every week, but away, separated by a huge ocean, for one whole year, I did not know how I would react to this. “I…” I started but I stopped talking before I started to cry now. “Do our parents know?” “Nae, I told them first.” “Omo, a year?” I said, but realised I should cheer on him, not to make him feel burdensome. “It’s daebak! It’s a great opportunity for you!” “You think it’s a good idea?” I heard my brother’s relief. “Nae, I wish you the best! I can’t talk for long so..” “Saranghaeyo, Yun Hee.” “Saranghaeyo,” I said and closed my eyes. I felt a tear rolling down my cheek. I quickly swept it off with the sleeve of my sweater, before anyone could see it. Jae Sun hung up. Jung Mi came to me. “Yun Hee-ah, are you okay?” She put her hand on my shoulder. “I am fine,” I nodded and shook the sadness off my mind. “I am alright.” 

We were on our way back to our dorm when Gi Mei spoke up. “Ah, I know some of us are not feeling really well, so I suggest we go watch a movie together?” Fay Linn was jumping up and down in the car and enthusiastically nodded her head. “Nae! Sounds daebak eonni! What movie are we going to watch?” She talked on for a bit, discussing what movie we should watch. I smiled. Maybe it was good to set our minds to something else. I knew that all of us were under stress, and Moon Gi was not happy now, and neither was I. 

When we stepped out of the car, I saw a dark figure sitting on our doorstep. My eyes widened. Who was this stranger? He stood up and as I came closer I recognized Yoseob. “Eonni, who is that,” Fay Linn whispered in my ear. I did not answer. Yoseob was smiling, but when he saw my face, he started to look worried. “Yun Hee-ah, what happened? You look so sad..” “Her brother is moving to America,” Fay Linn said. “Yah! Fay Linn, behave yourself!” Gi Mei hissed and poked her softly. Fay Linn turned red. “Omo, omo, I am so sorry… M..mianhe~!” Fay Linn could not stop apologizing, I started to grin, even though I felt incredibly miserable. “It’s okay dongsaeng, don’t worry about it.” I turned back to Yoseob. “How did you know I lived here?” “That wasn’t that hard to find out, to be honest,” Yoseob was not answering my question. “Anyways, it seems like more of a reason to go out with me.” He smirked. “Ya!? What are you saying?” I stuttered. “Would you like to go out with me?” he asked. I heard the girls giggling but I did not look at them. “Uh..” I began. “For heaven’s sake, Yun Hee-ah! Please, I beg of you, go out with this boy. It might cheer you up!” Jung Mi said with a pleased face. I opened my mouth to say anything but Yoseob did not even give me the chance to speak. He grabbed my hand and laughed. “Let’s go, pink haired girl!” “Have fun, Yun Hee.” Jung Mi said and hugged me before we left.

Yoseob took me to a takeout and we grabbed a meal to eat it in the park. It was very quiet and you could see some stars in the sky. We sat down on a bench while eating our takeout. I was smiling. Yoseob was telling me a silly story, but I was smiling already because of his face. His sparkling eyes looked at me now and then, and when he noticed I was staring at him, he looked up into the sky and I could notice a smile. “Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there was one star that was not given a name yet? One star that would be yours only?” He asked. “Yes, but I would never be able to find such one.” “I would give it to you,” Yoseob smiled. “Everytime you look at it you will be reminded of my gift and smile.” “Would you really give that to me?” I said in surprise, blushing slightly. “Nae.. I would give a cute shiny star to a cute pink haired girl who is becoming a star herself.”



(Lisanne)