The Truth

Half-Blooded Love

2 – The truth

You are getting ready for the senior prom. Oh, its just a moment, beautiful moment. You can’t expect more in your life since Chanyeol had asked you to be his date. You just agreed upon his ‘last’ request. Big question is, why would he mention last?

“___, are you ready? Kris and I will be there in 5 minutes.”

“Yeah. I’m ready. We’ll be waiting.”

The line ends. You wait for Chanyeol to pick you up, and Kris will be picking up Jane, obviously. You wear the most beautiful dress that you could ever imagine, the gown itself more beautiful than your wedding dress as what you imagine. Pearl white mini dress, with few laces at the neck. But thanks to Chanyeol, for giving the dress as a present.

Chanyeol always being nice to you, and he even treats you different than other girls than he know. You just like Chanyeol as the way he is. You want him to be more than just your friend, but just can’t expect that for now.

*DING-DING*

“Let’s go ___! They’re here.”

“Let’s go? We will never want to be late at the ball later.”

All four of you, arrive at the ball right on time. The hall seems so dark. You couldn’t see anything, but Chanyeol hold your hand and drag you to the centre of the hall. The spotlight light both of you as you guys begin to dance.

“Chanyeol-ah, let’s just go somewhere.”

“Why ___? I kinda like the spotlight.”

“I don’t really attention. Peoples are looking. Please, go to the corner?”

“Okay, if you said so.”

Both of you went to the corner lie as you wish. Chanyeol just follow where ever you wanna go. He seems to like you more than just a friend.

”___, actually, I have something to tell you.”

“Yes, what is Chanyeol?”

“But I can’t tell you here. Let’s go to the roof, and talk in private.”

You nod. And follow him to the roof. Chanyeol takes your hand and reveal what his hidden words.

“___, we’ve been together for almost 4 months now. We share literally almost all our secrets to each other. We even share our happiness and sadness together. I’m glad to meet a person like you. It’s really comforting me to talk to you almost with anything and I don’t feel ashamed about it.

You look confuse while listening to Chanyeol. And Chanyeol kneel on the floor.

“___, would take my heart and be my partner for my life? And I promise on this very night, I’ll take the responsibilities to care you and loves you.”

Tears start to fall from your eyes. Chanyeol just waiting for you to speak to his request.

“YES, YES YES! I would take your heart and love you for the rest of my life.”

Chanyeol cup you face with his cold hands and wipe away your tears with his thumbs.

“Jagiya, don’t cry.”

“I’m crying of happiness.”

Both of you hug and kiss under the moonlight. He passionately kisses your lips and he doesn’t want to let you go. You put both your arms at his neck and hold him tight. Finally, he breaks the kiss.

“And, that’s not the only thing I want to talk about.”

“What is it Chanyeol?”

“I have a secret that I swear with my life that I will never tell anybody about it. But now you’re part of my life, it looks like I have to tell you.”

“Tell me. What is it?”

Chanyeol takes his time to tell you his secret. He feels like his heart is stabbing with a sharpest knife. He couldn’t see you falling tears again about this. Your heart seems pounding and beating damn fast. It feels like almost burst from the inside.

“___, I’m a . . . a. . . a vamp. . . a vampire.”

Your mind is completely blank from his stutter words. You feel like everything that he said is nonsense. You just hope Chanyeol take back his words and said that it’s just a joke. Well, he looks serious. Am I having a long dream?

“It’s just a joke, right Chanyeol?”

And suddenly you heard a husky, deep voice from you back.

“No, it’s not a joke. It is real.”

Your jaw drop. You feel like you wanna hit your head a thousand times on the wall, to make sure that you’re not misheard of it. Your face turns pale until. . .