Nice To Meet You Too!

Half-Blooded Love

“Hey you heard the news?” ask Jane.

“Hmm?” you ask back.

“Hey you’re too much spending your time at the library.”

You just keep your self in silence.

“What I’ve meant is, did you notice that since the two brothers move to our school, a lot of mysteries are going on. Did you notice that? There is something fishy about them. Don’t you think?”

 “Yeah. I’ve heard about them. There’s one mystery that I’ve been thinking of.”

Jane interferes.

“What? You’ve been attacked too?!”

“Yes! By, you! Stop telling this ‘rumours’ about them. I feel annoying with this. Just leave them alone with their mysterious world. They’re just human just like us, aren’t they?

“I bet they are, humans. I don’t wanna disturbs you. See you during supper later.”

You nod. Your head spinning from thinking what does Jane means by ‘attacked’. What, they’re young members of FBI, CIA? Or they’re one of the popular trainees that will debut? Whoever they are, its kinda suspicious to me. Who are they?

You’re searching some books to borrow for the upcoming exam. Well, you’ve been always prepare since it’s your natural attitude. Your searching stops when you hear somebody talk about the new transferred students.

“The new transferred students are super hot.”

“I noticed. Oh, I’ve heard that they hardly could be seen around the school compound during the days nor night.”

You just grab a book without noticing that you’re holding it upside down. You’re a big fan to architecture not history, but then you’re holding a history book.

“I do pity them, of the rumours.”

“I know. It’s strange, but it’s cool. I bet they have some kind of superpowers!”

You try to hold your laugh upon their conversation, but you can’t. They realise that you’re listening to them. They walk away to another corner of the library. You regret of accidental laugh.

Suddenly you heard a guy asks you. You turn your face to right. You just saw a beautiful person with a flawless eyes and charming smile. You just feel like looking to an angel.

“Umm, excuse me. I don’t want to bother you, but do you really read book upside down?”

You just happen to be awake from a dream and look down to the book that you hold. You shock in embarrassment. You refuse to look at the guy since your face has turns red.

“Oh. Sometimes, I read books upside down.”

You smile with an awkward feeling. You just feel so stupid not to look at the book in the first place when you take it.

“Umm  ... I …”

You quickly neglect.

“I should go somewhere. Urgent. Bye.”

You put back the book at the shelf, take your stuff and leave in embarrassment. You think back, you should give a better reason to leave, instead of saying ‘urgent’. You speed up your walking speed to the garden until you didn’t realise that the ‘person’ you just met is following you from the back.

“Hey! Wait up! Not so fast.”

You look back. You feel like you’ve been seen this guy before.

“Do you remember me?”

You just look confuse.

“We met at the library just now?”

“Yes. Just tell anyone else that I’m reading books in upside down, it’s quite embarrassing.”

“Yeah, sure. By the way, I’m Chanyeol. I’m a new student, just transferred here 2 weeks ago.”

“I’m ___, ___ Park.”

Both of you sit under the shady tree and talking while meeting each others eyes. Both of you didn’t realise that everybody are looking at both of you even Jane also looking at you guys.

“So tell me about yourself. What you do until the day you’ve been transferred here.”

“My mom is Korean and my dad is American. I was born here and raised in America. I have a twin brother. He also transferred himself here and . . .”

You interfere.

“How did he transferred himself here?”

“Let me finish the story.”

“Sorry. Continue then.”

“He suppose to attend a foreign school, but he made up decision to be as same school with me. And that’s my story. How about you?”

“Lucky. Me? I’m the only child. My dad is Korean my mum is French. I was born and raised here. I have a best friend name Jane. And I never transfer to any other schools before.”

“It’s a one great experience to transfer to other schools but you’ll miss you friends.”

Both of you just keep on continue converse until . . .

“Chanyeol! I’ve been looking for you everywhere. Where have you been?”

Both of you turn to the voice came from.

“I was at the library. Look I met a new friend.”

You smiled.

“___, this is my brother, Kris. Kris, this is my friend, ___.”

“Nice to meet you, ___. Chanyeol, I’ve the books you’ve ask.”

You look at your watch. Its nearly to supper. You have to go back to your room and settle some stuff.

“Chanyeol, Kris I’ve to go back to my room. Its almost supper. Didn’t you two realise?”

Both of them nod awkwardly and confuse.

“You seem still doesn’t understand about the school, is it?”

Both them speechless.

“Meet me here, tomorrow at 9.30am. I’ll tell you about the school, okay?”

“Yeah. See you.”

You walk back to your dorm feeling excited than usual, your heartbeat beats faster and you feel nervous. What just happen to you? Meeting two boys like angels that certainly need help, probably the only problem that you’re facing right now.

“I saw you at the park just now.”

“Really? Why you didn’t join me?”

Jane seems afraid to reply back. She whispers.

“I do, I really do want to join you guys. But they’re the two brothers, which I’ve said earlier. The two mysterious brothers.”

You seem speechless.

“But hey, they seem nice. There’s nothing to be afraid of. They didn’t bite or eat people!”

“Just be careful if you see them again.”

You nod.

“You wanna go for supper?”

“No thanks. I just stay. I have study to do.”

“Very well. There’s some bread in the cupboard, in case you’re hungry. Take care.”

“You too Jane.”

You lie on your bed and think all over again of what Jane said. You begin to feel wrong for being Chanyeol and Kris’ friend. But they seem nice, not even a suspicious thing you saw at them. You feel that its just bad rumours about the brothers. Maybe it’s just a coincidence? Maybe the boys are jealous of them? Maybe, who knows! You talk to yourself as slowly close your eyes and feel asleep.

*****

*BEEP-BEEP-BEEP*

“Jane! Turn off your alarm!”

Nobody response. You begin slowly to open your eyes and get off from the bed.

“OMG! I’m late!”

You realised it’s almost 10am and you remembered that you suppose to met the brothers at the park today. You hit the alarm clock and grab your towel to take a quick morning shower. You begin to talk to yourself again.

‘Where’s Jane?!’

You think over and over again, where she could have been doing every Saturday.

‘Oh, her swimming training is today. No wonder she didn’t response.’

Your stomach reminds you have to take your breakfast. You quickly go to Jane’s cupboard to take the bread that Jane had mentioned yesterday. You take a bite and run out from the room to the park.

“Where are they?”

Chanyeol is already at the park. He sees you. He walks slowly to surprises you. He covers your eyes from the back.

“Guess who!”

“I wonder who this is. Chanyeol, it’s you right?”

He let his hand off.

“You’re a good guesser.”

You giggle and look at him.

“Wait, where’s Kris?”

“Oh, he’s a bit unwell, resting in the room. But, don’t worry, his fine. “

You just smile. So, you bring Chanyeol around the school. Shows him the in and out of the school, where’s the assembly hall, the gym, and the gathering area. He focuses carefully to what you’ve said. Deep down in your heart, you feel that Chanyeol’s different from other boys that you’ve known.

“Thank you for the ‘VIP tour’.”

“Naah, I don’t mind either. So know you know and understand well the school directions?”

“I will.”

Both of you giggle.

“Hey ___, can I have your number? Just for in case if I’m lost around the school area and I need your help.”

“Yeah, sure why not. Just call, if need my help with anything.”

You attract to his flawless eyes and beautiful smile and you just can’t look away from looking at it. He smiles when you look in his eyes. You just hope that he eventually will call you for help.

*****

“Have you heard last night news?” Jane asks directly as you comes out from bath.

“No. Why? What did happen last night?”

“I didn’t know what really happen last night, but I heard that 2 of the students found dead last night.”

“Suicide, maybe? Depression majorly happens to students.”

“No! These are different cases. They didn’t suicide, they were killed, tragically. The two dead bodies were found at the library hallway and the park. Both of them have the same incident mark. They have bitten marks at their necks. It’s quite scary you know.”

“That’s too bad. Bitten marks?”

“Yes, it resembles vampire bites. Wait, weren’t you at the library last night?”

“Vampires don’t exist. It’s just myth. Yes. I was studying biology.”

“You didn’t saw anything or heard any weird sounds?”

“No. but . . .”

Jane interjects.

“What?! What happened?”

“I felt weird at the library. I felt something is staring at me. But when I look, there’s nothing. My goosebumps tingling, so I went out from the library. As I was in front of the library, there’s something that really fast just ‘swoosh’ like running as speed of lightning bolt in front of me. The thing made strong wind blew all of sudden as it ran in front of me.”

“Whoa! That’s pretty scary. No wonder you went back early yesterday.”

“It’s too scary for me.”

“The whole school keep talking about this. And they just suspected the two brothers did it, including your Chanyeol.”

“It just rumours, so don’t believe it 100%. But, wait! If you said they’re vampires, why are they active in sports and play under the sun just like us? Went to church every Sunday? As I read about vampire, they can’t do that or even near to that stuff, quite dangerous for them.”

Jane freezes. She keeps thinking about the ‘Myth and Unrated’ facts on vampire.

“Yeah, I’ve been curious about that too.”

Both of you just stop the conversation in confusion. Both of you keep thinking this thing until you are in the class and couldn’t concentrate to what your teacher ‘lecture’. Nevertheless, you keep on holding to yourself that Chanyeol and Kris is not ‘the Vampire’ as what they observe and said. But for Jane, it’s different. She couldn’t pick and choose which tells the true story among all.