Somewhere Only We Know

Alternate Reality {A House of One Shots}

 

 

Somewhere Only We Know

Pairing: GBOM

Genre: fluff, fairytale

Disclaimer: Nope, I do not own any of YG Ent. or Barrie's work. I only have my laptop and a crazy mind!

 

Once upon a time, in a little village near Seoul housed a girl named Jenny. She had long brown hair that flowed right beyond her shoulders, honey brown eyes, cute pouty lips and her skin as pale as the moon. She was a bright girl, always ahead of her time and can be quite intimidating because of her lavish clothes. Jenny, in her tender age of twelve, wanted to grow up fast. Three more months and little Jenny shall be entering a new chapter in her life—as a young lady. Well, everybody grows up anyway, Jenny would always say to herself.

 

And yes, all children grow up… but except for one. His name was Jiyong.

 

It was Christmas Eve and Jenny couldn’t sleep. She kept tumbling between the sheets wondering how long it would take before they can open their gifts the next morning. She scans the ceiling that was filled with glow in the dark stick-ons as she gave a quick peek over at her alarm clock. Eleven past eleven o’clock. Having led to believe that such time would make your wishes come true, she shut her eyes tightly and prayed,

 

“I want this Christmas to be memorable!”

 

Smiling to herself and pleased to have made a wish at exactly the ‘mystical’ time, she tucked herself and faced the wall to proceed with her sleep only to blink more than once when she noticed the window to her room was open. Jenny frowned remembering that her window has always been kept shut especially during the cold winter season. Without second thoughts, her dainty feet lands on the cold hardwood floor as she walked towards her window pane. A quick gush of the Christmas wind creeps through the thin fabric of her night dress and she shivers slightly before she gestures to close her window.

 

“Hello.”

 

Jenny gasps, an intruder has jumped inside her room. She was terrified, but as she turned to look at her intruder, her eyes sparked interest. Why was there a trail of glitter? Quickly backing away and holding a hand against her thumping chest, she questions,

 

“Who are you? What are you doing here?”

 

Eventually, the person hiding beneath the shadow showed himself. A boy.

A boy with handsome features and weird looking clothes that consisted of a tall black hat and a red button down bowed himself gracefully and smiled.

 

“Good evening, Jenny. My name is Jiyong.”

 

“How did you know my name?” She asked suspiciously, her brows furrowing and knitting together. The boy had peculiar hair in shades of periwinkle and pink whilst his alabaster skin glowing against the faint light of the full moon.  And his smile, his smile surely adds up to his eccentric boyish charm.

 

“It’s written on your drawer.” The boy blurted nonchalantly, pointing towards the huge white drawer by the corner of the room where the big, bold letters of J E N N Y was spelled out. He laughs and Jenny instantly finds his innocent laughter rather hypnotizing.

 

“Why are you here?” Jenny walks a few steps towards the person in question, her bare feet padding against the coldness of the hardwood flooring.

 

“I heard your wish. I’m here to turn it into reality. Here, take my hand.” Jenny studies his palm, it seemed like it was glittering with… gold dust?

 

“Where are we going?” Again she frowns. It was almost midnight and her parents might come looking for her in the morning if she plans to come with him wherever he offers. Besides, he was still a stranger despite his introduction.

 

“It’s a secret.” Jiyong gives her a wink. She blinks twice. “Somewhere you and I will only know. Are you ready?” He insists on lending his hand, stretching it out for her to take. Jenny stares one last time, her gaze travelling from his palm to his face.

 

“How do we get there?” If I tell her how then she might freak out, Jiyong thought.

 

“Just close your eyes and think happy thoughts.”

 

Being enthralled with the boys charming looks, she stretched out a warm smile and held his dainty hand tighter. Closing her eyes, she began to think about her pile of Christmas gifts. She then felt herself being pulled by Jiyong and when she opened her eyes, she almost shrieked.

 

“We’re flying!”

 

Jiyong couldn’t help but show his boyish grin. They were up in the air, along with the glimmering stars and the clouds. The moon looked bigger at this distance and Jenny kept a firm hold over him, afraid that she might fall down any moment. Gliding through the thick clouds that night, little Jenny found herself landing on a ground in the middle of the sea of clouds, the land filled with ferns and blue roses. Magical sparks were everywhere along with golden butterflies that made this floating paradise an exquisite sight. The trees had thick barks and humungous roots showing while their branches bent close to the earth with bountiful swaying leaves. Jenny was rendered speechless. This place felt so enchanted.

 

Jenny walked behind Jiyong, admiring the wholeness of the new place. There were wind mills and shooting stars everywhere she looked and almost dropped her jaw when she found a unicorn resting by a sparkling lake. She must be dreaming. Despite the excitement and astonishment, the young Jenny can’t seem to stop herself from fidgeting. What if her parents see her bed empty?

 

“There is no such thing as time in this place.” Jiyong mutters as if reading her mind. He leads her to a tree house nearby which happens to be his humble abode. Jenny marvels the beauty of his home, there were vines crawling by one side of the wall and the whole area was illuminated with flickering candles afloat.

 

Their short moment of acquainting one another was cut short when they heard music playing from a distance. Jiyong takes her hand and they run towards the direction of the sound. There in the middle of the enchanted forest they found pretty little fairies dancing and immersed into merrymaking by the bonfire. Jiyong tugs on Jenny’s wrist, pulling her into the circle for a dance only for her to pull away and resist with her cheeks burning to a slight tinge of pink.

 

“I don’t dance.” She utters shyly, looking down on her bare feet. She hears the magical boy break into fits of giggles, that familiar smile stretching across his beautiful face.

 

“Trust me, Jenny.” He says and what is there to refuse when the boy who never grew old flashes his priceless smile? And so under spotlight of the moon and the sun, danced Jiyong and his new found friend-- holding hands.

 

Life was pleasant and oddly magical. Jenny and Jiyong explored the vast expanse of the mystical island beneath the clouds and watched the sun and the moon shine before them as they lay side by side in a field of grass tickling underneath them.  This went on for numerous days, nobody could even tell how long. Jenny enjoyed her time in this magical place yet she felt a pang of longing somewhere within her heart when she thought about home. With a deep sigh, she dismisses the thought and faces him. Jenny wondered what the odd fleeting feeling was with what seems to be thousands of butterflies flying inside of her. It was rather unfamiliar yet seemingly pleasant. Little did she realize that she was inching towards him. Out of nowhere, Jenny leans closer and seals the gap between them with a kiss.

 

“Why did you kiss me?” The boy shoots up in utter surprise, his long fingers brushing past the flesh of his scarlet lips. He felt a tingling sensation lingering on his lips, a feeling he surely never encountered before.

 

“I don’t know, I just felt it on impulse. I-I think I like you, Jiyong. Why are you blushing?” And in the tender age 12, Jenny felt something new and confusing. Ah, the joy of puppy love.

 

“N-nobody has ever kissed me. I didn’t know it was possible.” Of course. The young boy never knew anything about butterflies in the stomach, hugs and kisses. He was only a boy. He was confused and somewhat forlorn. “Why do you have to ruin everything? We were having fun, aren’t we? ”

 

“But there is more to life that this… There are things like… love.” Jenny looked at him with dreamy eyes which Jiyong took as an odd expression. Love? Is that even edible? He looked way past her and into the sea of clouds.

 

“This is everything to me, Jenny.” A moment of silence clouded them and when Jenny finds her voice she speaks,

 

“Things change eventually when we grow up, Jiyong. They say love is a beautiful thing to experience.”

 

“But I don’t want to grow up.” Jiyong crosses his arms and frowns just like the stubborn boy that he is.

 

“Even with me?” Is that how love is supposed to be? Choices? The young boy thought hard. What was the concept behind this thing called ‘love’ and why does her Jenny look forward into such? Wasn’t she happy with this place that he showed her? Wasn’t she willing to stay here with him and play forever?

 

“I’m sorry, Jiyong but I must grow up. I can’t stay here forvever.”

 

“But then that means we won’t see each other anymore… Fine. Go home. Go home and grow up and take your feelings along with you.” Jiyong, having to go through a confusing ordeal, blurted out without much thought.

 

“Well... I guess it's about time I go back too. Is this goodbye?” Jenny looks down, tears threatening to fall down from the corner of her eyes.

 

“No, because I won’t forget you.” The boy was being honest, yet stull utterly confused by Jenny’s rash actions. Jiyong advances and gathers her to a tight embrace, an embrace that could last forever if he chose not to let go. Jenny steps back, breaking the contact whilst quickly turning away from him and towards the cliff. A lone tear escapes her misty brown eyes and she shuts it firmly to halt anymore tears to flow. Think happy thoughts. Funny because all she had were thoughts of him.

 

Is this where it all ends? A fairy tale with no happy ending? How ridiculous. And now she has to go back home, back to her bed and pretend nothing of this has ever transpired. Jiyong blows a gust of pixie dust towards her aiding Jenny to float in the air.

 

“And Jenny! Don’t close your windows!” He calls out from a short distance.

 

“I promise.”

 

And with the help of pixie dust and happy thoughts, Jenny went afloat and left, not even looking back. And for the first time in the history of this mystical island beneath the clouds, the boy who prided himself with a bounty of happy thoughts cried.

 

And so in the world that Jenny truly belonged, she did as she was told. She kept her window open at night, even despite the chilling wind or the frosty air brought about by the snow during winter. The window kept ajar through the years. It was a promise she had to keep. So every night the girl named Jenny kept waiting by her window pane, hoping that a glimmer of pixie dust would come wafting through the night air. Months then years passed, he never came. Maybe Jiyong found another Jenny. But then Jenny always remembered a boy who never wanted to grow up named Jiyong.

 


 

 

 

“The end.” Bom smiled sweetly towards the pool of children listening intently to her tale, some yawning and almost reaching a lethargic state.

 

“That’s not even a good ending! But Auntie Bom, how will you know if he’s around?” Little Joon queried with wide eyes. The rest of the children felt exhausted and sleepy but the young Park wouldn’t allow himself to sleep before he gets his answers. He found her aunt’s story quite fishy.

 

“They say you will hear a sound of tiny bells following him and the blow of wind surprisingly smelling like… pixie dust.”

 

“How come you know all this? Did you memorize this from a book? And why do you keep your window open too?”

 

“Because I like it what way. Now you kids go run along to your bedroom and head to sleep. It’s way, way past your bedtime, you don’t want to miss Christmas breakfast with your parents tomorrow, would you?”

 

Glancing at the wall clock it read ten past eleven. Shaking her head, she felt the urge to close her window tonight. Bom shuddered feeling the cold air brush through her skin as she held the windows to finally close them. It’s probably about time. She sauntered through her room and sat on the edge of her bed when she heard the door bell ring twice. Bom frowned. It’s late, who could it be? A relative from a distant province perhaps? Wrapping her silk robe around her waist, she carefully crept down the staircase and lingered on the door knob with her heart pounding. As she pulled the door open, she went ballistic.

 

The person standing in front of her was a man. A full grown man with familiar features. Such features she can easily recognize…

He still wore that same devil may care attitude, his signature boyish grin, his peculiar hair yet sans the funny outfit. She can’t believe her own eyes. Just a few moments ago she was rekindling her past with eager kids thinking it was just part of a silly fairy tale. She rubbed it twice, thinking she was having another episode of her silly imagination but as she looked up to the figure before her, the man stretched out a cocky smile. It looked way too familiar. This must be a dream.

 

“I came back, didn’t I?”

 

Jiyong? She thought with agape. But what took him so long? It’s been years. Fifteen years to be exact. True to each word, it has been years ever since she last saw Jiyong, the boy who flies. He never visited her. She could have forgotten about him. Growing up was inevitable for her. She would have married off and left. But then she didn’t. Perhaps there was a force stronger than time that kept the little Jenny from leaving Jiyong behind along with her toys and children’s books.

 

“Jiyong? But why the door? W-what happened to the window? I thought you could fly?” Bom could only ask such despite the erratic beating of her heart. This was Jiyong? The boy who never wanted to grow old? And with that familiar smirk he answers,

 

 

“Well, I can’t anymore.”

 

 

“You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?

That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.” 
― Peter Pan,
 JM Barrie 

 

 

A/N

Two words: Peter Pan. 

The title was derived from the song by Keane, Somewhere Only We Know.

Oh gosh, I never really expected myself getting into fairytale types of fics but  it was just so damn tempting! I just found myself typing this 'til 1am last night.

The 'Neverland' here was inspired from GD's Butterfly MV, I just tweaked the color of his hair to the present one (Go ahead, watch it.) I originally wanted to write about a Casper - inspired fic (the movie) but then I couldn't bring myself to watch it. 

Yes, young Jenny was Bom herself in this story.

Did you like how it ended? I dunno, I did. LOL

I'd love to read your reviews. It makes me happy and alive~~ 

*throws pixie dust*