Just to make you happy

Reasons why Daehyun is odd

 

Daehyun couldn’t understand why he always played along with Youngjae’s little games.

He couldn’t understand why he continued to move his head to the side in time with Youngjae’s finger as the other filmed him. He knew he looked ridiculous, like an absolute dork, but even with that thought, he still continued to play along with Youngjae until the other got bored and left to go do something else. 

He couldn’t understand why he felt sad that Youngjae left to go play with Junhong, or why he was suddenly up on his feet, intent on following the younger vocalist until one of the coordi noonas called him to get his makeup touched up.

He couldn’t even begin to fathom why he suddenly felt like the room had gotten 100 times brighter when he noticed Youngjae standing behind him, smiling down at him while playing lightly with his hair. Or why he played along with Youngjae when the brunette noticed a camera pointed at them, making different faces as the younger male moved his hands in front of his face before moving them away a second later. 

Daehyun definitely didn’t understand why a few minutes later, after the coordi noona was done with his makeup, he was pretending that a banana was a microphone; attempting to regain Youngjae’s attention after he left to go play with the maknaes. He thanked whatever higher being was up there that the cameras weren’t filming him give Youngjae a mock-interview, sparring him from having whatever little dignity he had left from being shattered. 

Maybe he played along with all of Youngjae’s games because he knew the other would throw a hissy fit later on if he didn’t. 

Maybe he did it because he secretly liked it when Youngjae payed attention to him, and felt like kicking a wall every time his attention was directed towards someone else. 

Maybe it was because every time Daehyun played along with him, Youngjae smiled as if he was the happiest person in the world before hugging Daehyun as soon as the camera turned away from them. 

Maybe it was because Daehyun liked making Youngjae happy. He liked being the reason Youngjae would start giggling and laughing, a sound Daehyun had grown far too fond of. He liked humoring the younger male, even if it cost him his chic and suave image. 

Whatever the reason was, all Daehyun knew was that when Youngjae started walking up to him, a camera in his hand and that small devious smile Youngjae always had before he made Daehyun do something ridiculous, he was going to follow whatever game Youngjae had in store this time. 

Because making Youngjae happy was definitely worth a few hundred gifs of him doing something silly.