Drool

Reasons why Daehyun is odd

 

Daehyun knew he should have been disgusted, that he shouldn’t have been practically cooing over the sleeping Youngjae, but when it came to matters involving the dark-haired boy, Daehyun’s thought process wasn’t exactly normal.

Daehyun smiled to himself, his eyes becoming crescents as he continued to run his hand through Youngjae’s hair, the younger male sleeping peacefully on his lap.The sound of the movie being played on the TV was drowned out by Youngjae’s loud snoring filling the room. Daehyun studied Youngjae’s face, taking in the messy hair, slightly flushed cheeks, and parted lips, a bit of drool coming out of the corner of his mouth and landing on his thigh. 

Daehyun didn’t understand exactly why he found Youngjae drooling adorable, or why he didn’t recoil in disgust the second he felt the warm liquid seeping onto his leg. In fact, he actually found the action endearing in a way. Maybe it was the fact that the action reminded Daehyun of a sleeping baby, or maybe it was because it made Youngjae seem so much more vulnerable and human. Daehyun was used to seeing Youngjae act composed and professional when speaking on stage, so seeing him so open, so ungraceful for once, made him feel oddly happy. 

“Cute…” Daehyun brushed a few strands of hair away from Youngjae’s face, giggling when Youngjae wrinkled his nose a bit at the light touch.

Maybe it was the fact that he was the only one Youngjae felt comfortable enough to fall asleep on. Maybe it was because Daehyun could pretend that this was Youngjae’s way of marking him as his. He could imagine for even a brief moment Youngjae always fell asleep and drooled on him on purpose, so that no one else would try to get close to him. 

Daehyun indulged himself in the thought, closing his eyes and holding back a few tears, enjoying the fantasy for as long as he could, before he felt Youngjae shift. He looked down to see two doe eyes peering up at him curiously before smiling softly at the sleepy vocalist. 

“Did I wake you up?” Youngjae shook his head before moving his hand to rub his eyes and wipe the from on the side of his cheek. Youngjae sat up and saw the small puddle of drool on Daehyun’s leg, flushing in embarrassment before grabbing a tissue from the side and dabbing Daehyun’s thigh.

“I’m so sorry! I feel so bad, I keep drooling on yo-“

“Relax, Youngjae, it’s fine haha!” Daehyun laughed as Youngjae ignored his words, continuing to dab Daehyun’s thigh dry while going off about he would avoid falling asleep on Daehyun again. Daehyun wanted to voice his displeasure at the words, but knew he would sound suspicious if he encouraged Youngjae to continue sleeping on him. Besides, he knew Youngjae wouldn’t be able to keep to his word and would fall asleep on him again sooner or later.

And Daehyun didn’t mind that one bit. Because as weird as it was, he liked it when Youngjae drooled on him, because at least that way, Daehyun could pretend for at least a little while that he belonged to Youngjae and that Youngjae belonged to him.

___

…How the hell did I turn this into angst.

Sorry guys, idk what’s wrong with me right now @_@ I have writer’s block rn so I’m just gonna be posting short drabbles I’ve had locked in my mind to clear some space up in my brain.