Keeping Quiet

Reasons why Daehyun is odd

 

Daehyun swore his heart stopped as soon as he felt Youngjae's fingers on his chin, whatever he was planning to say long forgotten as his eyes met Youngjae's dark brown orbs. 

It always bothered Daehyun that he had so little lines on their own show, and was about to give some very intellectual insight to the current conversation- to hell with what Youngjae says his ability to use food as a comparison is a very complex art that only few can master- and lowered his signature black mask before suddenly feeling Youngjae's fingers touching his chin, tilting his head up ever so slightly. 

When Daehyun's heart finally decided to start working again, it felt like it was going twice as fast as it was before. He was sure he looked like a fish out of water, his lips parted slightly as he tried to regain the ability to speak. 

Daehyun wasn't sure why he suddenly felt so awestruck, or why he was suddenly very aware of how close he and Youngjae were sitting, but as he watched Youngjae tilt his head to the side a little, his soft, blonde bangs moving a bit and brushing his rosy cheeks, Daehyun had a hard time stopping himself from raising his hand to caress the flawless skin.

Daehyun could vaguely hear the members going off about something, Daehyun could honestly care less as Youngjae started to inch closer to him. Sure, he and Youngjae were usually very touchy and affectionate and of course they've looked each other in the eye before but this time it felt so different, so much more intimate. Daehyun felt his eyelids slowly start to fall as Youngjae' hesitantly moved his face closer to his own, Youngjae's delicate fingers tracing under his chin briefly before resting on the tip of his chin again.
 
Daehyun couldn't understand why he was letting this happen. He knew what was going to come next, with the way Youngjae's pink lips neared his own, but instead of stopping him, he found himself wishing Youngjae would move faster, close the distance as soon as possible, the show and the camera be damned.
 
"Youngjae..." Daehyun let Youngjae's name slip past his laps, his voice quivering and barely audible even to his own ears. He knew that he should have felt this was wrong, that the thought of kissing his bandmate, roomate, and best friend should have revolted him, but deep down, he couldn't deny how absolutely right this situation felt.
 
He finally let his eyes close, holding his breath in as he waited for Youngjae's lips to mold against his, when he felt Youngjae pinching the cloth of his black mask before pulling it up and over Daehyun's mouth. 

Daehyun's eyes snapped open, his mind clearing from the almost hypnotic state Youngjae's eyes put him in as realization sunk in. His cheeks flushed a bright red when he saw Youngjae grin at him before patting Daehyun's lips lightly through the thin mask.
 
"Sorry, Daehyunnie. I don't think it'd really fit if you started talking about how conquering earth is like trying to finish a 12 course meal." Daehyun made an undignified squeak in the back of his throat, prepared to both scold the other about how that was a valid comparison and to ask what exactly just happened between them before, when he felt Youngjae place a small peck on his cheek.
 
"Don't worry, you'll get to rant about your precious food someday." Daehyun punched Youngjae lightly on the arm but couldn't help but let a grin form on his own lips. Maybe he could deal with having so little lines on the show if it meant he got more kisses from Youngjae when the camera wasn't pointed at them.
________
 
it's based off of youngjae's "daehyun is really good looking, but he becomes ugly when he talks. that's why we put a mask on him before, to attract more fangirls." LOOOL how nice of you to say about your bb jae OTL
 
I hope you enjoyed ^^ sorry, still trying to get used to writing again OTL