Old Times

The Popular Project

Sandra

The tears threaten to overflow, as I watch them. The way she's glued to his side makes me see a different side of him.

He's not the same Woo Young that I remember. He's a bit stockier, and his hair is longer.

He's a little bit shorter than Zelo, and his hair was straight. His bangs gave off a cooler look with it's highlights at the ends.

Then I look at Sunny, pretty as usual with her long curled hair and her short dress.

They look like a match made in heaven, they fit together like the perfect pieces of a puzzle.

My heart stops when she reaches her arms around his neck and his arms meet with her waist.

Their faces draw in closer and my once threatening tears streak down. Just when their lips are about to meet, I find myself facing Zelo's chest.

I hug him around his torso and he stokes my hair. In a split second I am off the ground and cradled in Zelo's arms.

I curl up to his chest as he starts to move foward.

"It's really sad that your still using people to get what you want." he says stopping for a moment.

We walk around the corner and he sets me down from his princess hold. I keep my head down, ashamed for crying over another guy in front of him.

"Look at me." he says while standing inches from me. I back up against the wall as he draws in closer.

"Look at me." he says again in a more serious tone. I hesitantly look up, afraid of what I will face.

His sad expression didn't match the harsh tone that came out earlier.

"Listen, I know I can never take back what he did to you, what ever it may be." He says then takes a deep breath. "But I can be here for you now." he says. I feel more tears streak down when he looks straight through me. "So no more crying, okay?" he says while wiping the tears away.

I smile and he grabs my hand as we start on our way to school again. 

 

When we reach my classroom door, I keep a strong grip on his hand.

He looks down at our hands, "I have to go to class now.." he says as he reaches down to release our hands.

My grip gets tighter as he forces are hands to separate. I feel like a little kid going to school for the first time, I don't want him to leave.

He bend down and kisses my forehead, "It's only for an hour, I'll see you next period." he says with a warm smile.

I take a deep breath and reach for the door. The moment my hand touches the metal handle I turn around and hug Zelo as tight as possible. "Okay, now I'm ready." I say with a confident nod. "Hey Sandra." he says as I touch the handle. "Yes?" I say turning my head towards him. "Fighting!" he says with a fist pump.  I nod smiling, then I walk into the class room. I take my seat and take out my supplies. This is only an hour, it won't be too bad, right? Man, was I wrong. 

"Hey kids. We are going to have a new student today." My History teacher announces as she looks at her watch.

"I'm not sure when they are going to come, we aren't sure if it's a guy or girl yet. I was only told to make room for another." She points at the empty desk behind me.

"Sandra, if you don't mind, could you introduce yourself to them? I know you are very out going and can make friends easily." She asks. I nod.

The door burst open and a person with a black hoodie walks in.

"Um, we don't allow hoods in class." she says as the hooded figure takes a seat behind me.

The person flips up the hood, exposing his face to everyone. I gasp recognizing the highlights in his hair.

He smirks, as I whip around to face the front of the class. He introduces himself then sits back down behind me.

I pay no attention to the lesson my teacher is starting because I am distracted by the breathing on my back.

A small, folded, peice of paper lands on my desk, tossed from behind me. My hands shake as I unfold the letter.

 Just like old times, huh?

 I think back to when we were in class together. He was sitting behind me and I could often feel his breath on my back.

He would throw a letter over my shoulder and we would write about the silliest things.

Every once in a while I would turn around to his smiling face after I read something I found funny. That was when he was pure.

I can't remember the last time I saw that smile that made me fall in love with him so quickly. I click my mechanical pencil a few times. 

No, this is nothing like old times. Back then, you were enjoyable. 

I toss the note over my shoulder and pretend to pay attention to what nonsense my teacher is blabbing about. I hear the scratching of his led onto the paper.

He tosses it over my shoulder once more. Actually, a lot of people enjoy the way I am now. Especially because I'm dating Sunny. 

I crumple the paper and throw it across the room, suprisingly making it into the trash can. The bell rings so I grab my stuff and race to Zelo in a hurry.

 

I burst through the classroom door and rush into Zelo's arms.

"Miss me that much?" he says with a chuckle. I rub my face in his chest and mumble, "Woo Young is in my History class now..."

His arms tighten around me.

"I wish I could be in your History class..." he says into my hair. I pull back and smile, "I feel much better now."

I sit down next to Zelo as more students flood in. As expected, Sunny and her trolls walk in and glare at us like every other normal day.

"Okay class, you will have a new student today." he says.

"Oh, god... not again." I say while banging my head on the desk. "His name is-"

The teacher is interrupted by a boy dressed in all pink that flung the doors open.

"Hey! Guys and gals! My name is Joon, but I would appreciate it if you called me Joonie!" he says with his hands on his hips. He spots Zelo and runs over to him. "Well aren't you good looking?" he says while holding Zelo's face in both hands.

"Lets see if you taste as good." he says right before he forces Zelo's lips to meet with his. Zelo is frozen and has no idea how to react to the situation.

What just happened?