Midnight

The Popular Project

Zelo

My eyes open from the sudden draft I feel around my arms. I sit up and look around almost forgetting where I am, it's a little bit harder to see without my contacts.

I look to my right and see a sleeping Sandra, she is beautiful even when dreaming.

I set my head gently onto the pillow and cuddle up next to Sandra, wrapping my arms around her tiny frame.

She faces me and I close my eyes to pretend that I'm sleeping.

I feel her little fingers trace the lines of my stomach, and I can't help but say, "I knew you liked me shirtless."

The moonlight pours into the room, reflecting off of her beautiful face. Her eyes widen as she realizes I'm awake.

I press our foreheads together, keeping our lips only inches away. I close my eyes and smile, but when I feel her warm lips on mine they snap open again.

She pulls back and puts her head on my chest. I worry that my fast and steady heart beat will cause her discomfort, because I can hear my own pulse drumming in my ears.

I don't know why I feel so nervous now, Is it because it's the middle of the night? Or that we are in the same bed? Or is it because of the dreams?

Lately Iv'e been dreaming about her more often, with us in these situations.

I'm really hoping this all isn't just a dream, because I feel extremely lucky right now with her face in my chest. 

Without notice she looks up at me and says, "Hey Zelo."

"W-Whats up?" I say nervously. She looks down again and wraps her arms around my bare torso.

"I love you." she says quietly. I pull her into me as close as possible, "This can't be a dream, right? You're actually here, right?" I say while her hair. "Y-Yes Zelo, whats wrong?" she asks confused.

"Oh, nothing." I say while squeezing her tighter. 

 

I wake up to the bright ray of light flashing on my face. My eyes are a bit hazy.

I reach to the left of the bed where my back pack lies and pull out my emergency glasses.

I look to the right of me and see a beautiful doll like girl sleeping with her body faced towards me. I lay down on my right side to face her.

I study her face and her long eyelashes that rest on her cheeks. Her eye brows start to scrunch up into a scared expression so I lightly press the middle of her head to erase the lines.

Her face relaxes, then I place my lips on her forehead afraid the expression will come back. Her eyes flutter open, as she sees me she smiles. "We have to go to school." I say lightly in her ear, she shivers. Just the reaction I was looking for.

"Ugh.. I'm tired, five more minutes?" she asks with a tired smile. I pull through my clothes in my backpack and undo my belt buckle.

"What are you doing?" she asks in shock.

"Changing." I say while giving her one of my signature half smiles. She turns away with her cheeks flushed.

"Fine I get it." I take my clothes and head towards the bathroom.

We walk out of her house holding hands, ready to face the school after yesterdays incident.

\I get to see her normal route to school each morning as we walk to school. We are happy together, without a doubt in the world.

That was until we saw a Sunny with her minions at the end of the road.

"Hello Sandra," she says with an evil smile. She is hanging onto some guys arm, I look over to Sandra.

Her eyes are wide as she stares at the man Sunny is crawling all over.

 Sunny looks at Sandra and says, "So, how does it feel to see someone else with your recent ex?"