Chapter 4

Once upon a time in a boys' dormitory.
When Myungsoo left earlier, he only went to buy some takeaways for him and Woohyun. However, as soon as Myungsoo entered their shared room again, Woohyun left abruptly; as if he couldn't stand being in the presence of the former.

"What's wrong with him?" Myungsoo asked, his eyes sharp to the door that had just closed. He rolled his eyes back to Sunggyu; the intent gaze Sunggyu knew Myungsoo had making him somewhat entranced because he wasn't used to this contact with Myungsoo. Over the time Myungsoo had been his roommate they barely talked and their only contact were mostly when Sunggyu woke Myungsoo up. However, it didn't mean that there was anything awkward between them.

"He's been acting strange since last night," Sunggyu answered, averting his eyes from Myungsoo's to the plastic in his hand. His mind had the guilt for saying what he did for he didn't have the rights; he didn't know Woohyun that well. Had Woohyun always been like that? Was he always uncomfortable around Myungsoo? Then again Woohyun hadn't hesitated asking for Myungsoo's help when Sunggyu was beat up earlier.

Sunggyu cringed at the memory. He saw Myungsoo place the containers in front of him and turning around to leave, but Sunggyu stopped him.

"Yah," he called, "Eat with me."

Myungsoo eyed the food he brought then at Sunggyu, before answering, "I bought the other for your student. Save it for later or something." Myungsoo then left the room leaving Sunggyu alone again. When Sunggyu avert his eyes from the closed door to the containers, he had long lost his appetite.

-

Sunggyu hadn't relised that he had fallen asleep, and only did he wake up when he heard the door open. He blinked at the silhouette at the door and shaded his eyes with his hand when the lights in his room were . After his eyes adjusted to the lights he saw the man at the door and sighed, then flopped back, covering his eyes.

"Myungsoo-yah, my body hurts," he said, and heard the door close and the shuffling of feet to the other side of the room. When he didn't hear Myungsoo reply, he squinted his eyes open to find the other staring at him. Rather than questioning why, he asked, "Why are you back this early?"

Myungsoo snickered, "I can't come to my own room anytime now?"

Sunggyu chuckled, turning his body and wincing a little before taking a good look at the time displayed on his alarm clock.

"Woohyun is coming in in an hour," he said absently.

"Am I leaving in an hour?" Myungsoo joked by his side, but Sunggyu rolled his eyes unamused.

"Whatever," he said, sitting up ly and getting up to get his need shower. As he took the things he needed, his mind rolled back to the events of that afternoon. "And Myungsoo?" the said man looked at him. "Thanks for helping me earlier." He stopped himself from uttering that he couldn't believe what got into him that he got into such trouble.

As warm water ran down his sore back, he recalled that afternoon, when he saw the pained look in his student's eyes. How vulnerable the man was under the tyranny of the other students. What had Woohyun got himself into? What had Sunggyu got himself into? Would Myungsoo pay for his rashness too?

As he was in his thoughts he heard a knock on the bathroom door, followed by Myungsoo asking if he was okay. Sunggyu stuttered a reply, shaking himself out of his thoughts. "O-oh, I'm fine don't worry. I spaced out." Hearing his own words made him think again. When was he ever that careless? He knew himself for someone who was attentive and prompt. Letting himself drift and filled with these thoughts were out of his character and making himself worry.

Flinching when he felt fingers run in his hair, he gasped when he met his roommate's piercing eyes. "M-Myungsoo, what are you doing?"

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and continued massaging the shampoo into Sunggyu's hair. At the same time it was relaxing him so he didn't resist and only let the feeling of Myungsoo's fingers on his scalp soothe him.

"Myung, have you ever got yourself in trouble?" The question tumbled out of his lips without thought.

"Mm? What sort of trouble?" Myungsoo asked, running his thumbs down Sunggyu's name in circling motions. Sunggyu hummed as he felt his muscles relax.

"This afternoon," he sighed in Myungsoo's ministrations, "Woohyun got himself in trouble with the other students." He looked up to meet Myungsoo's eyes. "I don't want to be involved...but I kind of rashly did."

Myungsoo was quiet in his thoughts before he answered, "Don't think about it anymore. Just keep yourself out of others' matters like you always had."

Sunggyu nodded his head and out of his reverie; Myungsoo's chest coming into focus. He felt Myungsoo's hands push on his shoulders and he stumbled back a step so he was under the showerhead again.

"Finish up, you have fifteen minutes before Woohyun's supposed coming," he said casually, leaving the shower-box and flinging his shirt over one shoulder before leaving the bathroom.

When he was done he glanced over at his bedside table to the food containers that Myungsoo bought for him earlier. He lowered his head and played with his fingers, feeling guilty. Sunggyu lightened himself with a thought that Myungsoo possibly thought that he had fainted when he took his time showering, but he didn't laugh. He still felt bad because Myungsoo cared about him.

There were two knocks on the door, and knowing that it was Woohyun outside, Sunggyu grabbed the plastic bag from his bedside and walked to the door, opening it only to close it behind him. He took Woohyun's hand and led them along the corridors to the kitchen on their floor.

"Why are we eating, suddenly?" Woohyun asked as Sunggyu took out the containers to heat them in the microwave.

After serving them on the counter, he took a seat on one of the high stools and tugged at Woohyun's hands to make him sit beside him. They ate in silence; Sunggyu spooning his porridge while in thoughts. Feeling that he had kept quiet for too long he spoke in a small voice, "Woohyun-ah, you shouldn't treat Myungsoo like that. He's a nice person."

Woohyun played with his food, not giving a verbal response to Sunggyu's words. The atmosphere remained like that until they finished, and after throwing the containers away they walked back to Sunggyu's room, Woohyun trailing behind him. When Woohyun stopped at the door, Sunggyu asked why he wasn't coming in.

"Sungyeol was crying before I came here," Woohyun said, almost to himself. "What do you think happened?" He directed the question to Sunggyu then. Diverting his eyes to the room without expecting an answer from Sunggyu, Woohyun entered and went straight to the table. He took out his book and started on a question; his brows creasing from his inability to concentrate.

Sunggyu walked up beside him, sitting on the chair beside Woohyun's. Reaching a hand out he his fingers in Woohyun's hair, muttering, "Yah kid, stop worrying about others and focus on your studies already."

He chuckled alongside Woohyun, but he couldn't help realise the irony in his words for he was now worrying about Woohyun and had slacked on his studies.

It striked him hard that he should quickly act on it; it didn't go unnoticed to him when Woohyun had leaned into his touch. Though he should be proud because Woohyun was able to start on the question soon after that, it scared Sunggyu what effect he had on the younger.

He had wanted to help Woohyun, but seeing how Woohyun reacted, Sunggyu realised that he had gone the wrong way with this goal. He felt that he was directing Woohyun to be comfortable with him instead, when what Woohyun needed was to be comfortable with affection between boys in general.

He should subtly keep his distance from Woohyun so the younger wouldn't be too attached to him, or depend too much on him. If involving others was what it takes, he would. If showing Woohyun that dating another of his own kind was okay was what it takes, he would. If proving it himself was what it takes...he would.

Somehow, his mind drifted to Myungsoo for how the other had heard his worries earlier. The other had advised him to stay away from others' matters. But what was he doing now? He was even thinking of involving Myungsoo in it.

He needed the matter to end quickly without straining himself and affecting his studies too much. Myungsoo was the nearest help he could ask from and he was in the same level at school so he shouldn't be stuck with the knowledge he had already acquired.

He should ask for Myungsoo's help, right?