Chapter 1

Once upon a time in a boys' dormitory.

"Yah, that's not how it works!" Sunggyu dropped down to his bed and dug his face into his pillow, groaning for the millionth time that night. His teaching session seemed unending. Lifting his face off the pillow and looking at his student, he tried to explain the equation over again. "What have you been doing in class? Wasn't seonsaengnim's explanation simple enough? He gave you homeworks didn't he? Have you done it?" Sunggyu glanced down at the thin stack of papers lying untouched on one end of the study table.

He groaned yet again.

There were good parts coming from a good student like Sunggyu was: like making himself, his parents and his school proud. But at the same time, the bad parts might overwhelm: like being forced to tutor (Sunggyu wouldn't admit it because he had accepted the request from a teacher kindly, with eye-smiles and everything) and getting a mind wrecking student like Woohyun was.

Sunggyu definitely regretted accepting the teacher's request now.

Woohyun was a level lower than himself, so wasn't it supposed to be easy teaching a subject he had aced? His first impression on Woohyun was utterly wrong for that time, he actually thought Woohyun looked like a good student. Not that good, because he needed tutoring afterall... Sunggyu should have taken account the slight wariness the teacher had pulled out when he accepted the request so easily.

"Woohyun-ah," Sunggyu put on his gentlest smile as he seethed the name through clenched teeth. "Hyung will do your homework for you, okay? Hyung needs to go to sleep because its-" he paused as he took a second to glance at the clock above them. He closed his eyes briefly, suppressing himself from uttering a curse because it was ing, "-two in the morning." He smiled again.

Woohyun nodded as he got off the the chair. "I'm sleepy too." Sunggyu shuddered as he watched the boy dragging his feet to his bed with a large yawn. He was supposed to be the tired one here. He let out a sigh as he seated himself in the chair and started to do the work.

Sunggyu felt accomplished that within fifteen minutes, he had finished five full pages of unsolved equation. Slipping the pen out of his fingers, he took time to stretch his limbs before finally standing up again and face Woohyun. Only that he was greeted by the boy's figure curled into a ball on his bed. He covered his mouth from his own yawn as he crouched to wake the boy up.

"Woohyun-ah wake up..." his voice trailed in the end because he was tired as hell and waking Woohyun up seemed like the most difficult task in the world.

---

There was a knock on his door.

His eyes fluttered open; his body feeling sore all over. When his eyes finally opened, he was greeted by the familiar face of his student, only that the scene looked more peaceful than how he was used to because there was never a time when a nerve didn't pull when he was with the younger boy. Actually, it was the most calm picture he'd ever seen from the moment he'd stepped into this dorm.

The knock came again, startling Sunggyu and he shook from his trance.

His lips parted in a silent gasp when he attempted to stand up from his ungodly sleeping position. His musles were ing sore! He wondered how he had managed to stay asleep in that uncomfortable position.

"O-oh Myungsoo," Sunggyu unlocked the door to find his roommate who was grinning from what he didn't know. Myungsoo was always out, but this was his first time coming this late (well, early in the morning). Sunggyu usually slept with an empty bed on the other side of the room, but usually woke up with Myungsoo in it. However, this morning, he didn't notice; partially because he was distracted himself or because his body hurted that badly.

"Who's that?" Myungsoo asked nonchalantly, back already facing Sunggyu as he removed his shirt at his side of their room.

"My student," was Sunggyu's curt reply.

"Ahh. Woo...what's his name again?" he asked, tilting his head to glance at Sunggyu before turning back to pick a new set of clothes.

Sunggyu witnessed the slight crease on his student's forehead when Myungsoo spoke. He noticed because he had kept his eyes on Woohyun from the time his roommate undressed.

"Where were you last night?" Sunggyu asked, averting his eyes from the sleeping figure of his student to Myungsoo. He had a towel slung over one of his shoulders, the grin still plastered on his face as he headed to their shared bathroom.

"At Sungyeol's," Myungsoo said, and Sunggyu could hint his bright smile even though Myungsoo had his back facing him.

When the bathroom door clicked close, Sunggyu bent down and placed his palm on his student's forehead and brushed the hair out of his face. He kept his hand posited there as he watched Woohyun's eyes slowly open. Somehow, he knew Woohyun was awake the whole time. He dismissed it, though, when Woohyun shuffled to sit up. He was about to say something, but Woohyun cut him off by sweeping his hand away and scooted out of the room without lifting his head up.

The door slammed close and Sunggyu was left dazed.

---

"Dongwoo-yah, how are you doing with your student?"

"Sungjong?"

"Mm."

"Fine."

They were currently at their school's library; faces deeply stuck between thick, dusty-from-lack-of-use textbooks; hands endlessly moving to the scratchy sounds of pen against paper as they jotted down notes. Taking a second for a break, Sunggyu tilted his glasses lower down the bridge of his nose as he looked up to his friend.

Dongwoo was one of the friends who Sunggyu liked to hang out with. Likewise, Dongwoo liked Sunggyu too because they shared the same interest of reading books and studying. It was Dongwoo's influence that he had ended up with agreeing to the idea of tutoring, but it wasn't his fault that Sunggyu got Woohyun as his student. From what he knew, Sungjong was the total opposite of Woohyun. Unlike Woohyun, Sungjong put interest in actually wanting to study and improve. Woohyun didn't even mind Sunggyu doing his homework for him! Then again it was partially his fault too...

"How's Woohyun?" Dongwoo asked, finally lifting his head from the inked page of his notebook.

His thoughts drifted to the day Dongwoo fell ill; and he tutored Sungjong in his place. The session finished before ten, and Sunggyu was quite impressed that he didn't make many mistakes in the work he had even done before the tutoring session started. Woohyun when compared with Sungjong is just...

"Tiring."

---

"So this goes here, and the index two is added to four. The x is paired with y and the answer is now in terms of v," Sunggyu explained with a pencil as makeshift finger to point whichever he was implying. He was already tired as he shifted from one foot to another, leaning forward beside Woohyun. He looked at the boy expectantly. "Do you get me?"

A slow nod was Woohyun's response, and Sunggyu positively doubted him.

"You get this question right and we'll stop for the night," Sunggyu pushed a paper towards him which contained the question he had just written. Woohyun hummed as he took the paper from him.

He proceeded to grab a book to occupy himself for that moment, then dropped to his bed on his stomach. A few pages later, he felt his bed sink and he rolled over to see Woohyun with his hand outstretched with a paper shown to him. His eyes scanned to the few methods following the problem he gave, and a smile finally etched on his face after a long time.

"Good job Woohyun-ah," he smiled - sincerely for once - and patted Woohyun on his head. "You can go back now, Sungyeol must be worried."

His eyes watched inadvertently at the sudden change of expression from Woohyun. Woohyun kept quiet as he packed his things into his backpack. Only when he was about to leave the door that he voiced out, "Hyung." Sunggyu nodded for him to continue. Woohyun glanced at the other side of the room for a second before looking back at Sunggyu. "Your roommate...he's with Yeol- S-Sungyeol."

Sunggyu nodded slowly, not fully understanding what Woohyun meant by his words.

"Can I just...sleep here tonight?"