A Mixture of Frustration and Exasperation.

It's Our Destiny.

Suzy fumbled nervously in her seat as she tried to straighten herself. She couldn't believe how rich this kid was; his house was practically similar- if not exactly, like a mansion. She'd had time to gape about her surroundings as he had excused himself into the kitchen to bring her a cup of tea, or so he did; he'd gone for about five minutes now. There's something really strange about him. Plenty of thoughts flew through her mind as she got up and attempted to scan the place. It came to her that they were probably in the studying room- even though the size of it it seemed more like a living room to her. "This has to be more than thrice the size of my apartment." Suzy murmured to herself. 

"It's beautiful, isn't it, noona?" A voice suddenly echoed behind her, causing her to jump slightly. Suzy turned around to see Minwoo, changed out of his school attire, holding a tea tray, and realised that he'd in fact, brought two cups of tea. Even though she wanted to ask him how two cups of tea would've actually taken him more than five minutes, she decided it was better to stay quiet. "Yeah, it is." Suzy attempted to reveal a slight smile as she  tried not to sound too excited, but not too nonchalant at the same time. Not saying another word, he walked towards the majestic marble table, placed the tea tray, and glanced at her, gesturing that he was ready for the lesson to start. 

Exhaling deeply, she prepared herself for the first ever home tuition she was going to conduct. Before she could sit down and start with the lesson, she suddenly thought of something; something that wasn't really her business. "Where are your parents?" This question seemed to surprise Minwoo as he raised his eyebrows and directed his gaze at her in bewilderedness. He slowly straightened his back, cleared his throat, and answered, "They're out. On a business trip," Minwoo paused and eyed her in contemplation before asking, "Why?"

Suzy shakes her head, giving him a glance, and simply mutters inarticulately, "Nothing, just wondering." Without shifting his gaze from her, he reaches for the books situated on the corner and flips it open, thereby beginning the session.

His first ever home tutoring session.

-----------------------

"Oppa, come here! Take a look at this!" Luhan could hear Chaeri's audible voice from a few metres away. As he turned around to face her, he'd realised that she had been looking at a variety of cakes in a cake shop, with a wide grin over her face. Luhan tries to smile- and he does so- even though it seemed more of an artificial smile than a natural one. With his hands in his pockets and a slight grin over his face, he paces towards her, carrying a strange feeling with him. With every step he took, he could feel the weight of his feet increasing- as if something was stopping him from moving, carrying on. Chaeri continued to wave her hands, gesturing for him to quicken his pace, as if it was something that would slip out of their view if he didn't manage to arrive quickly enough. Reassuring himself, he attempts to walk in a manner faster than before, while observing her. 

Chaeri was the type of girl that wouldn't stand out if one was to place her in the streets; she wasn't special looking- neither was she extraodinarily pretty or attractive. Perhaps that was what made her unique- the fact that queenkas were always the most outstanding or the prettiest of the crowd. Yet if people observed, queenkas were usually the arrogant, proud, boastful type, being a result of the amount of attention people gave to them. It was eccentric enough that Chaeri wasn't that pretty, not to mention that she was actually a kind person. She was a really humble person- and as mentioned before, a shy person in general- even though she seemed to open up to Luhan in just a matter of a day.

"Come." As Luhan approached her, she took him by the shoulder and pointed towards a specific cake that looked good- not just good, but really good. It was stripes of distinctive colours, from red to purple- the colours of a rainbow. Each section was separated with a white line of cream, the cake baked in a heart shape. "It's pretty isn't it?" Chaeri glanced up at Luhan cheerfully, behind the black, wide glasses of hers. 

"Yes. Yes, it is." Luhan uttered, confused about what she actually wants since this was actually the first time he had ever dated someone in his life- it's unbelievable, but it's true. Chaeri continued looking at the cake as if she was waiting for something to pop out of it any moment now. Fortunately, a middle-aged woman wearing a uniform appeared and offered us help, or rather, reccomendation- it was more of a tease as compared to any of the two mentioned anyway. The woman smiled and questioned in a friendly manner, "Hi, can I help you both?" Needless to say, obviously some aid had to be offered since we were both customers. 

"Hi. um, it's okay, we're just looking." Chaeri meddled around with her fingers as she glanced at the heart-shaped cake once more. The woman suddenly gave a slight laugh and said, "Don't mind me, but sir, I think your girlfriend wants the cake." On hearing this, Luhan flushed bright pink; not out of the word 'girlfriend', but out of embarrassment for having not realised what Chaeri had wanted all along. Of course, what am I, a dumb? Luhan attempted to clear his throat and straightened his posture as he replied, "um, yeah, okay. We'll get the cake." Abruptly, Chaeri's expression brightened up and she slides her arm in Luhan's, muttering a thank you. 

As Chaeri stood beside Luhan, silent in her happiness, Luhan waited for the bill quietly as he carried the cake box. After paying for the cake, they stepped out of the bakery; Chaeri being delighted than ever, having someone she liked understanding her, and Luhan having an everlasting string of mixed feelings stuck inside of him. He could feel the awkwardness hanging around the air, but he was convinced that perhaps, she couldn't. 

------------------

She got up, slung her bag over her shoulders, and hastily made her way to the door, with Minwoo already standing by it. Although Suzy knew it was time to leave, the suppressing atmosphere was so contagious that she still could not help but feel uncomfortable. I'm leaving soon, I'm leaving soon. Suzy could hear her thoughts echo throughout her head. Yet she knew this wasn't the last time she would be here since he'd mentioned a 'next time'. 

As Minwoo casually opened the door and stood by it, Suzy quickened her pace and hurriedly stepped out, and put on her shoes. He glanced at her and realised her anxiousness, to which he amusedly question, "Noona, why are you in such a hurry?" 

Sliding on her flats, she gazed up at him in puzzlement and replied, "Er, in case you need to go somewhere?" Minwoo let out a slight laugh. "Nah, I'm not going anywhere. Where could I possibly go? My parents aren't even in the country; you know how parents expect us to stay at home all day- where we're ensured '100% security'." Even though anyone would've been totally judged as 'talkative' by giving such an amount of information, he seemed pretty calm- too calm to be deemed 'talkative'. This made Suzy secretly wonder how he even manages to execute such an impression. 

She walked towards the gate with Minwoo tagging along nonchalantly. As she peered around the tall metal gates, she'd realised it was already close to sunset. Damn. My mom doesn't know that I give tuition, if I go back any later then sunset, I'd be doomed. For life. Maybe just doomed for the amount of nagging awaiting me. Suzy swiftly spun around and bid farewell to Minwoo; under the sunlight, he looked absolutely gorgeous- too gorgeous to be just a student. His facial features were near perfect. Okay, maybe perfect. His nose was sharp, but not too sharp so as to give off an eccentric look; his jet black eyes were glistening under the sunlight. To add on, he had a perfect face shape accompanied with double eyelids. How is anyone even this perfect? 

Attempting to shake her thoughts out of her mind, she'd unintentionally shook her head repetitively, causing Minwoo to be slightly more than bewildered. Despite that, he smiled, raised his hand, and waved a little, muttering, "Bye, noona, see you. The session was great. Thank you." Letting out a wide grin, she nodded her head and quickly got out of his sight.

Quicker than she could've even blurted something to induce self-embarassment.

---------

Suzy was overwhelmed with fatigue. She'd been awake from 6 in the morning all the way till sunset; approximately twelve hours. Moreover, she did not have much of a sleep the previous night because of Luhan. Ugh, Luhan. She thought. This morning she'd seen him sound asleep and hadn't wanted to disturb him since he'd returned home relatively late the night before; she'd quickly finished showering, eaten her breakfast, and hurried out. I mean, it's not like we would've talked if I'd waited for him. Suzy stared out of the windows, still trying not to fall asleep. Was Luhan really dating Chaeri? Somehow she'd unconsciously dismissed it as a joke, but considering the fact that he'd returned at such an hour the previous night, she couldn't help but believe that he'd somehow got affiliated with her. It's not as if Chaeri's the mean type- but anyone, and everyone, knows that the last thing to do is to be associated with the bunch of queenkas since they're affiliated to gangsters. Definitely not the people anyone would want to mess with. Even though she'd try to fight the urge of closing her eyes by engaging her mind in thoughts she hadn't wanted to think of, a pressure she had no control over, managed to convince her nerves to somehow, shut her eyelids. 

"Miss." The bus driver waved his hand, trying to get her to wake up, "Miss-"

Abruptly, Suzy lifted her eyelids, rubbed her eyes, turned and glanced around, trying to distinguish her surroundings, which seemed vague. She straightened her position, glanced at the bus driver and asked, "Sorry, Ahjussi, where-" The bus driver interrupted her and replied, "We're at the bus terminal now, the scheduled route has ended. I guess you fell asleep and forgot to get off on your stop." He seemed rather impatient, glancing around while speaking. 

"Ah, yeah. Sorry. I'll walk- sorry to trouble you." Suzy immediately took her bag, stood up, and made her way out of the bus.

The night was getting colder and with every step she took, she felt an invisible weight on her legs increase. Night. Oh god, it's night time. Suzy smacked her forehead with her palm and sighed. My mom will seriously kill me. She decided to put whatever thoughts she had at the back of her mind since thinking about it wouldn't really help anything right now- except make her feel troubled. Lethargic-filled, Suzy yawned and continued back home- fortunate enough to be familiar with the routes in the area. 

As she reached within a hundred metres from the bottom of her apartment, a sense of relief overcame her, making her feel exhausted all over again as she rubbed her neck and yawned once more. Surprisingly, as she paced nearer, she realised that she wasn't alone- rather, there was a familiar presence. Even from the back, she could recognise the figure. Luhan. Except, he wasn't alone; he was with someone else. Since she had difficulty making out who the other person was, Suzy tilted her head silently and watched, not far from them.

The shorter one was definitely a girl. I can't seem to make out who it is since Luhan's big head is blocking- but, wait- it's Chaeri. Definitely her. What're they even doing here? Don't tell me she's dropping Luhan home- wasn't it supposed to be the guy dropping the girl home, the last time I remembered? Ugh, whatever. At least now I can confirm that they're both dating, it wasn't a joke. What am I doing? I shouldn't even act all sneaky- I feel like a stalker. 

Just as Suzy made up her mind to just walk straight ahead to the lift [brush through them pretending not to see them], she witnessed something that made her utterly shocked. 

Perhaps astonishment with a mixture of resentment and disappointment.

---------------

He stood in front of the mini blue-board filled with pictures and notes- situated on the wall by his bed, hovering while thinking, his index finger tapping his lips. Since it'd been night, hardly any light seeped through the silky black curtains of his; the atmosphere in his room mysterious, his vision slightly faint. Even though it hadn't been the first time he'd been doing such a thing, he felt unreasonably anxious about it. A part of him told him not to do it, the other told him the opposite. "Ugh. Stupid cognitive dissonance." He muttered under his breath, slightly more than irritated by his thoughts.

Just as he walks towards his bed, deciding to take a rest after a long day, his phone suddenly starts to ring. He stares at the screen, illuminating a piercing glow with words that say 'Viper'. Instinctively, he frowns and decides to ignore it; flopping onto bed, inhaling and exhaling hard. But it doesn't allow him to. After a few seconds, the ringing stops and the room is quiet once more. He appreciates the peace and quiet and hoped it would last; but it doesn't. In a matter of ten seconds or so, his phone starts to ring again, the ringtone resembling noise- echoing against the walls of his room. "." He curses and gets up in annoyance. 

"Hello?" He makes an effort to sound polite and respectful as he's suppressed by a feeling of fear inside of him. Even though he hates the person to the core, he manages to take control of his feelings in order not for the person on the other side of the line to sense his irritation. 

There's no sound on the other line, no voice, nothing; all he hears is the vibration of something in the background. He knows the person is on the line but he isn't speaking. Impatiently, he contemplates hanging up but he suddenly hears a deep voice, "Snow". 

Snow. All of a sudden, he's reminded of his nickname in the world of mobsters- the world where laws were meant to be broken, where crime persists. Strangely, he feels vexed and thinks of not wanting to have to do with those people anymore. Anyone and everyone knows that being a gangster isn't just power- in fact, there's a lot more to it. Under the surface of having just power- gangsters who are people after all- ought to sacrifice a lot of time, pride, and dignity. In fact, he wouldn't say being a gangster leads to having power- when all you do is get ordered by the big one- instead, being a gangster really serves no good at all. It just gives you the thrill of having an interesting- if not, hectic life- till then, it's the best it can give. 

But he doesn't get annoyed at his nickname; ironically, he liked- if not- loved it. Under his breath, he utters almost inaudibly, "Viper."

Abruptly he hears a slight chuckle, and then Viper asks, "How have you been?" But don't mistaken as it doesn't exactly mean Viper's intending to ask him how he's doing, literally; why would he even give a heck about his life? All Viper wants to know is Snow's progression on the task. That's how things work in the society of theirs- nobody really gives a damn about your feelings- it's all about money, power, and well, more money. 

"It's going good." Snow states nonchalantly, pacing back and forth in his room; an action allowing his thoughts to stir better. No one lets their guard down in this gruesome society. No one. Snow could almost hear the grin plastered over Viper's face over the line as Viper pauses and speaks again. 

"Good. Try to get the girl over more often. And when she finally familiarises herself with you, find the most suitable time, and act." Viper hesitates a little, and continues, "Don't forget. Her father owes Him a whole load of debt. If this screws up, you're screwed. Even if she doesn't have the money to pay the debt, she'd be of good use- Whatever. Just make sure you get her. Don't disappoint me, Snow."

Before Snow could say a second word, he realised that Viper had hung up the phone.

Snow hated the way Viper said his name. It felt as if Viper hadn't a single ounce of respect for him- it simply felt like he was ordering him around; making use of his name to order Snow around. Yet, he wasn't going to express this anger, this hatred; he wasn't nicknamed 'Snow' for no reason. Snow, is a consequence of a cold climate; and so is he. As a result of his famous behaviour of being calm even in the toughest and worst situations, many named him Snow out of envy and admiration. If there was anyone that could hide emotions and feelings well, it was him; he was the guy.

But the accumulation of bottled up feelings, it's just, he doesn't know if he can take it anymore.

He doesn't know if he's going to burst the next minute, the next day, or the week after.

His mind is fully occupied with the thoughts of the probabilities of him completing this task. And for a moment, this task seemed like a really difficult one. Not physically, but perhaps, psychologically. 

He doesn't know if he can do it. He doesn't know if he has anymore of the heart to do it. But if he doesn't, he knows he's screwed, big time. His life would probably be worst than death.

After standing on the same spot, reflecting and considering for a long time, he flops onto bed, and leans his head onto his arm. Amidst the silence and the glooming darkness, he hears a voice. His own voice. That voice asks him what he chooses; to persevere on, leading a life of emptiness knowing he can't take it any further? Or to give up now, understanding that he'd be haunted and chased by mobsters and gangsters all his life? 

-------

Author's Note*

Sorry, I hope this didn't take a long time. IB really kills people. I'm busy all the time. I forgot where I got the inspiration for this chapter, but I  remembered I had a really bad writer's block after chapter 5. I wonder how I even got this far. So yeah, as you can practically see, I have totally no plan, no storyline. The chapters just flow naturally when it wants to, and I'm not even aware of how it happens. If any of you are confused with the last part, it isn't an error in my thoughts, or a loss in memory [since my mind is pretty much tainted by the thoughts of work all the time], it's part of the story and it''ll patch in in the end [hopefully, perfectly] when the motives are revealed. Until then, remember to pay attention to such scenes. Okay not going to take up too much time then.

Comments are very much appreciated, along with subscribes

Luhan misses his wife. Here are some of ze gifs.

 Luhan, your wifeu became a banana.