Eemo's Noodle Shop

Saranghae

 

EunJo’s POV-
            I was working at Eemo HeeHyo’s noodle shop Ramuyn Star #1; it was a large shop with many customers. Eemo was the head chef, she makes really good noodles; but recently they started to taste sad because Uncle JongHyun hasn't been around very much. The reason why I’m here cleaning tables and taking orders is because Umma said she wants me to get use to having a job.
             
            “Business is really slow today, that means I’m going to be bored... And it‘s the weekend of all days. I guess I get no free time after all.” I sighed.
 
 I went over to the tables and started to clean them while singing You & I by IU. I finished cleaning the table then started to spin around. I was so preoccupied with what I was doing I didn’t realize someone walked in.
 
            “You sound great.” the visitor said, watching me.
 
I turned around and saw a boy with blonde hair that reminds me of the ramen my aunt makes, he was wearing a blue scarf around his chin while giving me the thumbs up. 
 
                “You w-were l-listening to me?” I stuttered.
 
He nodded while smiling at me sweetly. I felt my face heat up from embarrassment and decided to show him to a table so I wouldn‘t embarrass myself more.
 
“What’s your name?” he asked.
 
I looked at him confused, “EunJo, you?” I replied.
 
“Call me Zelo” he smiled.
 
“Oh so you‘re the guy all the girls talk about in my classes.”
 
“They talk about me? Do you talk about me too, Noona?”
 
I look at him with disbelief. What!? I am not old I bet he’s older then me!’  I thought.
 
“Why am I a Noona?! Huh?!” I yelled.
 
“Because Jong Up told me that you are sixteen and I’m fifteen. So you are Noona. But you can call me oppa” he says smiling at me.  I just raise my eye brow at him.
 
“You sure you’re fifteen? You look older then th-” I started and looked at his face closely, “Nevermind you really look fifteen.”
 
He just stared at me while I giggled to myself then I sigh.
 
“Sorry about that. Um... What would like to order today, sir?”
 
He stared at me more and I blushed.
 
“Is there something on my face or something?” I asked shyly.
 
“You didn’t call me Zelo-Oppa” he pouted.
 
“Gomen Zelo-Oppa but I can’t really do that since my aunt will go all diva mode on me and stuff.”
 
“What does gomen mean?” he asked cutely.
 
I averted my eyes “It means sorry in Japanese”
 
“You know Japanese too? That’s cool.”
 
“Thanks.” I blushed, I was about to ask what he wanted to order but right as I opened my mouth, someone hit me upside my head.
 
“Geez. I thought HeeHyo-Noona taught you better EunJo” the man said.
 
I recognized that voice and turned around to see Uncle JongHyun standing there with a grin.
 
 
“Uncle you’re here! Eemo is on lunch break!” I replied, smiling.
 
He chuckled at me and ruffled my hair then says “You should pay attention to your costumers JoJo”
 
I blush slightly and turn around to see Zelo’s eyes widen.
 
“Whoa that’s cool, JongHyun's your uncle?” Zelo gasped.
 
I nodded shyly and looked down.
 
“I'll have ramen with steak and boiled egg.” Zelo smiled.
 
I nod and write down his order and ask if that will be all, he nods and looks around. I closed my notepad and Eemo walked into the room with an emotionless face.
 
I smile and speed walk to the kitchen and stick Zelo’s order to the board using a magnet. I just hope uncle blingbling doesn’t make any weird faces while Eemo is cooking or at the costumers. I decide to go back to cleaning tables until I saw Uncle Jong making duck faces at Eemo I just shake my head and pull out my phone to text Jong Up.
 
‘Really Jonguppie?’ I sent and put my phone back in to my apron pocket.
 
 
As I waited for aunty to make the food I looked over at Zelo who was blinking twice a second. I just raised my eyebrow at him and laughed quietly. How strange... He's weird... But... I also want to poke his cheeks... I thought and watched him intently. I snapped out of it and shook my head to clear it.
 
 
‘You got a message' My phone sang.
 
 
 
I fished out my phone to see Jong Up replied.
 
 
 
‘Really? What Eunjoie?’ He replied.
 
 
‘Did you talk about me with Zelo-Kun?’ I asked.
 
It rang again.
 
 
‘You know you wanted me too Eunie ;D’
 
 
‘Why you little -’ I started, being interrupted by Eemo ringing the bell, announcing that the food is ready.
 
I walked over to the counter and put the bowl of noodles on a tray then did the same with chopsticks. I walked over to Zelo's table and set the tray down.
 
“Here you are Zelo-Oppa. Ramen with steak and boiled egg. Please enjoy.” I bowed, flashing him my best smile.
 
“Jong Up was right, you do have a pretty smile. Ahh! Jonguppie is so lucky to have a girlfriend like you.” he pouted.
 
I nodded and smiled, not realizing what had just been said. “NANI!!!” I yelled as I realized what he said.
 
“Yep. My girlfriend has a beautiful smile.” someone said from behind me.
 
I turned around and saw Jong Up smiling at me. I glared at him for what he had told Zelo and for what he had just said. I turned my head and looked at Zelo who looked awestruck.
 
“He’s not my boyfriend, I don’t know why he told you that.” I grumbled.
 
Zelo smiled at me and nodded, saying “I know, Jonguppie likes EunSook” He widened his eyes as he realized he had said that outloud and covered his mouth.
 
I stared at the wall, looking for an excuse to get away from them. “EEMO I’M GOING TO TAKE MY BREAK NOW!” I yelled.
 
“Alright!” She yelled back.
 
I walked pass Jong Up and hung up my apron. I should tell EunSook. I though, heading over to the park.
 
 
 
 
Park: EunJo POV-
 
 
                      When I got to the park I dialed EunSook’s number and walked towards the swing set which was covered with dead leaves. I brush the leaves away from the seat and I sat down waiting for her to pick up.
 
 
                     “Yoboseyo?” EunSook answered.
 
“EunSook you would never guess what I found out!” I exclaimed.
 
She sighed “What?”
 
I smiled, pausing before telling her. “Well... Jonguppie likes you Sookie-Chan.”
 
“You’re lying aren’t you? Don’t get my hopes up EunJo.”
 
“Unnie I do not lie. Zelo-Kun accidentally let it slip and JongUp didn't deny it.”
 
“Well JongUp has to admit it to me.” She snapped.
 
“Sappy Unnie just so sappy.” I shook my head.
 
“So?! I rather have him tell me personally instead of having others do so!”
 
“Understandable. Oh yeah! Did you get into your school yet?”
 
“I haven’t gotten the letter yet but hopeful I’m in.”
 
“Psh you’re a genius of course you would get in.” I smiled.
 
“Thanks puppy but I got to go take care of lunch. Bye!”
 
“Bye Unnie!” I replied, hanging up and putting my phone in my pocket. I started to swing, thinking about what happened. “Geez. EunSook has a better love life then I do.” I pouted, jumping off the swing. I landed on my with a thud. “Ita ita ita” I mumbled as I rubbed my bum.
 
I stood up and walked over to the market to buy some cheesecake. When I paid, I notice it was getting windy. I walked outside, my hair blowing, making me feel like a model. It got cold quickly and I cursed at myself for wearing jeans and a long sleeve semi low cut shirt outside. My arms started getting goose bumps and my hair blew around crazily. I walked wiht my head down, bumping into someone’s chest. “Gomen” I apologized, looking at my feet.
 
I felt someone’s scarf wrap around neck and blushed.
 
“It’s fine EunJo see ya later!” The person replied and ran away.
 
I turned around and saw the person running. Weird. I thought and looked down at the scarf. It looks exactly like... “Zelo?“ I asked, finishing my thought out loud. I shook my head and kept walking. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out.
 
Hurry up or we’re leaving you here EunJo. I read.
 
I started speed walking, trying to get to the restaurant quickly. When I got there she went playful diva on me, luckily Uncle kissed her before she could say anything bad. I covered my eyes, gagging. My innocent eyes wae!? I cried to myself. Eemo pushed me towards the car playfully. I climbed in and they got in behind me.
 
 
 
Home: EunJo’s Pov-
 
 
When I got home my mom started to badger me about the scarf.
 
“Why do have a scarf around your neck? Did you finally listen to me for once?!” she demanded, playfully.
 
Aunty and Uncle went home leaving me alone with Umma until Appa came home.
 
“Uh... No someone let me borrow it...”
 
“Was it Zelo?” she asked.
 
My face started to turn  pink and I looked away.
 
“Awww! It is! My baby is growing up so much!!!" she smiled and started to hug me to death.
 
She let me go after about a minute and danced to the kitchen, singing a song she wrote for Appa when they were younger.
 
I head up stairs to wash up before dinner, and put the scarf on my bed. When I went downstairs I saw Appa kissing Umma, I covered my eyes again, yelling “Wae?!”
 
Appa laughed, walking over to me. He kissed my head and smiled.
 
 
 
 
Once we finally got settled in for dinner I looked at the two of them and asked how their day was.
 
“Fun” Appa smiled.
 
“Got to work on another dance honey?” Umma asked, looking over at him.
 
He nods, going back to his dinner.
 
“I had some fun writing songs, though I fell asleep half way through.” Umma said, pouting.
 
“What about you EunJo?” they chorused.
 
“Um... Interesting, to say the least.” I mumbled.
 
“Agi? is Zelo your boyfriend? Is that why he gave you his scarf? Hmm?” Umma asked.
 
I felt my face heat up and crossed my arms. “A-Aniyo, he just gave me his scarf because I was cold.”
 
“Sure dear, sure. It's not nice to lie to your umma.”
 
I excused myself from the table and headed to bed.
 
 
 
'Zelo let me barrow his scarf >/////<' I texted EunSook.
 
 
‘Awww I bet his fan club is going to kill you when step foot in school on Monday!’ She replied.
 
 
‘Oh noes protect me Unnie!’ I replied and cried internally.
 
 
‘lol you’re funny, I am not getting killed.’
 
 
‘T^T I’m tell Jonguppie on you Sookie! Goodnite! ;D’
 
 
‘You better not puppy. Or I tell Zelo you like him. Nite my adorable puppy!'
 
 
'Unnie so mean T^T Wae?!'
 
 
That was last message I sent before I fell asleep clenching Zelo’s scarf, while hugging Seungri, my oversized panda.
 

Penguin: Ello everyone Penguininjataco here with the first chapter of the story please subscribe and comment it helps you know ^^ 

For those of you who don't know what Eemo means, it means "my mothers sister" ^^