03

SM Town: Of Love and Friendships

The doorbell rang, and Tiffany had to force herself to get out of bed to open the door. She hated being disturbed when she was sleeping, and she had been feeling grumpy for the past 5 days. Kris hadn’t called back home for the past 5 days, and she had tried calling him, but he didn’t pick up at all. Tiffany carelessly slipped on her pink bedroom slippers and practically dragged herself to the door.

“I see you were you still sleeping,” the deep velvet voice spoke. The voice sent shivers down her spine, and she looked up from the floor, and met Kris’s gaze.

“Good morning,” Kris continued, and flashed a smile at Tiffany.

Now Tiffany was really wide awake. She rubbed her eyes to see if she was hallucinating. But no, Kris was really standing right in front of her. She was about to hug her husband right at the doorway when she remembered the last two weeks of her life. And here was Kris, smiling at her. How could he pretend that nothing happened for the past two weeks?

Tiffany groaned and stepped away. She was not going to let this off so easily. She will question him, just not now. She walked towards the bedroom and closed the door right behind her. Not a minute later, the door opened.

Tiffany stood by the window, not planning to move one bit. A pair of warm hands hugged her from behind. They stood like that, just in silence. When Kris finally let go of her, he kissed her shoulder blade and turned her around so that she was facing him.

Tiffany however, made no eye contact with Kris. She was supposed to be angry, but when she saw Kris, her unhappiness just disappeared. She shouldn’t be feeling this way. She was afraid that she would literally melt when their gazes met.

Kris arched her chin so that their gazes met. He knew that Tiffany was unhappy. He carefully pressed his lips onto hers. Maybe she missed him too much, but she responded to the kiss with equal favour.

----------

“Krystal?” a voice called out.

Krystal turned over and saw Minho. So he was calling me, she thought. Minho stepped closer towards her, and she instinctively stepped backwards.

Minho seemed to have sensed that Krystal was trying to avoid him, so he stopped walking towards her. Krystal stopped at the same time, seeing that Minho was no longer stepping towards her.

Minho smiled a faint smile. Was she so afraid of him? Or did she hate him so much that they couldn’t even talk as friends now?

“I heard from Onew that you’re happy with Sehun,” Minho said.

“Yeah, he treats me well,” a grin starting to form on Krystal’s face.

“I know. You’re smiling,” Minho replies.

Krystal’s face suddenly turned red with embarrassment. She hadn’t realised she had been smiling when Minho mentioned Sehun.

Out of the corner, Sehun suddenly appeared, and he looked as Minho and Krystal were almost ten steps away from one another, looking at each other, a grin across Krystal’s face. He looked at Krystal’s smile, and wondered if Krystal did smile that much when they spend time together. He sincerely hoped he was not stepping in in some conversation Minho and Krystal were engaged in.

“Sehun!” Krystal was first to notice him. She was still grinning when she ran to him, and he caught her in his arms.

Minho was shocked. Krystal was not one to show affection for her loved ones like this. When Krystal and he were together, Krystal would never hug him in public like this. Sehun was probably the most important person in Krystal’s life right now, and he knew he had little chance of getting her back again.

“Emm, I guess I’ll get going,” Minho said, his eyes still looking at Krystal.

“Okay, see you around,” Krystal said as she made eye contact with Minho, before turning away to look at Sehun once more.

Sehun looked down at Krystal, smiling at her. But his heart was a mess.

----------

“I heard Wu Yifan is back from China?” Yoona said, while stirring the pot of soup in the kitchen, greeting Luhan who just stepped out of their bedroom.

Luhan ruffled his hair, stepping into the kitchen and hugged his wife from the back. “I don’t know babe, I just woke up. But how do you know Duizhang is back?”

“Unnie called me. She said that Wu Yifan is back from China and I had to stop myself from going to their house to kill the man.” Yoona said

Luhan could only smile at his wife’s words, while rubbing his wife’s shoulders up and down. “Kill is not a good word to use early in the morning, baby. And, could we talk about something else other than Tiffany and Duizhang? I know you’re worried, but I’ll talk to Duizhang about the matter some time, okay?”  

Yoona smiled and turned around. She knew Luhan was reassuring her, and she felt warm and secure whenever he assured her about something.

“Go get washed up, breakfast’s ready!” Yoona said, looking at her husband run back into their bedroom to wash up.

He’s cute, she thought secretly.

-----------

“Wu Yifan! I need to talk to you!” Yoona exclaimed from across the corridor of the SM building when she saw Kris exit the practice room.

“Yoona?” Kris greeted, unaware that Yoona was actually angry at him as he walked towards her.

Yoona smirked, “Wu Yifan! You better not make Tiffany unnie upset!”

“Upset? Is Fany upset?” Kris asked, confused by Yoona’s words. Tiffany had not said anything about being upset upon his return this morning.

“Are you still thinking of her?” Yoona questioned back, choosing not to answer Kris’s question. She had given enough hints of Tiffany being upset, and she thought it would be best if Kris were to ask Tiffany about the problem himself.

“Of course I’m not! I wouldn’t marry Tiffany if I was still thinking about Sooyoung!” Kris exclaimed. Why would Yoona think that way?

“You better not. You’ve broken Sooyoung’s heart, and I wouldn’t want you to break Tiffany unnie’s one,” Yoona said, looking at Kris sceptically. Little people knew about the relationship between Sooyoung and Kris, and Tiffany was the only person who knew the entire story.

“You think that Tiffany is upset, because of Sooyoung?” Kris questioned again. He had to get everything right today, and he didn’t want Tiffany, or her best friends to think that he still loved Sooyoung.

“You really should ask unnie herself. There are invisible problems between the two of you that only you can’t see,” Yoona stated simply before leaving for practice, leaving Kris alone in the corridor.

----------

 

A short chapter :D sorry for not updating soon :D

i didn't cover the other characters mentioned in the foreword, but i'll cover them in the next update!

please subscribe and comment if you like the story!