01

SM Town: Of Love and Friendships

“Are you leaving again? When?” Tiffany whispered, as she looked at her husband packing his suitcase. “Tonight,” was all Kris said, as he continued removing his clothes off the hangers. Tiffany hung her head low, the feeling of loneliness and disappointment rushing through her body. She had planned to spend some time with Kris tonight, since they haven’t spent time for the past two weeks together, with Kris being extremely busy.

Kris looked up at his wife, sighing. Cupping her face in his hands, he looked into her eyes and said, “I thought we’ve gone past this, fany-ah. I’ll be back in a week’s time.” Tiffany tried giving her husband a smile, and he kissed her chastely on the lips before picking up his suitcase and leaving their apartment.

Tiffany stared at the door before sitting down on the couch, playing with her wedding ring. It was hard, incredibly hard to be away from Kris. She loved him too much, and she had naively thought that once they were married, Kris wouldn’t have to travel apart too much. But how wrong she was, he travelled even more often, and her heart ached for Kris, for he always seemed tired. Picking herself up from the couch, Tiffany moved towards her bedroom, and decided to take a good rest before waking up to another day without Kris.

----------

“I know you’re upset, unnie. But it’s their job and they can’t help it.” Yoona explained, trying hard to cheer her Tiffany up, who was still upset that Exo-M had to travel to China so frequently.

“Don’t you feel upset when you’re trying to spend time with Luhan and yet he’s going overseas, again? How many times have they gone overseas this year?!” Tiffany snapped back. She was feeling extremely upset, because Kris was gone, and she knew when Kris had said a week, it would always drag on to more than a week.

“It’s not Yoona’s fault, Tiffany. She’s correct, it’s their job and you should at least try to be more understanding.” Victoria spoke, settling down the plate of fruits that she had been working on in the kitchen on the coffee table.

“I know. I’m just upset. Sometimes, I feel that he doesn’t love me enough. I’m just…” Tiffany whispered, picking up a piece of apple from the plate of fruits.

“Insecure?” Victoria finished off Tiffany’s sentence, while eyeing Tiffany’s reaction.

“You’re still thinking about that?” Yoona asked.

There was a moment of silence, before Tiffany nodded her head.

“Oh gosh, don’t think too much! Didn’t Kris tell you that they were over?” Yoona exclaimed, trying to comfort Tiffany. She hadn’t thought that Tiffany was that insecure over her relationship.

“I know. I just, think that since I’m not the first he loved, he might not love me as much.” Tiffany explained.

“Don’t overthink it, tiffany. From the way I see it, Kris adores you. Everyone can see that Kris loves you, and no one can take Kris away from you. Trust Kris, okay?” Victoria said, while hugging Tiffany close.

“I hope so…” Tiffany murmured. She was still unsure of everything, and she hoped that Kris felt what Victoria and Yoona had said.

---------

“Shim Woo Hyun! How many times have mummy told you not to run down the stairs? You might fall and get hurt!” Victoria exclaimed, while looking at her son run down the stairs. She placed both of her hands on both side s of her hip, staring at her son.

“But daddy said that men fall and get up, and they don’t cry!” Woo Hyun said, staring back at his mummy. He imitated his mummy by placing both of his hands on both sides of his hip.

Victoria shook her head, before pointing to the corner of the living room.

“Go stand there and reflect on what you’ve did wrong, and I’m so going to kill your daddy,” as Victoria whispered the last part of her sentence, stomping her feet up the stairs to the bedroom.

“Shim Changmin! Did you encourage your own son to run down the stairs?” Victoria questioned, pulling off the covers.

Changmin rubbed his eyes, murmuring a simple “What?” before turning over to the other side to try and continue sleeping.

“Answer me first!” Victoria exclaimed, while hitting Changmin’s back.

Changmin turned over, and pinned his wife on the bed, not letting her move. “I’ll answer you when I get this d0ne.” he smirked, before kissing his wife passionately.

----------

Krystal lay on bed with her sister, Jessica.  They were having a girl’s talk, something that they haven’t been able to do regularly like last time ever since Krystal debuted. In fact, Krystal hadn’t remembered when the last time they had a talk like this was.

Relationship problems, Krystal guessed when Jessica sighed and rolled over to the other side.

“Are you still not over Jinki oppa?” Krystal asked cautiously, careful not to anger her sister. Onew was Jessica’s weakness, and sometimes Krystal suspected that he still was.

“I’m over him already, okay?” Jessica  snapped at Krystal before sitting up on the bed, crossing her legs.

“No matter how much you hide it, I can see that you’re still not over him. You never told me what was wrong with the two of you when you broke up with Jinki oppa two years ago. I only knew you initiated the breakup, and that Jinki oppa was devastated.” Krystal spoke, as she placed her hands underneath her head, looking up at the ceiling, still not understanding why Jessica would break up with a guy as good as Onew.

Jessica sighed again, before lying down on the bed once again. “Some things can never be explained, Krystal. You know exactly why. And I’m not the only tangled in some complicated relationship.”

Krystal looked at her sister and rolled her eyes. “At least the feeling’s mutual with Sehun and I. From my opinion, Jinki oppa is over you.”

“There’s not only Sehun. There’s Choi Minho. The man who’s a playboy and you fell for him despite my warnings.” Jessica pointed out.

“I don’t care about Minho anymore. Sehun is all I need.” Krystal said, trying hard to prove to Jessica that she did love Sehun.

“Really? But Sehun’s a good guy. Don’t hurt him.” Jessica said, a crease forming between her brows.

Krystal looked at Jessica in silence. Jessica’s words “Don’t hurt him” lingers in her mind, and she wonders if she really loves Sehun as much as he loves her.

----------

"Hyung, do you know how Krystal is doing nowadays?" Minho asked Onew and sat beside him on the couch, his thoughts lingering back to Krystal.

"She's happy now, Minho. Really happy." Onew said, looking straight into Minho's eyes, as if reprimanding him.

Minho looked away from Onew, breaking eye contact. A pang of guilt rushed through him, and he felt sorry, and guilty. In fact, he had been feeling this way ever since he broke up with Krystal. He shouldn't have cheated, not with her best friend.

"That's great. I guess Sehun does treat her well." Minho murmured, before moving away from Onew and returning to his room.

Onew looked at Minho as Minho returned to his room. He felt sorry for Minho, but he knew that Minho really didn't deserve Krystal as much as Sehun did. Afterall, Sehun treats Krystal really well. He suddenly thought of Jessica, the woman whom he loved so much but broke up with him due to unknown reasons. Two years had passed, and he still didn't understand why Jessica initiatied the breakup. They had been happy, or so he thought.

Onew shook his head, trying to clear Jessica off his mind. From now on, he should make it a point to ignore Minho whenever he talked about Krystal, otherwise he would think of Jessica. Yes, he should do that, as he took a piece of fried chicken from the delivery earlier and continued watching his drama on television. Maybe this way, he would think lesser of the woman he once loved.

----------

 

 

 

Note:

Hello everyone, this is my first time writing a SM Town story. The pairings in this story are mostly my OTPs though :) Also, I thought I would describe a little on the relationships between the main characters.

Firstly, Kris and Tiffany. In this chapter, I think it's quite obvious that Tiffany is actually very insecure, and is having second thoughts about her marriage with Kris. Tiffany knows that Kris loved another before her, and she's pretty worried that Kris might not love her as much as the previous girl. Also, she doesn't know about the plans of Kris going overseas because Kris didn't tell her. She only found out that Kris is going overseas when she came home and found him packing. Kris is very busy, and gives himself a lot of pressure because he's the leader of Exo-M. However, he keeps his problems to himself and does not communicate much with Tiffany.

Secondly, Luhan and Yoona. In this chapter, there isn't much or any Luhan X Yoona interactions. However, Yoona is very understanding of Luhan, knowing that he has to work, and even tries to make Tiffany understand Exo-M's job. Luhan and Yoona have been together longer than Kris and Tiffany are, so Yoona is used to Luhan flying overseas frequently. However, she is very understanding. But, the problems lying underneath this couple will be pointed out in future chapters.

Thirdly, Changmin and Victoria. Victoria is a very strict mom with Woohyun, and she makes sure that Woohyun abides her rules, but he does that to protect her. Changmin, on the other hand, spoils Woohyun a lot. Basically, Victoria plays the bad guy and Changmin plays the good one when educating Woohyun. However, Changmin and Victoria are actually a really sweet couple. Victoria also plays the role of big sister, and the girls always go to her when they encounter problems. 

I'll write about the side characters/couples in the next chapter! :D