Chapter 1

You Are The One

Seohyun was in shock. Luhan left her by herself. Her parents were gone. Her aunt hates her. And to top it off, she didn't even have a sister or brother. Seohyun would be all alone again. Alone in her own little world once again. He walked into her life like a bright light, and now he has left her in the darkness.

**********

Seohyun held the letter in her hands and her face begin to form an expression that she, herself, couldn't understand.

Seohyun tried pinching herself out of her "dream" but nothing happened. She remained sitting on the couch with the letter still in her hands. Water started pooling to the corner of her eyes, tears making their way down to the curve of her lips. Its been so long since she has cried.

Ever since she met Luhan, her life was filled only with joy and happiness. Now things were going to be like it was 2 years ago. All sad and lonely. Seohyun's tears became a flood as they landed on her black jeans, slowly soaking the dark denim fabric.

Seohyun made her way into her bedroom, stumbling a couple times and pulled the blanket over her cold body. It was as if her soul was being taken out of her, leaving her with every passing minute.

She lay in her bed trying to forget the letter that ruined her entire life. A single piece of paper had thrown her life back into darkness once again. 

One thought led to another and eventually her mind was a tangled mass of unexplainable, fragmented ideas.

Why...why did he leave me? Does he still love me? Is he actually leaving? 

Seohyun soon fell asleep after an endless stream of questions. 

**********

She woke to see that the moon was up, already shingin in the serene night. Seohyun checked her clock. 9:30? Seohyun heard her stomach growl as an agitated animal would. 

Seohyun set off to her kitchen in a hurry.

After a battle between how much rice she wanted, Seohyun settled with the more the better after hearing more ferocious growls coming from her stomach. 

She heated some leftover eggrolls and brought them to the counter where her rice cooker slowly changed from the flickering "cooking" light to the "keep warm" light.

Seohyun jumped in delight when her rice was ready to eat. She slowly scooped out some rice and delicately slid it into her bowl, almost afraid that it would jump and run away. She carefully arranged the food on her coffee table in the living room, settling down on the couch. 

She was about to turn on the TV to watch her favorite drama when she noticed something.

The letter. It was lying on the table where the remote had. Suddenly all the words from the letter, the pain from that morning came back to her like a bucket of water was spilled atop of her head. All the happy expressions were gone. As if they were never even there to begin with.

Her heart couldn't take it anymore, but Seohyun no longer cried. Her feelings were frozen, and the tears refused to come. She sat on the couch for a long time, drowned in deep thought. Her dinner grew cold, untouched.