The MC

Living with Idols

 

 

Living with Idols

The MC

 

The meeting was held in FrEsh’s headquarters, right in the middle of Seoul, South Korea. Over twenty people sat clustered around a large mahogany table, listening to the executive producer speak. Currently, he was going over the schedule for the next few months. There was much pre-planning before the show could even officially start filming. Luckily, much had already been accomplished.

Well, at least all the pre-planning that involved Minseo had been almost completed. So, she sat back and vaguely listened to what the producer had to say. The meeting went on for hours before he dismissed the staff.

Truth be told, Minseo was excited to be getting back with group mates after this. She had been separated from them for about a month thanks to all the work that went into getting ready for “We’re Living with Idols” and she really missed them.

However, just as Minseo breathed a sigh of relief and stood from the table, the head producer called her name, telling her to come see him.

 Minseo complied and weaved through the departing staff until she stood in the front of the room.

“Yes, Mr. Kang?” Minseo politely asked, tilting her head to the side as she addressed the man.

“You’ve gotten responses back from all the finalists correct?” he asked, leaning his back against the large table as he locked eyes with Minseo.

“Yes, I’ve submitted all those files to Ms. Jo,” Minseo responded, smiling lightly at the producer. Minseo had submitted all the responses, as well as the legal paper work, that she had received from the lucky finalists to Euna Jo, Mr. Kang’s assistant.

“Good, and all the semi-finalists as well?” he queried again.

“Yes, the semi-finalists as well.”

“Any drop outs?”

“No, sir. They all seemed very enthusiastic about the opportunity,” Minseo replied, remembering the letters she had received from the girls. They had all seemed over-the-top happy about being chosen to appear on the new show.

This time the producer actually cracked a smile and nodded his head. “That’s good to hear. I know you’re going to take good care of everyone.”

Minseo smiled back and shrugged. “I’m going to try my best.” Suddenly, Minseo’s phone beeped and she dug her iPhone from her purse and glanced at the message that had popped up on her screen.

“I’m sorry, but I have an appointment to get to,” Minseo said apologetically, giving him a short bow. “Is there anything else you needed?”

The producer shook his head and stood straight. “No, go ahead and get to your appointment. I don’t want to make you late.”

Minseo nodded and bowed once again before bidding him farewell. As Minseo left the entertainment company’s building, she felt a surge of anticipation sweep over her. She was actually really looking forward for the new show to start and to meet some new people as well as see some familiar faces.


 


 

It was May 26th and the first wave of girls was due to arrive within the hour. Minseo Kwon sat in the backseat of a black van, paging through the profiles she had put together when the finalists and semi-finalists had been chosen. The van was racing to the airport, where she would personally be greeting the girls. In fact, in the van with her was a filming crew that would be taping when the girls disembarked the plane and met Minseo.

Minseo was so absorbed in reviewing the files that she didn’t even notice that they had arrived at the Seoul airport. Only when one of the filming crew tapped her on the shoulder did she look up from her papers.

The crew member jerked her head in the direction of the airport and Minseo nodded, getting the hint.

With one last glance at Elise Kwon, Minseo closed her folder and tucked it away in her large satchel. She threw her satchel over her shoulder and then stepped out of the van after the filming crew. Their vehicle had parked alongside the curb and an identical black van pulled up behind their van. Another production crew climbed out of the second van and quickly joined their group.

Minseo smiled and bowed at the new crowd and once they were all together, they walked into the airport. Within the hour the girls from California would arrive then shortly after them the rest of the girls from the United States were scheduled to touch down.

As soon as they entered the airport, heads turned their way and there were occasional shouts of Minseo’s name. Minseo smiled at her fans and gave them waves as the crew passed.

Finally, they made it to the international terminal and it was there they waited until the female contestants of “We’re Living with Idols” appeared. 


 


 

Author's Note : Just a quick introduction of your MC, Minseo Kwon! The next chapter will be with the contestants again!