Introduction {Part II}

Living with Idols

 

Living with Idols

Introduction {Part II}

 

Jocelynn Moon ;

Location : Philadelphia, PA, USA 

“It’s out! It’s out!” a feminine voice yelled as a white ball flew over the volleyball net, heading out of bounds.

Jocelynn Moon was closest to the ball, but heeded her teammate’s warning and didn’t go after the ball. The volleyball safely landed a good foot out of bounds beside her.

Her team cheered and high-fived each other as they received another point and Jocelynn smiled brightly as she retrieved the ball that had rolled away. Picking up the ball, Jocelynn stepped up to the backline and served the ball over net to the opposing team with her great over-hand serve. 

The game went on another fifteen minutes before Jocelynn’s team reached twenty-five points. Her team and friends came together in the middle of the court and gave a short whoop of success.

Her friends decided to take a break before starting up their next game and they took up the bleachers at the side of gym. Jocelynn plopped down in front of her Nike gym bag and pulled out her water bottle and Blistex. She quickly applied the chap stick before taking a swig of water.

“Hey, good game!” one of her best friends, Miranda, from the opposing team said as she sat down next to Jocelynn. She smiled at Jocelynn and picked up the bag at her feet, lifting a water bottle from its depths.

“Thanks, you too! It’s tied now!” Jocelynn said, lightly elbowing her friend in the ribs.

“Yep! One more game…and we’re totally going to beat you,” her friend teased grinning at Jocelynn.

Jocelynn rolled her eyes and grinned right back at Miranda. “Yeah, right! We’re going to mop the floor with you,” Jocelynn retorted, bumping shoulders with her friend.

“You can say that again!” one of Jocelynn’s teammates, Julie, piped up as she took up the empty spot on the other side of Jocelynn.

“Hells yeah!” Jocelynn hollered, high-fiving her teammate as Miranda just shook her head.

“Whaaaatever,” Miranda sang, continuing to shake her head.

Suddenly, a tinkling rang through the air and Jocelynn perked up. She pulled her gym bag onto her lap and dug through her bag until she pulled out her Android smartphone.

“Text message?” Miranda asked curiously tilting her head to the side as Jocelynn tapped her screen.

“Yeah, new text message,” Jocelynn affirmed, her eyes fixed on the screen as she pulled up her messages. She spotted an unread message and her eyes scanned the message in silence. Jocelynn sat in stunned silence, hanging open in shock for a good two minutes.

Soon her friends began to get worried and Miranda tapped Jocelynn’s shoulder.

“Hey, everything okay?” Julie asked, peaking over Jocelynn’s shoulder.

Jocelynn tore her eyes away from the message and stared at her friends with wide eyes.

“Holy ! I’m going to South Korea!” Jocelynn breathed, her voice b with exhilaration.



 

 

Stephanie Nguyen ;

Location : Santa Clara, CA, USA

School had just let out for senior Stephanie Nguyen. As soon as the bell rang, a mass of students poured into the hallways of the California high school. She waited back in her classroom, slowly packing up her things before shouldering her backpack and leaving class with a quiet “good-bye” to her teacher.

She maneuvered through the crowds and hallways until she reached her locker. She set down her school bag at her feet before unlocking her locker. Various pictures of her friends, her family and SHINee and other K-Pop artists decorated the inside. She smiled slightly as she looked at the pictures then took out all the binders and books she would need for that night’s homework. She deposited the materials into her backpack and she stared down at the contents, ticking off what she needed in her head.

“Okay, I have Anatomy. I have Statistics. I have Government. I’m good to go,” she thought to herself as she closed to door to her locker.

“Oh, shoot, my sketch pad,” she muttered, turning back to her locker and reopening it. She quickly pulled out a worn sketch pad that has various scribbles adorning the cover. She tucked the notebook under her arm then shut the locker once more. Stephanie walked away from her locker and down the still swarming hallways.

As she exited the school building with a few quick good-byes to her friends, she started to leave campus in the direction of her home. Her high school was located in the midst of a suburban town and luckily her home was within walking distance of the school. While leaving campus, surrounded by other chatty students, she pulled out her iPod and plugged in her earbuds. To drown out the chatter of her fellow students, she pressed play then turned up the volume.

Her music effectively cut out the noise of the students and humming to the familiar tune, she flipped open her sketch book as she stepped onto the sidewalk of the main road that led to her neighborhood.

She extracted a pencil from her book bag and began sketching on a crisp blank page. She had walked about a mile when she felt a vibration against her leg.

Sighing, she stashed away her pencil and notepad then pulled out her cellphone. She flipped through her screens until she found her new message. She hesitated because she didn’t recognize the number, but eventually clicked on the message.

“Congratulations, Stephanie! You’ve been selected as a Finalist to appear on ‘We’re Living with Idols’! We’ll send you further details in the next couple of days! I’m looking forward to seeing you on the show! ^^”

As she read the simple message, Stephanie stopped dead in her tracks.

“Whoa, I must be dreaming,” she muttered, her voice strained from the excitement she felt building in her veins.  



 

 

Minhee Park  ;

Location : Los Angeles, CA, USA 

A brown-haired girl laid across the floor of her bedroom, gnawing on her the cap of her pen as she stared down at her paper. She was outlining the short story that was due in her college English class in a week.

When she was satisfied with her outline, she stood and stretched, feeling her back crack. After stretching her arms, she wandered over to her desk and picked up a small bar of white chocolate. She unwrapped her treat and bit off a piece. Smiling in contentment, she skipped back over to her papers, picked them up and set them back down on her bed. Her elbows were a bit too sore from the carpet for her liking.

Jumping onto her bed, she reclined back down and stuck her pen in once more. She looked over her outline, soaking in all her words again before getting to work on the introduction to her story.

Occasionally, she would get stuck, but she would gloss over that part of the story and plow onward. After an hour of writing, she set down her pen and simply looked down at the scrawl on the paper.

Nodding in satisfaction, she took a quick break and finished off another chocolate bar. After a twenty minute break of checking her e-mails and checking Facebook, she returned to her writing. She began her revision process, scratching out this and crossing out that.

A knock on her door roused her from her editing mode.

“Come in!” she hollered, setting down her pen and staring at the white door.

Her roommate, Ava, popped her head in and smiled at Minhee. “Hey!” she said, opening the door and entering the room.

“How’s it going?” she asked, eyeing Minhee’s filled notebook pages.

“Good, thanks,” Minhee said, beaming at her roommate.

“Awesome, do you mind if I read it when you’re done?” she asked. It had become a custom that after Minhee was done with a writing project she would let her Ava read her work. It really warmed Minhee’s heart that Ava was already a fan of her work.

“But of course!” Minhee answered, her smile stretching wider.

“Sweet.” Ava paused then tossed a stack of mail onto Minhee’s plush bed. “I went ahead and picked up your mail.”

“Oh, thanks!” Minhee said, immediately picked up the stack and sorting through everything. In the middle of the pile was a letter postmarked from Seoul, South Korea.

“Oh, hm,” she murmured, opening the envelope without hesitation.

After a few seconds of reading, Minhee ruptured her roommate’s eardrums.

“OhmyGOD!”

 



 

 

Author's Note: O-M-FREAKING-G I updated! lol...I'm glad that everyone seems to be enjoying this so far! Although, the intros are kinda hard to write because I want everyone's to be different and really express their life at the time. *sigh*

Also, as you might have noticed, I'm going in a certain order. *hint* See chapter one. *end hint* 

Oh, and FYI I need pictures of some Finalist OCs since the files given to me no longer work. I need pictures of Aleks Choi {czajra} and Hyemi Kim {GreenBandaid}.

AND! AND! Please, comment! If I don't see comments from people with OCs in the story after a few chapters (three to four chaps), then I will eliminate their OCs from "We're Living with Idols" first and they'll be unlikely to appear much after their elimination. Just warning you. However, it will be a good six chapters before we get to that point. So I'm warning you a head of time 'cause I'm nice like that.