Introduction {Part III}

Living with Idols

 

Living With Idols

Introduction {Part III}

 

 

Aleks Choi ;

Location : Seoul, South Korea

Physics two was a large class, a very large class. There were a little over three-hundred students in the class and consistently over three-quarters of the students showed up to class. Needless to say that Physics two took place in a huge classroom where the professor had little control over the actions and alertness of his students.

So, when Aleks Choi and her friends—who also sat in the very back of the classroom—began chatting, her inattentiveness went unnoticed by the professor. For Aleks, Physics was her least favorite subject and since she had a hard enough time paying attention in classes she liked let alone her least favorite classes it was no surprise that she spent the time in Physics talking or playing games on her computer.

Aleks sat surrounded by her friends, her laptop propped on her knees as she occasionally typed some notes onto the PowerPoint slides distributed by the professor. At the moment the professor was discussing the concept of Quantum Mechanics.

“Hey, do you all want to go see a movie Saturday? That new movie ‘Bloodless’ is coming out,” one of Aleks friends asked.

“Yeah, I’ve been wanting to see that!” Aleks said grinning as she finished typing in a note regarding the Planck constant. “I heard it’s mad scary.”

One of Aleks’ other friends mirrored her grin and piped up, “I heard that, too. I’m in for Saturday.”

 “Awesome.”

“Of course, I’m in!” Aleks said as she minimized the PowerPoint presentation and brought up the Internet. She did a quick search and opened a link to the nearest movie theater.

“Does the evening sound good? We could grab a bite to eat before the movie?” Aleks offered, her eyes scanning the show times for that Saturday.

“That’s good.”

“Yeah, great.”

“That works for me.”

All of her friends gave their consent and Aleks offered a few show times before their group decided on the nine o’clock showing and a dinner at a popular American restaurant near the theater.

Aleks and her friends continued talking about the movie for a good five minutes and until the professor announced the homework that was due in four class days. They all groaned as he announced the homework and Aleks rolled her eyes, knowing she would be putting the work off to the last minute.

Before the professor dismissed class, Aleks did a speedy check of her e-mail. She clicked through the e-mails, finding none interesting until the last. It was from Minseo Kwon, the MC of the new FrEsh show, “We’re Living with Idols.”

“Holy !” Aleks screamed as her professor wrapped up class. All eyes immediately Aleks, especially her friends, and Aleks felt her cheeks burn despite the joy coursing through her veins.

“Uh, sorry,” she said loudly as her professor frowned at her but plowed on as if her outburst had never occurred.

Aleks’ best friend grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her. “What was that about?”




 

 

 

Mikaylia Song ;

Location : Incheon, South Korea

There was nothing Mikaylia Song liked more than working at the veterinary hospital. She absolutely loved working with the animals, the dogs, the cats, the rabbits, the birds and even some of the more exotic pets like ferrets and chinchillas.

At the moment Mikaylia was walking around to each kennel and pouring food into the bowls of her charges, the canines. Lucky for her the animal hospital also served as a kennel for pets when their owners were away on vacation.

Mikaylia loved playing with the dogs and cats since they had to keep them active or they tended to get destructive in their kennel if they were cooped up for too long.

In fact, after she finished feeding all the boarding dogs she was going to be taking out some puppies to the play area in the back of the hospital. After feeding the dogs and giving some of her favorites a scratch behind the ears, Mikaylia stashed away the food then retrieved four leashes. She walked over to the cages and got out her four puppies that she would be playing with. Two of them were beagle puppies while one was Papillon mix puppy and the other was a Border Collie puppy.

“Okay, guys, outside time!” Mikaylia sang to her pups once she had secured them all on their leashes.

 They all pulled at the leash, excited for their exercise time and the Papillon mix would occasionally yap its happiness as Mikaylia walked them to the back of the building. Once they were in the gated playground with the door to the hospital firmly shut, Mikaylia released her furry friends.

The puppies bounded across the grass much to Mikaylia’s delight and one of the beagle puppies nuzzled against her leg. This was  Jazz, Mikaylia’s absolute favorite puppy. She bent down and gave the puppy a long rub down as the other puppies tussled with each other.

Mikaylia played around with the dogs, chasing after them and then them chasing after her. She played fetch and even tug-of-war with the Border Collie puppy and after they were tired out, she put them back on their leashes.

When she had put each one back in their individual kennel, she checked her watch and decided to take her break as her stomach growled.

In the small break room, she grabbed her lunch and her purse. As she munched down on her homemade chicken and rice, she checked her messages on her phone. She had a few from her friends which she quickly replied back to. There was one message from a number she didn’t recognize and she saved that message for last. It was a message from someone named Minseo Kwon. The name sounded slightly familiar to her, like she should know who that was, but she just couldn’t remember.

And when she looked at that message her jaw dropped—and she promptly freaked out, causing one of her co-workers to slosh soup onto her lap.




 

 

 

Elise Kwon ;

Location : San Francisco, CA, USA

Elise Kwon had a smile on her face as her seven-year-old dog, Shadow, jumped around her in excitement for her up-coming walk.

Elise giggled and affectionately patted her Akita’s head. “Down, Shadow, down.”

Shadow immediately obeyed and sat on her hindquarters as Elise grabbed the leash from the top shelf in the laundry room. She attached the leash to Shadow’s collar and whistled, signaling her dog to follow her. She led Shadow out the laundry room door and into the garage. The garage door was already open and so Elise walked Shadow out of the garage, down the driveway and started down the sidewalk of her suburban neighborhood.

Shadow trotted beside her, her white elegant head occasionally twisting from side to side to watch other people walk by and cars whiz down the street. Elise enjoyed her daily walks with Shadow. She enjoyed the alone time it gave her with Shadow, but she also enjoyed being outside with the sun shining on her face.

It was early April, cloudless and mild, and the spring breeze kept Elise and Shadow cool.

About mid-way through the traditional loop around the neighborhood, Elise decided to plug into her music. She pulled out her cell phone while keeping pace with Shadow and pulled up her playlist. Before she the first song, she extracted her earbuds from her pocket and popped one earbud into her ear, while keeping the other one out. Going back to her playlist, she selected a song and pressed play.

She hummed along to the song and would occasionally sing some lyrics to Shadow.

While listening to her music, Elise was alerted of a new text message on her phone. Curious, she pulled up her messages and opened the new message.

“Hihi! This is Minseo Kwon from FrEsh! I have some great news for you! You’ve been selected as a Finalist for FrEsh’s new show—and my new show ^^--We’re Living with Idols! Congratzzz, Elise Hsiung!”

Elise had stopped walking as soon as she finished reading the message. Shadow had also halted in front of Elise and looked at her owner inquisitively, tilting her head to the side as she watched Elise stand rooted to the ground.

A huge smile broke out across Elise’s lips and a very unladylike squeal erupted from .

Just as Elise was about to dance around out of sheer happiness, her cell phone alerted her of another text. It was from this Minseo Kwon.

Elise quickly opened the text for a brief instant fearing that her Finalist status might have been taken away from her.

But it wasn’t.

“Oh, and I forgot to say that more details will be coming to you in a couple of days! See you when I see you! – Minseo K.”

Okay, Elise was officially the happiest girl in the world—and her dog, the most freaked out as her owner bolted down the sidewalk, laughing hysterically all the while crying tears of joy.    


 


 

 

Author's Note: I really wanted to get this up Saturday, but my laptop died. I got a new one, but obviously I had to update it and break it in first before I could focus on this story. I'm hoping to write up a lot of the next chapter today, although, I won't be able to write or post anything Wednesday or Thursday because I'm working twelve hour shifts. *sigh*

 

I still need one more Finalists' picture and that's Hyemi Kim {GreenBandaid}!!

 

I also want to say again: Don't forget to comment. I'm going to require a comment per three chapters for the Finalists if you want to stay in the "show" for as long as you can. Once again if you fail to do this I will eliminate your OC and you won't see much of them. In fact, I might bring in some of the Semi-Finalists to replace some Finalists if a decent number of Finalists don't leave comments. I hate to sound like a jerk, but I'm writing this and writing about your OCs for your enjoyment...and, well, if your not commenting (and I'm assuming your not reading), you're not enjoying! Therefore, I'll focus more on people that are commenting/enjoying this!