(DRAMAS!)

My Angel, Park Chanyeol (나의 천사, 박찬열)

Hi Ya'll! Sorry I wasn't able to put out a chapter today, but I did make this! When you wanna watch a good drama, please look back to this, this has some of the msot awesome dramas ever from 2011-2012!

It's a list of 10 dramas I loved! Please read! These dramas are AMAZING!

Intense, Angsty, Superhero-style Drama: Gaksital, City Hunter

Cute Fluff/RomCom: Personal Taste, My GF is a Gumiho, Protect the Boss

Romance/a bit of sadness but has a happy ending: Queen Inhyun’s Man, Secret Garden, King 2 Hearts

Sageuk/RomCom: Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Arang and the Magistrate

 

Dramas Airing Now:

Gaksital (30 episodes, but it goes by quickly): This is the drama we were talking about at lunch at your house! So, this man named Kangto (Joo Won) is from a poor family. His older brother (who was the hope of the family) is tortured by the Japanese police, and can no longer support his family, so Kangto becomes a pro-Japanese Korean police officer who is hated by his own fellow countrymen, who label him as a traitor. His mission is to kill Gaksital (Bridal Mask) who fights for Korea's independence, but later finds out who his true identity is. (Okay, this drama has the highest ratings in korea right now by far, and although there are times where this drama is super sad, it's just SO good, every scene leaves me hanging on the edge. Every episode gets better and better, especially right now (episode I swear I can hear the squeals from all over the world.) There's a lot of action scenes and a lot of evil, cruel, people but the acting is AMAZING, and it was really interesting to see Korea's history play out as a drama.

Arang and the Magistrate: I was super surprised about this one! It was labeled as fantasy, so I was like "meh". I don't like fantasy that much. I did like the leads, but I wasn't that interested until I watched it! The fourth episode just aired, and I watched all of them today, it was super great! It's about a girl who called Arang, the daughter of a magistrate during the Chosun Dynasty, who's brutally murdered. The woman returns from the dead as a ghost, still full of light-hearted mischief and spirited fun. When she meets a young magistrate, Eun Oh, she discovers that he has the unique ability to communicate with the dead. She convinces him to help her uncover her killer and bring the person to justice. Can a ghost and a magistrate team up to solve a murder mystery and punish the wrongdoer? (haha that's the synopsis) But anyways, it has some hilarious and cute scenes in it so far, and the acting is really good! (Shin Min Ah + Lee Junki)

2011/2012 Complete/Ready-to-go:

Sungkyunkwan Scandal: This was my first sageuk drama, I was a little reluctant to watch it because I don't really understand traditional korean back in the day, but I looooved the actors and it was so popular, I ended up watched it and it was sooooooo cute! This girl basically pretends to be a boy and enters Sungkyunkwan, and she meets Sunjoon (Micky Yoochun-cutiee-, Geuroh (Yoo Ah In-swoon-), and Yeorim (Song Joong Ki-adorableee-). They become the F4 during the Chosun Dynasty! It is soooo cute! I literally fell in love with all of them!

Queen Inhyun's Man: Okay. Definitely one of my favorites from this year. It's a romantic comedy about how this scholar (who can fight as well) named Kim Boong Do (Ji Hyun Woo) goes through a time warp and arrives in 2012, 300 years later. He meets Choi Hee Jin (Yoo In Na), a no-name actress who is expecting a career renaissance through her role as Queen In Hyun in a TV drama. Oh my gosssh, this drama is so romantic and a bit cheesy, but for a time traveling drama, it is sooo good! It's a sageuk/modern fusion drama, and it aired on cable, and I had read about it on Dramabeans (this site), so I decided to watch it and it was weird at first but became extremely addicting and I rewatch it now! :) (and the main leads are now going out, and are a happy couple)

Secret Garden: This one features Hyunbin and Ha Ji Won, so it's pretty much amazing already. ;) I don't want to give too much away, but to sum it up, a poor stuntwoman called Gil Ra Im and a rich CEO named Kim Joo Won switch bodies, and they're forced to try to live normally until they figure out how to undo the spell. It sounds cheesy, I know, but there's a reason why this drama won practically every award last year. Hehe. It's so frickin funny and the writer of this drama is amazing, so I definitely recommend this one. A lot of other dramas tried to do the body-switch plot after this drama, but none of them were even half as good. <3

City Hunter: LEE MIN HO! Okay this one is an romance/action drama. Not so much funny, but if you are a die hard Lee Min Ho fan like me, you can sit through this one without bothering to leave the seat. This drama was THE most intense drama I watched last year. The first episode was heartbreaking, the second episode was better, and then it started on a roll and everyone was glued to the screen, watching Lee Min Ho in his hideous pink skinny pants (don't let it get to you, he stops wearing them after a while..he's the only one who can kinda pull them off with his long legs) but extremely attractive fighting skills. I warn ya, I'd watch an episode of this, then sit back and watch Personal Taste so that I could relax from all the tension. :) (also took over the #1 spot for ratings when it aired)

Personal Taste: This one is so UNDERRATED. Lee Min Ho is adorkable and I watch this one when I need some laughs or when I'm feeling down, because his character is just so perfect. A woman called Kae-in (Son Ye Jin) finds out that her boyfriend got married with her best friend, and plans to get revenge, but doesn't know how. She's like a lil' puppy who's lost, because she doesn't know what happened, and how it happened. She happens to meet a man named Jinho who she thinks is gay, and he basically becomes her roomate and helps her get revenge on her ex-boyfriend. It's so cute and it is one of my favorite dramas ever.

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho: Lee Seung Gi, Shin Min Ah

Oh god…this drama. This is about as cute as it gets. My friends and I watched this one together and it definitely has a weird plot. Very odd. But it’s so irresistible.. Some people think it’s too baby-ish and too corny, but there are times when girls need to watch something super cute and funny to make their day better, and this drama is a remedy for sadness. It has the best ending ever, and I honestly think that the perks of this drama make it original and fun to watch. This one was also..GASP..one of the most popular dramas last year!

Other dramas, if you wanna check them out (these all are really good, but I didn’t pick them as the top dramas because there were somebits that I disliked..)

 

King 2 Hearts: SPOILER ALERT!!!!

 

 

 

my favorite character went to heaven

Protect the Boss: started to drag near end..I get bored easily :P

 

King 2 Hearts: Lee Seung Gi, Ha Ji Won

I actually loved this drama with all my heart until I got to the end. The two main characters have a happy ending, so that was great, but one of the side characters (who I was madly in love with) dies. I’m telling you this, (I’m sorry about the spoiler) but I don’t want you to end up heartbroken like me to find that he lives until the second to last episode. Which doesn’t sound THAT bad, but he stole every viewer’s heart… L That being said, this drama was AMAZING and the acting and everything was great, it was just my opinion that the writer was extremely stupid for killing off one of the best characters. Other than that, everyone ends up happy and it had one of the highest ratings this year. <3

Protect the Boss: Ji Sung, Jaejoong

My mom and I watched this together, we had tons of fun watching. We sat on the bed and ate popcorn and chips and laughed and laughed. It’s pretty much a romantic comedy that has some priceless moments and it’s a totally great drama. Loved it. The only problem was that it dragged on a bit near the end. But it all works out! J

 

So! That’s the list! Haha it seems long, but it’s not really! When you watch a drama that you really like, you keep pressing the next episode button without realizing it.. :D at least, that’s what happens to me.

All of these dramas except for Queen Inhyun’s Man are available at viki.com (English subs) and viki is a great site to use but the only problem is that as HILARIOUS as some of the comments are, some of them are super annoying and when that happens, just turn the comment button thing off (I usually don’t, but sometimes I want to), and the comments will stop appearing at the top of the video. Queen Inhyun’s man is available at dramacrazy.com.

 

ANYWAYS, LOVE YOU ALL! THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING!