Remember..you?

My Angel, Park Chanyeol (나의 천사, 박찬열)

"Remember you? What do you mean?" I tried to think back to my middle school days. I would have remembered him if he went to high school with me. "Were you by chance...?"

"Yes?" He asked eagerly.

"In my seventh grade class? Miss Kim? Right?" There was a really good soccer player in that class..

"Uh, I don't think so." He looked disappointed.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "Do you live in Gyeongdo?"

"Not that I'm aware of," he replied.

"I'm sorry! I just..it's just..what do you mean, remember you? I don't understand. We just met today." I said.

"We met a long time ago. But it's all right. I won't change my wish. I'll just wait for you to remember." He smiled.

"Right. Well, I should go." Dang it, what was I saying? I didn't have anywhere to go.

"Where's your house--Gyeongdo?"

"Um, well. It's uh, around here." I stuttered.

"I'll walk you."

"No!" I shouted. "I mean--I'm sorry. I just, not today. I have someplace to go."

"Where? I'll walk you there." He seemed honest, but where was I supposed to walk to? And it didn't seem like he was giving up.

"Um..just to the convenience store!" Dang it. I didn't even know where that was.

"There are none here. Wait, are they?" He looked around for a moment. "You don't have to lie, you know. I just want to make sure you get home safely."

I stole a look at him. He was definitely handsome. He was tall, with big eyes and he had one of the nicest smiles I'd ever seen. And his voice was deep, but full of sincerity.

"It's nothing personal," I told him. "It's just.." I hesitated.

"You can tell me."

"I don't exactly have a place to go tonight." I sighed. How did I end up telling this person and not anyone else?

An unexpected laughter came out of his deep voice. "Well, why don't you say so? C'mon, lets go to my house. I have this extra room that I never use, and I'll cut the room fee just for you. Free breakfast, too!" he joked. But before I could say anything, he dragged me to his car and opened the door. I paused for a second, met his eyes, and then found myself in the seat next to him as he drove down the highway.

Surprisingly, his house was extremely close to the bakery. "Home, sweet home," he said as he opened the front door. His condo was beautiful. I knew he was probably getting paid a lot, and he was the CEO's son, so...I guess it made sense and all. Nevertheless, I couldn't help from "ooing and ahhing" at how neat and pretty the interior of the rooms were.

             "You can use this room," he told me. The room was a light pink, with flowery curtains and tile floors. There was a white desk in the corner, and a clean bed was made next to the window. It felt cozy.

When he turned to walk out, I grabbed his arm. "Wait," I said. "Thank you. You helped me, no questions asked. I'm really grateful. It seems that you keep helping me, but I haven't helped you out yet."

             "Just remember me. That's my only wish. The one favor you can do for me. Good night, Younhee," he whispered softly.

"Good night," I said, but he had already left. He was so....mysterious. Which was weird, because he didn't seem like he was hiding anything, but I couldn't help but wonder about him. He was always there when I needed someone's help.

             I woke up early, before dawn, and made the bed. I planned to stick a note to his room door, but the door was open. I peered in. That was weird. He couldn't be up so early, and this was definitely his room. I stepped into the room. There were pictures, tons of pictures, plastered all over the wall. On his bed, there was a small scruffy bear. I took a look at the pictures. A lot of them were of random people, but they were beautiful. There were a lot of pictures of the rain. There was a lot of amazing scenery as well. I didn't expect him to have such a calm and artsy side to him. He definitely had photography talent.

There were three guitars, two of which were acoustic, and one electric. As I found myself looking at the sheet music, I suddenly felt like I was being too creepy and I slipped out of the room. I had the note in my hand when I saw him on the couch, one arm hanging off, his long legs sticking out from the end. Why was he sleeping here? I knelt down and looked at his features. He would be perfect to draw, I thought. I instinctively took out my phone and took a picture of his serene and pretty face. It didn't occur to me of how weird this was, until I realized I had spent about five minutes just looking at him. I stuck the note on his forehead softly, and left.

Here's what the note said:

                                              Park Chanyeol-sunsu (athlete), it was an honor to meet you. keke.

                                      I'm sorry I didn't recognize you at the subway, you must have been shocked. heh.

                                   I'd like to thank you for helping me out several times. I will be sure to repay you back

                                      for your kindness. Promise! Thank you again! :) Fighting! Have a good day.

                                                                                          -Younhee

It was still too early, but I went to the bakery anyways. I had a sudden idea that involved me making a cake for him, and I was so excited, I started immediately. It would be a simple creamy cake with strawberries, kiwis, blueberries, and mini tangerines layered on the surface. On the bottom would be cookie crumbs. Five o'clock came early, but luckily, I was able to make the cake without anyone coming in before I hid it in my locker.

"Younhee-ya." I turned my head to see Kai next to me.

"Kai! You're early," I said.

"Yeah. I couldn't sleep." He did indeed look tired. He had dark circles around his big eyes.

"Sleep for thirty more minutes," I suggested. "I'll be quiet, don't worry. And you look like you need more sleep." I gave him a blanket and he sat down on a comfy chair, and I watched him fall asleep. Kai was always so quiet around me, but never around the boys. Secretly, he was one of my favorites though, because it seemed that he was always on my side from the very start. Before I was officially hired, the boys were reluctant to have a girl working, but Kai said that I would probably be the hardest worker out of all of them. And he always took over my shifts when I was needed a break. I smiled. I was lucky to have a good friend like Kai. But now, all the boys were good to me, and I suddenly felt a wave of satisfaction come over me. There were definitely people in worse situations than I was in.

As he slept, I took out the picture of Chanyeol, and took out my sketch pad. I had drawn countless people, all of the boys, my grandfather, a neighbor's dog, and now, I would draw the famous soccer player, Park Chanyeol. I carefully penciled his soft features and shaded the shadows of his face. But it was then that it occured to me that it was odd that I had taken a picture of his sleeping face, so I drew his eyes open. It was not my best drawing, and it was too hastily drawn, but I wanted to give it to him with the cake when the cake was still fresh..Heh. I had placed the cake and drawing in a box just as the rest of the boys were coming in. (the main picture at the top is a quick drawing i did of chanyeol, does it look a little like him? hope so!)

             The day went by slowly, but when Kai came back and there wasn't anyone else on the list, I gave the box to him, and the address. He took it, (of course he didn't know it was from me), and drove off on his motorbike.

Everything was going as usual until I received a call late in the afternoon.

                 "Hello?"

                 "Hi, this is Sharon, from the San Francisco Child Orphanage. Is this Younhee?"

                 I dropped the phone, and suddenly, I got dizzy. It couldn't be..It couldn't..

==========================================================================

And there you have it!

Ahh, so I will leave you a hint about Chanyeol's wish. I don't want to spoil it, but I will just say that Younhee won't remember until she opens her heart about the past.

So, please enjoy! :) Thank you so much! <3