Wishful Thinking

Seaside

 

 

It was a Saturday morning, and the weather was nice. Perfect for a date. I could proudly say to myself—and with satisfaction—that I had the best timing ever in planning dates. 

 

 “Yesung!” Someone greeted me from behind, with a smile that always made my heart skip a beat. I watched his beautiful face and charming fox eyes that shone under the morning sun, staring at me full of love. I returned the smile with a grin and held his hand tightly while guiding him to the sea.

 

Are you wondering who I was talking about? Well, it was just my perfect boyfriend that you would never have while I'm still alive in this wonderful world. Want to know his name? I guess I could give you at least that much. His name is Lee Sungmin, currently a senior in SJ High. We entered the same school, and we're on the same level, but we were on different classes, so we tried to spend all our free time with each other and had a date now and then. After all, I promised his parents that our relationship would never be a hinder to his studies.

 

Now, back to reality.

 

We started walking along the beach, talking about each other’s life. I talked about the time when my older brother, Heechul, and his boyfriend, Han Geng, once fought about a picture where Han Geng was holding hands with a girl. They only stopped fighting when I told them that I manipulated the picture and that the girl was Heechul. Heechul nearly killed me that time;  the memory alone made me shiver.

 

Sungmin couldn't stop laughing beside me. We continued talking and didn't realize that we were talking for almost two and a half hours. It was already time for lunch when we did, so we went to the nearest beach house. Even while we were eating our lunch, we never got tired of talking.  

 

After stuffing ourselves with unexpectedly delicious food from the cheap beach house, I led Sungmin to a yacht personally owned by my best friend, Kyuhyun. I had to beg for that evil, rich, game-addict to lend it to me for my date. Fortunately, after several threats and blackmails, he finally agreed to my request. Which I found weird because he was not the type to be threatened easily. Then again, it was probably because he was in such a good mood— Ryeowook finally answered him after a long courting.

 

Once Sungmin saw the yacht, he squealed and asked me if we were going to ride it. I just nodded at him, showing an amused smile, while he ran enthusiastically to the yacht. I knew he would love it. He always told me how much he loves the sea and that his never-ending hobby was fishing. In fact, I first saw him on this beach. He was picking up the trashes that littered the ground. Being the kind person I was, I helped him, and our friendship started. **

 

Now that I thought about it, whenever we had a date, he never failed to mention fishes I never thought existed before. Oh well, my dear brain, please remind me to thank him because without him, I would be completely ignorant of the Borna snakehead or megamouth shark.

 

My thoughts were cut off when I heard Sungmin shouting my name. I ran to the yacht and was welcomed by his melodious laugh, echoing along the sea. “You’re so slow!” he said.

 

We rode the yacht and sat beside each other, both of us holding a fishing rod. We didn’t say anything; being in each other’s presence was enough for us. Feeling the sea breeze that touched my face, I slowly held Sungmin’s free hand with my small ones (I admit it, alright? I have small hands, and I’m proud of it) and squeezed it lightly. I wish this will never end. I wish we would always be by each other’s side. Till death do us part. But little did I know that these wishful thinking were only that—wishful thinking. It was impossible, and forever, it will be.

 

waahhh! done with the first chapter!! I know it's short but please forgive me! I will try to update later or tomorrow if I can. Critics are loved and accepted. Please subscribe if you like the story.  

**I will write about their first meeting some other time. The story might get too confusing if I write it now.