Chapter Eight

Lost In Mertan

 

Three days of the seven mens home stay, which was similar to hotel but free, amy was preparing food for breakfast, which consisted of ramen today and not there usual bowl of cereal, the others, especially the men where delighted upon hearing it and yelled "RAMEN!" so loud she could feel the glass shaking, which of course was just sarcasm applied. Not.

Victoria was basically vexing heechul with the fact that she wanted to have his mr pinkey since it remindedher of her own but heechul refused at all costs.

Taking a metal spoon from the kitchen she stired the noodles and observed the room.

"hey Julia what book you're reading?" Amy asked.

"rangers apprentice." She replied.

"ew how could you read books?" said victoria who was only recovering from the loss of her bunny.

"books are boring!" said arena.

"hah." She said and took a chessball from her packet of chips and munched them loudly.

"and mary what are you doing?"

"tidying." She replied.

"cause you all don't clean your mess up!" she said angrily. "don't you feel bad for me whenever Im forced to do this?"

"no." Said arena.

"I'll help soon. and arena..." Amy said only to see Korean popstar obsessed arena, doing what all Korean popstar obsessed people do on her laptop, at 8 am in the morning. "so what are YOU doing huh oh so cool one?"

"what do you think I'm doing?" she said frozen as her eyes refused to blink. "korean bands and im looking up the pereon camera 2000. damn i want that camera so bad."

"save up." said amy.

"of course. i've been saving up for weeks."

"are you still on those antikorean websites?" Amy said groaning.

"yes." She replied. "there interesting."

"and how?" questioned amy.

"because most of this is fake, theres no way someone as perfect as sjungoo will take ." Said arena.

"so its interestingly stupid?" said Julia raising her eyebrow.

"um..." said arena thinking to herself.

"YES." Amy said.

"you are obsessed arena." Said Julia.

"mad obsessed." Amy agreed.

Julia groaned. "like they say, you can be obsessed with liking someone, or obsessed with hating someone, some are obsessed to the extent of stalking—your are obsessed to the extent of like and hate stalking. So your not only a stalker, but an obsessed stalker, which adds to the creepiness."

"call me back when you start making sense." Said arena.

"hit me up when you do to." Said Julia and the others came into the room.

"morning beauties!" said heechul and walked into the room. "hello my darling what are you doing?" he said to arena and arena turned the computer towards him, heechul looking like he was being stabbed multiple times.

"wow are you alright heechul?" amy said.

"oh thats too cruel." He said. "I swear his head wasn't THAT big."

"oh its beautiful..." said hang geng getting out a napkin from his pocket and wipping his eyes then when the others stared at him his expression turned oblivious. "who would do such a thing?"

"hey..." said ryeowook. "would they do that to us when we become po—"

And at that moment Hang Geng stepping on his foot and kibum the other and kangin placed his hands over ryeowoks mouth and pulled him into a room and locked the door.

"WHAT THE HELL?" said donghae. "are you crazy?"

"yes you are." Said Julia and they moved 3 meters away from the door, if the room was even that bid.

"whats wrong?" he said innocently. "what did I do?"

"they can't know that we are going to be super stars!" said kangin. "they can't know anything!"

"why not?" said ryeowook.

"cause things are better that way!" he replied. "don't you understand? If they know were going to be superstars, how will they treat us? Theres no way in the hell they'll treat us normally and the fan girls will plan revenge once they find out. Don't you want to be treated normally for the last month? I swear, I heard that that arena girl is one crazy son of a —"

"stop kangin!" said donghae. "what hes trying say is that, where losing the whole purpose of this vacation, our last chance as human beings, don't wreck it for us cause after we become famous we'd rather be treated normally and regret our last experience. And anyway, if that arena girl really does find out shes going to our asse—"

"STOP! DONGHAE." Said siwon. "enough enough, you get it right? They can't know. Never. Maybe that arena girl will find out well atleast she'll find out after we're back in korea, which is 2 months time, listen, we're going to try and get back to korea, one week before, and by then they can't know. Got it guys?"

"yes." they said.

"right ryeowook?"

"yes." He replied.

"okay, lets get out." And they slammed opened the door.

"what the hell was that?" said amy. "you broke both of ryeowooks foot, kidnapped him then nearly breaked down the damn door serious what is going on in here?"

"oh nothing." They said suspiciously. "just discussing some personal things."

"right..." she replied. "okay well, ramens done, its on the table if you want some."

Amy eyed Julia peculiarly. "these boys are physcos, were going to have to pay for a new door." 

When they were all seated happily, and had done some impersonations of some people in the house, both negative and... mostly just negative, amy had brought upon news.

"um, I talked to my boss yesterday." She said after chewing some noodles. "I asked if he was looking for more workers and he said a few and he said who and I said you guys and he said if there worthy of it and prove that they are right for the job then yes..." she had their full attention. "I was hoping it would help... pay for your tickets back to korea?"

The others smiled estactically. "great! Sure, how much do we get a week?"

Amy looked at her five friends sceptically. "we get paid by pieces and how much we do... we make approximately 800 a week for all of us..."

"800?" they yelled indreduously. "for five girls? Theres under 200 dollars a week for each girl!"

"yea well..." I said. "its better than nothing and it was hard enough for me to get this job in the first place. So what do you say?"

"sure..." they replied. "so when do we start?"
"well I wont say you actually 'got the job' yet... the boss likes to um 'test hte limits' of his workers and consider if they are eligible in having the job..." she replied.

"and when she means 'limits' she dosen't mean your full potential... the boss means, full potential plus endurance and if your full potential isn't enough to qualify then you won't be able too."

"we're strong men." Said kangin. "with the exception of ryeowok."

"hey!" he said getting up and sungmin hugged him.

"so what kind of job is it?"

"you'll see..." replied amy. "you'll see..."

"its easy!" said victoria.

"yea!" said mary.

"super easy." Said arena still infront of her laptop, her eyes not flickering.

Amy shook her head and rolled her eyes. "you'll see..."

They strolled through the streets, their, well super juniors clothes defiantly not tolerable enough to satisfy the participates of mertain. super junior had decided to wear what had been a plain tshirt and some loss fitting pants which they were to go work with and didn't mind if they dirtied, and amy and her other friends wore work clothes indentical to another which was claimed a plus, though none of them liked.

"so do wehave to wear those dory outfits once we're employed?" said kangin incredulousy.

"yes. You hae to wear those 'dorky' clothes." Replied amy.

"I reckon their kinda cute." Said arena. "mary looks adorable!"

"no I don't!" she replied. "you do!"

"no you do!' replied arena. "your so much prettier!"

"no you are!" said mary. "I'm ugly!"

"no! Your pretty mary!" said arena.

"no your prettier!" said mary.

"your prettier!" replied arena.

"chicks." Said kangin groaning.

"WE GET IT NOW SHUT UP." Yelled Julia and they did instantly.

"awww, so mean Julia..." said victoria.

Putting victoria and Julia was like putting the elements of good and bad together, they were just too distinguishable from another and placing them together by force was like asking them for trouble. From day one, victoria had disliked julias deamnour instantly and Julia couldn't stand her existence in the house, debating multiple times the reason why we should leave her out in the middle of antartica as soon as possible.

"SHES NOT NORMAL!" said Julia. "SHES NOT WHAT YOU THINK SHE IS! SHES—"

"what?" the others said.

"ANNOYING." Said Julia.

"tough luck Julia." Said arena one again, her eyes flickering the screen of the computer.

"I know you can stand her..." said amy her hands on her shoulder. "but... you are stronger than that. Just forget about her."

Also, did I mention already that Julia was a very composed girl? Another reason why victorias personality was as vexing as Julia made it sound. And they say opposites attract.

"um, you didn't answer the question?" said kangin.

"both wear the same, its supposed to be a mens job." Said amy.

"a mens job? Manual work?" said siwon.

"I guess." She replied. "I told you, it was the only job that'd accept people like us to work for them. We have a terrible reputation and the factory we're working is looked down alot too."

"what kind of terrible reputation?" they said.

I turned to face them. "things just 'happen to us'."

"why?" they asked.

"We don't know why probably because the mertan curse." Said amy. "and for that reason things just happen... like this." And she laughed nervously.

And when they had reached the factory, smoky with chimney pips pointed vertically to the sky, its orb like tops and thick poles as support made it looked, somewhat classy.

"smoke everywhere. Thats why everyone hates this place." Said Julia. "usually, even the dumpsters aren't as dirty as this place. Which is why there aren't that much workers, though theres still enough workers to get the factory going, they are mostly migrants in need of money."

"oh..." they said. "I see."
"come." Said amy and they followed.

When they had walked up a flight of stairs which amy had stated lead to the bosses officers, whom was a severly angry man in his 50's who enjoyed making little girls cry with the addition of grown men whenever an opportunity occurred and who loved the smell of money, the look of money and the things you could do with money, which wouldn't be possible... without money.

Victoria knocked weakily on the door, which arena groaned and knocked herself, failing on the attempt.

"I swear the door is so damn hard!" she said and Amy groaned and clicked on the doorbell. "theres a reason why you know? Have you ever thought of the fact that maybe he likes seeing and hearing girls in pain—"

The door swung immediately opened amy fell back and sungmin grabbed her by her waists and pulled her bag, saving her from a fatal blow in the face.

"uh thanks..." she said nervously and straightened up, his fingers around her rarely touched waists felt very new and felt too mature for her own tastes to the point where she felt she had done something very dirty. But she liked it, his hands seemed very comforting.

"your welcome..." he said. "aren't I your saviour?"

"well come in... I see these are the seven boys you were talking about." Said the boss.

The members of super junior cringed in fright, memories of manager Gemini gave them the creeps.

They were frozen.

Amy repeated. "come in!"

And shaking their heads they came back to reality and their senses and walked in cautiously, wondering if the room had prepared a trap for reasons such as execution which they'd rather avoid.

The boss situated himself behind his table, both hands cupped in a ball which made a resting spot for his chin, he looked up at them, and began to laugh. A definite reminder of manager Gemini and they were suddenly glad that they fired him despite the guilt that they had felt earlier. Was master Gemini looking for them? Did he care enough anymore to care if they arrived back in Australia safetly that he neglected calling their hotel and ask if they were there in pieces?

"do you remember girls? What tests I put on you last time to prove yourselves?"

"yes." They replied.

"well lets triple that up since only because I tripped it 'down' cause you were mere females without build, however... these men, fit and young. Just what I need. Shall I give you a tour with some instructions?"

And he got up from his chiar and walked out the door, holding the door for them as they were forced to walk through and ryeowook tugging on sungmins arm.

"we'll be okay..." said sungmin. "we'll be okay." And he smiled at hte boss as they each walked out.

Upon walking down the stairs in an intimidating atmosphere and through certain doors, they realised instantly what work they were going to be doing, it defiantly was manual work and since the boss said he was going to double it up for the men, it was only normal to presume that they were going to be lifting what felt like weights.

The boss turned around. "here we are."

And it was then that they were exposed to an empty room in terms of living things, this including bugs, and were instead filled with rows of boxes containing substances in which they were to stack and then push them outside where a person was waiting to push them inside the truck where they were to shift them off overseas.

"I hope that you'll consider carrying 2 boxes at a time. I'll wait." He said and the others nodded.

"this will be easy." Kangin said and once4red he carried both boxes he was out the door, but ryeowook was struggling, when carrying one box looked like was about to die from exhaustion and in horrible pain. He dropped the box and all content of it fell out and smashed on the ground. He looked up only to see the boss with a fuming countenounce.

"IM SO SORRY IM SO SORRY!" said ryeowook grabbing the items and placing them into the bag and amy quickly ran to him, helping him and ryeowook thanked her.

"HEY YOU! WEAKLING! WHATS YOUR NAME?"

"ryeowook sir!" he replied.

"HEY AMY! DON'T YOU DARE HELP HIM."

"BUT—"

"NO BUTS!" yelled the boss and may gave ryeowook a sad look and put her hand on his shoulder with an encouraging smile.

"GET UP! MOVE ON! THATS COMING OUT OF YOUR FRIENDS BILL AT THE END OF THE WEEK!" he yelled. "UNLESS YOU MAKE UP FOR IT!"

By now kangin had arrived. "what happened?"

"YOUR WEAK FRIEND DROPPED A COUPLE OF MY ITEMS AND NOW ITS COMING OUT OF YOUR PAY. CHOP CHOP GET GOING. AND THAT GOES FOR YOUR WEAK GIRLY FRIEND TOO!"

Ryeowook began to cry as he stayed on the floor.

If the boss, wasn't the person who would be their future boss if all went well he was sure he'd plumber him into worst distorted image that he could possibly imagine.

Ryeowook forced himself to get up from the floor, and upon doing so carried one box and was near to walking out until the boss stopped him.

"hey, who said you could carry one?" he looked at pointed at Sungmin who was loading himself two boxes. "give him one of your boxes."

Sungmin looked at ryeowook and saw his shaking figure. And nodded his head.

"OR WE'LL GIVE HIM BOTH!"

Sungmin did nothing.

"NOW!" he yelled and sungmin forced himself to walk to him despite his weak almost pleading figure. Ryeowook knew that there was nothing that could be done and comprehended the fact that sungmin had to.

He walked towards him dropping a box on him. Ryeowook screamed and fell to his knees, refusing to let the box drop for the sake of not wanting the other members to get their wage cut because of him, the others had entered the room now, it was a humiliating scene for ryeowook, his face dripping with sweat and his eyes crying waterfalls, he was in tears and his skinny muscles where shaking as he tried to heave himself up.

"whats happened to ryewook?" said hang geng to the tohers.

"what to know?" said the boss. "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR WEAK, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND REVOLUTION?"
"STOP!" yelled amy in tears. "STOP IT NOW! WHAT YOUR DOING IS EVIL! CAN'T YOU SEE HIM IN PAIN! STOP!"

The boss smirked to himself, he loved what he was seeing, and hearing. "hmm... I have an exception, I will spare him... unless YOU carry both of them."

"I'll do it." The other members of super junior said.

"NO. HER." Said the boss and looked around the room. "unless the other girls volunteer? Mind you, you can't share the boxes each, one girl has to carry it on her own."

Amy looked at the other girls, whom two were carrying on box each as amy carried one. This showed enough reason why her wages were low, amy made up most of them, she did the job the fastest and the most dedicated, let alone the most endurance, barely talking unless needed throughout her hours at work as the others, after 3 minutes sat around and talked as amy contuined t oload on off their boxes despite her aching arms. The reasons she never complained was the fact that she'd rather be the one in pain then them, and the others were rather too selfish in the fact of taking ones pain in exchange for theirs whom happened to be in none.

She looked at ryeowooks hurt, vulnerable figure, he was at the point of hiccupping and the others where now, were looking sympathetically at the girls. The most remarkable scene to the boss was that ryeowook refused to let go of the two boxes. She couldn't stand to see him like this anymore.

"okay. Since no one is going to volunteer." She said. "I'll do it."

"nice nice..." said the boss and amy crouched down to ryeowoks figure and said. "give them here ryeowook." And ryeowook looked at her, startled. "no way!" he said but amy refused. "please ryeowook, I don't want to see you hurt anymore." And just as he refused amy gave him a pleading look and he could see it and felt guilty as he used his last of his energy and placed the boxes on top of amys, it was none the less, she was holding bricks.

"go guys. Stop looking and go." She said and the others went.

"interesting..." said the boss.

"poor amy..." said vic.

"yea..." said mary. "I wish we could help."

"you can't." Said amy growling as her muscles tensed. "you can't help with anything."

And she loaded the box, just as fast as the other men had and she returned to carry another load, ryeowook was in the middle wimpering as the boss shouted complaints and taunts to him.

"YOU GIRL, YOUR A MAN, YET YOU LET A GIRL BEAT YOU! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED YOU WEAK—"

She walked out and within the next, her arms ached and sungmin saw her enough when she collapse on her knees and swore but got straight back up.

And within another three attempts she was crying and when sungmin saw this ran straight to her and dropped his box besides amys and when she turned around he stopped her by gripping her wrist. "stop amy!" he yelled. "you don't have to do this!"
"I can't." She said. "I have to, i don't ever want to see ryewook hurt." And she turned to walk away but sungmin stopped her.

"please amy!" he said. "I don't want to see you hurt either. Please..." he gave her a hurt look and wiped her tear with his hand.

She moved her face away. This was just too much affection she'd ever recieve from a guy. "I don't... I don't... know why I have to work this hard all the time. I don't see how my friends don't care for me enough as to help me when im suffering this hard, to just give me pitiful stares and thats it... I have to pay for everything and they don't consider working harder just for me."

He hugged her, this was way too much.

"it'll be okay." He said. "it'll be okay. Cause you have us now."

And when the others returned she walked away, as she walked into the room a a sense of reality hit ryeowooks head

Weak weak! Ryewooks woods the weakest! Hes so girly, how can he get a girlfriend?

And memories came back, taunts and he glowered, he didn't want to become that guy again. He tried had finally escaped that life, but now it had come back to haunt him?

bolting himself up he ran and said to her "I'll carry them! Don't worry." And he walked to the shelves and carried two boxes, his face emitted pain but he still managed to carry it all the way. Amy smiled at him and she saw a grin erupt from the bosses mouth, ryeowook was getting a sense of the bosses medicine which amy had retrieved when she first came here. His work was done.

"good!" he said when everyone returned and said. "I'll be getting to work. Consider all of you employed." And he eyed ryeowook, ryeowook caught this.

and as soon as the boss left from sight, hang geng checking, the boys let go off their boxes and jumped on him.

"ryeowook you did it!" and kangin sratched his hair with her hand as he was tumbled onto the floor.

Ryeowook could only smile to himself.

"you did it." Said amy.

Ryeowook hugged her and sungmin saw this, and frowned to himself then shook his head. Why would he care? He only just met her. Then at the thought, contemplated himself to look at the most optimistic of things and smiled to himself at the endeavour then naturally at the thought of leaving mertain and returning back to korea where fame awaits and they were never to lift a box again.


AUTHORS NOTE: unedited version and here comes the part where i upload like crazy. sorry if this chapter is over dramatic ;)