A Choice

Quest

Nana secured her holster around her waist and gripped onto the handle of her sword before darting off into the forest. 

 

"I know you're watching me, !" She screamed out. "Show yourself so we can finish this!" she gripped her sword and looked around.

 

"Always the feisty one." his voice echoed around her. 

 

"Come out, you coward!" she drew her sword and readied herself. 

 

"This isn't the place." the scene melted away around her and she suddenly found herself in a large ballroom with a reflective black marble floor. 

 

"Oh my god." she looked ahead and saw Onew. His head was lowered and his back hunched over as he was tied to a chair. "Onew!" she called out, running towards him. He slowly raised his gaze to see her collapse on her knees before him. "Oh my..." his face was dripping with sweat and tears. His eyes were dim. He looked worn out and used up. "O-Onew..." she gently his cheek.

 

"Na...na..." his voice was barely there.

 

"Stand up, girl." strong hands grabbed her wings making her cry out in pain. They brought her to her feet and spun her around.

 

"Let him go!" she raised her sword. 

 

"I will...but there's got to be a trade off." 

 

"You can take me! Just let him go, he's dying!" 

 

"It's not you I want."  the dark lord gave a devilish smirk and turned his head to the other side of the room and nodded. 

 

"It can't be..." Nana fell to her knees as Jonghyun pushed a tall man into the hall. "He's dead!" her eyes filled with tears. "He's been dead for years!"

 

"Wrong, my dear. We captured him when he was on a mission to take down one of my men."

 

"Papa..." Nana dropped her sword and rushed forward towards the grey aging man. 

 

"Here's the deal, Nana. Someone's gotta go. If you choose for Onew to live, I will kill your father. If you choose for your father to live, you will be forced to take Onew's life."