Finally Taking A Side

Quest

"How do I know you're not lying again?!" Nana's cheeks burned with anger as she stared the man down.

 

"He's one of my followers, and has been working under me since he was a young boy." the man chuckled and picked up a glass filled with red wine that sat beside his throne. "Incidentally he has fallen in love with you as well. You see, Nana, I made a small deal with the prince, that if he could bring me Jinki's soul, I'd reward him."

 

"What was the reward?" Nana dared to ask. The man grinned and sipped his drink.

 

"You." Suddenly Nana felt her body thrown against the wall. When she opened her eyes the man stood right before her, holding her by against the cold surface. "It won't hurt...much." he growled and dug his fingers into her neck. Nana clawed at his hand, gasping for breath. Her sight became fuzzy and dark. Her eyelids lowered as she lingered on the edge of consciousness. She felt a dreadful pain in her chest but couldn't do anything to remedy it.

 

"Welcome back." Nana opened her eyelids slowly. Her body felt like it was hit by a boulder and drowned. "You've been out for a good hour, don't strain yourself." the voice got closer. The girl tried her hardest to move her head, but could only budge a few centimeters.

 

"Minho..." she moaned and reached out for his hand. When she touched its warmth she squeezed it gently and exhaled. "I had a terrible nightmare...and I feel like crap..."

 

"Don't worry, you should feel yourself in a little while." He smiled sweetly and pushed her hair from her forehead.

 

"Wh-where's Taemin...we should get going..." she pushed herself onto her elbow.

 

"Agh! Nana, rest!" Minho blocked her view as he tried to push her back down.

 

"Why do I feel so crappy?" 

 

"Well everyone does when they come back from the dead." he chuckled.

 

"Back from the dead?!" the pang of fear sent Nana upwards. She looked across the room and saw Taemin and Shyla knocked out cold, tied up and laying motionless on the floor. 

 

"Relax..." his voice deepened.

 

"No!" Nana pushed around him and fell onto the floor. She cried out in pain but attempting clawing at the floorboards and crawling over to the two bodies.

 

"Oh come on Nana." Minho stood over her and pulled her into his arms. "Let me explain..."

 

"You...you work with...with...with them..." Nana's breathing quickened as she tried to push the prince away.

 

"Listen to me, Nana. Nana!" he pulled her tighter against him. "Nana! I saved you!" she went limp and stood against him, breathing heavily. "If I didn't make that deal, Jonghyun would have gotten you anyway and his father would have taken Jinki's soul and left you dead."

 

"Y-You're just going to let him kill Jinki?"

 

"He's not going to kill Jinki."

 

"You knew I was an angel?"

 

"You still are..." Nana stopped and realized she could move her wings. "You just no longer have a human form..."

 

"Why...why are you doing this?"

 

"Nana I love you." he looked into her eyes. "I know you care about Jinki, but I have come to care about you and I can't let you go. I know you love me too!" 

 

"I don't know what I feel..." Nana tried to look away but she was captured by his lips in a soft kiss.

 

"Please Nana...I did this for you...I did this for us." he her cheek. "We can be together and no one will bother us."

 

"I'm confused." when she looked at him, she felt her heart speed up with an attraction for him, but she knew she couldn't love him after what he did. After he lied and kept things from her. "All this time...I've loved Jinki...but you...you've shifted my thoughts. You tried to make me believe he was gone but you were right there."

 

"He is gone."

 

"He's not...he's trapped and he's waiting for me."

 

"He's a big boy, he can break himself out of jail."

 

"Not the kind of prison he's in."

 

"Oh come on." Minho leaned in and kissed her again, this time with a bit more force.

 

"Are they watching us now too? Are they forcing Jinki to watch you kiss me? Are they destroying him that way?"

 

"Shut up Nana." he said between his teeth and shoved her onto the bed.

 

"Do you think you're different, Minho?" she whispered. "Do you think since you 'saved' me that you're sainted?"

 

"Shut up." he growled and started ripping at her dress. Nana's body began to glow but Minho didn't stop.

 

"I'm warning  you, stop." she said calmly. Minho grunted and fondled her s roughly with his hands. Nana closed her eyes and felt her energy pool up. "I'm sorry Minho." she held her breath for a second before letting out her energy. The prince was forced off her and propelled across the room. Nana quickly fixed her bodice, covering herself the best she could.

 

"What are you d-doing.." Minho coughed. 

 

"Giving you a peaceful rest." she raised her hand and forced her energy out at the prince. His body suddenly stiffened and coats of ice ran over his limbs. Within seconds, he lay motionless on the ground in a chunk of crystal ice. "I'm going to free Onew. I'll come back and get you and decide your punishment after all that is done." she nodded her head and looked at Taemin and Shyla. "I'm sorry about this, but you cannot wake up to find him like this." she extended her hand once again and sent the two into an icy slumber as well.