chapter 2

stepfather

Taemin had a chance to talk with jonghyun when unintentionally they were team up for art project. Taemin was choosen to be part of the back up dancers for jonghyun’s performance. Sure one of those things Taemin thought Jonghyun was cool was his voice. He’s pretty famous with his voice which brought school won so many awards in many national art school events. Taemin didn’t believe his ear when Jonghyun called him.

It was short talk at first, like ‘do you find any difficulity for the dance?’ or ‘you did great job today. I’m amazed’ but short conversation turned to be semi-long conversation then to long one that filled with laughter and more laughter for Taemin. In within 2 weeks they become close friend. Not as close as minho in taemin’s opinion but still taemin found with jonghyun he felt like having a different world. With jonghyun meant more laughter and more have fun. Taemin learned how flirt with girls in hallway, how to laugh at teachers or another people without being guilty, or skipped class when he felt he like it. For Taemin it was fun, because somehow he needed it. he’s sick to always obey the rule, to be nerd and the manner boy. For him, it was freedom.

“why are you smiling like that?” jonghyun shouted as they were watching band concert that evening. Taemin couldn’t hear jonghyun due to the loud of the music.

“you know this is the first time i’m watching concert”

“seriously?” jonghyun laughed in disbelief

“yeah... my dad won’t let me watching concert like this”

“your dad is no fun”

“i know right. I have to tell him i have an extra dance practice to get him believe” taemin laughed. And jonghyun laughed. They both did before continued jumping to the music.

---

When taemin came home, kibum was in the livingroom sitting on the couch and watching TV. Taemin thought he was waiting for Jinki. That was he always did. Taemin didn’t know when Jinki gave him duplicate key for the house, but he just knew Kibum came often, especially when Jinki gave him to use garage as his studio. Kibum worked his paintings there. as an artist he was preparing for his upcoming exhibition. Taemin knew Kibum was pretty famous when he picked Taemin up after school and his friends even his teacher came to him right the day after just asking if they could get an authograph from Kim Kibum through him, which was answered by a cold ‘leave me alone’ and made Minho apologized for his cold manner.

“good late evening Taemin, how was the concert?”

Taemin stopped as he heard him. he was about to walked pass and ignored Kibum existence but the greet shocked him. how could he?

“Minho told me there was no extra practice as you told  your dad there was. “ he smiled, “Minho guessed you go to the concert since the band is your favorite and i came to check and saw you”

Taemin could feel his face heated and redden, he didn’t know if it was because he was humiliated that he was caught lying to Jinki or because he was angry that Kibum followed him

“you know what? i like the band too. Why didn’t you tell me before?” Kibum came approaching him and smiled, “if only i knew it, i’d take you to the their concert more often”

Taemin slapped Kibum’s hand when Kibum reached his arm

“Taemin...”

“stop pretend being so nice. You’ll tell dad that i lied to him so dad can punish me” taemin hissed

“Taemin.. i didn’t mean that” Kibum said. He was shocked taemin judged him that way, “I only want you to know that we are fan of the same band so next time we can go togeth...”

“LEAVE ME ALONE!! EVIL !”

Taemin ran to his room and locked it. he was angry that he threw whataever near him on the wall. In the same time he was afraid if Jinki knew taemin had lied to him. he never lied to his dad. The thought of his dad would angry with him and didn’t love him scared him. so he end up crying on his bed.

While in front of his door, there was kibum was about to knock it but hesitated. Until he heard the sob coming from taemin he decided to not disturb him but just leaned forward his forehead on the door. Listening to his son’s sound of crying.

 

---

 

The next morning Taemin called Taemin for breakfast. Taemin was ready if his dad was going to punish him because he had lied about the extra dance practice. When he reached the dining table to have breakfast, Jinki greeted him good morning normally, kissing his head and ruffled his hair like he always did. the act somehow surprised him because he already pictured himself being nagged by his father for lying and went to concert without his permission.

“You must be so exhausted after the practice that you already slept when i came home last night, i’m sorry i couldn’t pick you up. Got works done in the office” Jinki smiled as he poured to the glass before he gave it to Taemin.

Oh, so Dad didn’t know...

Taemin glanced at Kibum who was frying the eggs in the kitchen. He came after a minute and served the breakfast. He sat in front of taemin and smiled at him, which Taemin didn’t think he would smile back.

----

Jinki woke up in the middle of the night when he felt his partner wasn’t there beside him on the bed. He opened his eyes and yawned getting up from the bed. Walking to the kitchen he was looking for Kibum there but he found none. He took a glass of drink then walked to the garage. He was right, Kibum was there, working on his paintings with only candles as the light.

He approached his lover from behind before wrapped his arms around Kibum’s body.

“why are you working now?” Jinki mumbled against his back, closing his eyes still sleepy.

“suddenly inspiration” Kibum smiled, enjoying a back hug from Jinki.

“you can work on it tomorrow.. please comeback to my bed” he coaxed

Kibum turned his head and gave him a light peck “you know it’s probably gone if i suspend it”

Jinki didn’t argue because he knew his boyfriend too well. He opened his eyes and looked at the painting. Frowned and observed it for a moment before he commented

“a baby... you paint a baby...”

“it’s taemin...”

Jinki looked it very carefully. The fat cheeks, those little fingers, the petite lips and the small legs. It was still fresh in his memory when the baby were born. It was magical how Kibum ‘s memory was also still fresh that he paint the picture exactly the same even after many years ago.

“how is Taemin?” Jinki suddenly asked. “still cold to you?”

Kibum stopped his work for seconds, “not really...”

“i still think we should tell him the tr...”

“I thought we had agreed on this” Kibum said in firm. “please, Jinki don’t make things hard for him”

“then what about you? I just want you to be happy.”

“i’m happy already, i’ve always been happy” Kibum held Jinki’s arms around him. “you had been giving me things a lot that makes me happy, remember?”

Jinki sighed but smiled at his boyfriend. He kissed his head before pulled away to grab a blanket.

“it’s cold. This will keep you warm while working” Jinki said wrapping the blanket around Kibum.  

“thank you...” Kibum smiled, shutting his eyes as Jinki kissed his forehead. Jinki rubbed his cheels with his thumb before said him ‘good night ‘ and left heading back to his room

Kibum pulled the blanket tightened against his body, looking for minutes at his own painting he was working on and smiled

“my son....”

---

“that ”

“I know...” taemin sighed deeply. He was Jonghyun with during break of dance practice. somehow jonghyun managed to join the dance club. To make his performance perfect he had to get involved in dancing  he said. But taemin didn’even try to figure out if it was his way to get close and spent more time with the younger boy.

“i really hate him, but he seems never give up on me. i mean, i know it is only now he pretends to be nice. Later when he’s officially my father’s husband, he will treat me bad like any other step parents usually will” Taemin snorted.

“so you want him to rid him of”

Taemin looked at him, “hyung, what do you think i’m trying for these last months?”

“maybe you didn’t try to annoyed him that much” Jonghyun commented

“what do you mean?”

“you said you just act cold to him, you actually never make him angry”

“well.. that’s...”

“he makes you angry, why don’t you make him angry.. more?”

“my dad will be mad at me”

“i don’t think so if you play innocent”

Taemin looked at Jonghyun for good few seconds, “you have idea?”

“you said Kibum was an painter....why don’t mess up with it?”

It didn’t took long until Taemin got it. And both had the devilish smile on their face.

---

It was started with Taemin being ignorant. He made Kibum do the laundry more and the hold house despite the busy he was to finish his paintings. It was also just simple things like forgetting to turn off the water in the bathroom, putting all his things carelessly caused Kibum to pick and put them up in a save place, making Kibum waited in front of school building for about two hours after school to pick Taemin up, and a lot of things that should make Kibum sick, tired and angry. Of course Kibum was annoyed, it was natural. Moreover those happened constantly. But Kibum still managed to smile in front of Taemin.

Until Taemin came home with a cat and asked Kibum if the cat could stay for a several days because his friend, the owner entrust Taemin  keep him while that friend was in out of town and because Taemin liked the cat. Of course Kibum allowed him, everything that made Taemin happy Kibum would always give.

But Kibum was shock in the afternoon after he was done with the house hold, he came back to finish his paintings in his garage but found his works scattered everywhere on the floor. the canvas were ripped, his paintings were everywhere and it was a mess. Tens of his works for the upcoming exhibition  were damaged. There was no way for him to have exhibition with this conditon. He was about to cry when he heard a mewl. He turned his head seeing the cat which Taemin kept ,scratching on one of his paintings. The view broke his heart so bad. Finally his anger couldn’t be subdued any longer.

Kibum walked to Taemin’s room and knocked its door several times.

“What now, Kibum?” that was what Taemin said after the door opened. Earphones dangling from his ears.

“the cat damaged the studio” Kibum said. His face was red due to holding the tears.  

“oh... she did?” taemin yawned, “well... you can move the cat outside and keep it away from your studio. Is that hard?”

Taemin was about to close the door but Kibum’s strong hand held it, “taemin, you know it’s not about that” Kibum said back “there are my paintings in the studio, my works all are damaged. I have exhibition next week”

Taemin glared at Kibum, “it’s not my bussiness. How does the cat know that the paintings are prepared for the exhibition? She only a cat”

“but you know...” Kibum cut him, “why don’t you keep her in your room?”

“why didn’t you bring your paintings back to your apartment and did the works there instead here in my house?”

Kibum stopped and looked at him in disbelief

“See? It was your fault”

They both glared to each other for few seconds, both were angry and gave no indication to relent.

“Taemin.. why do you do this to me?” Kibum said softly, “what have i done to you that makes you hate me so much?”

Taemin didn’t reply, instead he kept glaring at Kibum.

“Fine..” Kibum said, “that’s fine, taemin” he turned around and walked away before taemin shouted

“great, you are going to tell dad, right?”

Kibum halted his steps

“tell dad i intentionally mess your studio, that way dad will hate me. That’s what you always want. Dad hates me so you’ll get his love all to yourself”

Kibum didn’t bother to turned his head looking back at Taemin. He heard him and that’s enough for him to resume his steps leaving taemin.

The last thing he heard was the loud bang of taemin’s door been slammed shut forcelly. But he didn’t care. He reached his car and immediately run to Jinki’s office.

---

Jinki was having talk with his employess  in the meeting room when Kibum opened the door shocking all the people in the room. All of the people were looking at him but Kibum didn’t wait as he walked toward Jinki, pushing him down on the chair before sitting on his laps and kissed him senselessly. All the people in the room gasped watching this action. Jinki was helpless under Kibum that he could only gave a sign by waving his hand his employess to leave them alone. They immediately rushed to exit the meeting room, still shocking by the view.

Only when Jinki kissed Kibum back that relaxed and slow down his action. They were making out for minutes untill Kibum pulled away. Both breathed heavily due to so much lacking of air after the intense kiss.

“what happen?” Jinki managed to talk between the heavy breathe.

“I want to marry you” Kibum said certainly

Jinki had to absorb Kibum’s words despite still dazed from the kiss, he looked at Kibum widening his eyes.

“wait... what?”

“Yes, let’s get married. Tomorrow” Kibum breathed. “ let’s do it tomorrow”

“But.. i thought...”

“I changed my mind. And please don’t let me change my mind again”

Jinki chuckled and pulled Kibum down and kissed him again

“God you scared my employees, Kibum”

 Kibum laughed between the kiss and turned his head. The employees were peeking up them while making out.

“what are you guys seeing? Get back to work!” Kibum barked, causing them  hurriedly left in panic of getting caught.

“so taemin allows?” Jinki’s question got Kibum’s eyes back at him

“you know, sooner or later we are getting married anyway. Taemin will understand”

And before Jinki said anything, Kibum shut him by kissing him over and over again.

---

thanks for the respond guys,, really appreciate it.

now umm,, do you still think taemin is the only one who's evil?