A Night of Hunting

The Nine Princesses

The next two days were uneventful but by the third everyone was tired and bored. They also missed cooked meat very much, especially Sooyoung who laid on the couch and moaned. In the end, Key had convinced the others that they should go out late one night and hunt before cooking it over a fire.
‘It’ll be very safe,’ he insisted, ‘they aren’t trained soldiers, just a group of rebels, I’m sure they’d only have a few people on lookout but no one near the mountain. Plus we’ll have the fire far from here so if they see the smoke, which I don’t think they will, we wouldn’t be close enough for them to find the hide-out.’
It was still risky but everyone agreed. They were starved for cooked meat and wanted to leave the small hide-out even if it were only for an hour or two.

So the next day, Minho, Jonghyun, Eunhyuk, Yuri and Hyoyeon got ready to go hunting. They devised a plan and went over it again and again to make sure everyone was clear about what to do in case of an emergency, and what to do once they left the house so they could finish everything quickly and efficiently.

Later that night, an hour after midnight, the group of five set out. They were all hugged goodbye and Taeyeon commanded that they come back safe.
‘Oh, I can’t believe I’m letting you two do this,’ she said.
‘Don’t worry unnie, we’re great hunters!!’ Yuri sang.
‘And not all of the boys can go at the same time, so we’re going instead. Besides, I need fresh air,’ Hyoyeon said.
‘Alright, go now, but come back safe.’

They all ran swiftly up the mountain through the deep forest. Minho carried three swords, Jonghyun carried a martial arts pole and a dagger in his pocket, Eunhyuk had nun chucks and star darts. Yuri had a bow and arrows while Hyoyeon had her own favourite weapon with her name carved on it, a fan with sharp daggers in it and a spear. As soon as they reached a ways away from the hide-out, they split up with nothing more than a nod. Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk went towards a small area deeply within the heart of the forest, it was covered by trees and vegetation but it had enough space to set up the fire. Meanwhile the other three headed off further up the mountain in search for deer.

While Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk gathered wood together without letting one another out of sight, Jonghyun, Minho and Yuri ran through a shallow part of the river to avoid crossing a clearing without any cover. Jonghyun was first to spot a pack of deer still awake mulling around. He motioned towards them and the three slowly got closer, hiding behind the bushes. Minho pointed at a healthy looking young deer and Yuri immediately shot an arrow at it. The other deer began panicking and running away. Jonghyun quickly pointed at another one that looked the best out of the remaining deer and Yuri got it before it managed to run away. The three crouched behind the bush for a while, waiting to see if anything was going to happen or if anyone was near before the two boys ran towards the two deer and picked them up.

Yuri ran ahead of them with her bow up for protection since the other two were preoccupied carrying the deer.
‘More than enough to feed us all,’ Jonghyun whispered.
‘Shh…’ Yuri whipped around to hiss at him with her finger to her lip, ‘there’s someone there.’
The boys immediately stopped and put the two deer down next to them before crouching down with Yuri. They peaked through the bush and say five men sitting around a fire. They were sharpening their weapons and talking.
‘I can’t believe we’re on forest look-out on the coldest night of the month,’ one complained.
‘But think about it, if we’re the ones to capture the Princesses and their stupid Princes, we’d all be promoted to the top of the ranks and be rich. Furthermore, if we overthrow the monarch, our group will be recognised by our nation and we’d be one of the most influential men in the world!’ one exclaimed.
‘Pfft… we should be at the top already, our Taecyeon here risked his life by getting close to the Princess and infiltrating the palace, giving us the information we needed to successfully invade the Kingdom and to the whereabouts the Princesses are in hiding.’
‘Patience, men,’ Taecyeon said menacingly, ‘one wrong move and we’ll be demoted or lose our lives. Take it slow and we can overthrow the rebel leader. We’re almost there. He’s promoted me already and said he’d think about promoting the rest of you.’
‘Great idea! No wonder you are the leader of our small group of five,’ one man cheered.
‘Believe in me and we’ll be at the top in no time,’ Taecyeon said, but for now, we have to head towards the mountain peak to inspect and go on lookout there.’

It wasn’t until the group was gone for ten minutes that Minho began to talk.
‘We had a mole within the Palace walls… how could that happen? Who was stupid enough to let something like this happen? Whoever hired him is going to get fired once we get back to the palace!’
Yuri bit her lip, ‘Yoona’s going to be devastated.’
‘Why?’
‘Because even though she likes Nichkhun, she also liked Taecyeon.’
‘Taecyeon?! Oh! Now I remember where I’d heard that name and seen that face before!’
‘She’s going to be heartbroken…’
‘Never mind that now, we have to get back to Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk now! They’ll be going on watch on the top of the mountain so if they see our flame, they might think it’s their own that they left. We have about an hour to cook these deer before we have to get back to the hide-out.’

When they arrived at the place where Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk were, the two fires had already been started and they all worked away to get the two deer cooked. Once all cooked, they grabbed the meat and ran to the hide-out. They didn’t stop until they were downstairs, safe.

‘Oh! Thank goodness!!! MEAT!!’ Sooyoung cheered.
‘Yeah!’ everyone cheered.
‘I’m so glad you’re all okay, come now, let’s eat.’
Jonghyun, Minho and Yuri all looked at each other curiously and then back at the others. Minho grinned and shrugged his shoulders. Jonghyun and Yuri smiled back and nodded. They were going to let the others enjoy their celebration and decided that they’d tell the others about Taecyeon and his men later. They didn’t want to ruin the happy mood so they began eating and joining in with the festivities, savouring their hard work.

Once they had all finished eating and the celebrations and games had finished, Jonghyun cleared his voice and announced, ‘I had something important to tell you all…’

 

(a/n): GUYS!!!!!! Here's the link to my new tumblr!! Please follow me! I'll be posting exclusive chapters and be taking update requests through it after this weekend. I might also post pictures from the upcoming sydney kpop concert when i get back from sydney on monday!!

Here is the link:

http://oneribbon.tumblr.com/

In addition, sorry for the late update :D

Comment, Subscribe and Follow on Tumblr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxox