Shocking News

The Nine Princesses

 

Everyone was now gathered in the main ballroom, even the young adults who had their own ballroom had to gather in the main ballroom for big news. All the Kings from the kingdoms on the Kiki continent stood on the large stage where the ‘Romeo and Juliet’ play had just taken place.
‘We have some bad news but do not fret, it’s not an emergency yet and we will try to solve it before things get out of hand,’ King Soo Man began.
Everyone gasped and the room started to buzz with everyone talking at the same time.
‘Quiet!’ King Dong’s loud voice boomed and the room immediately went silent.
‘As I was saying,’ King Soo Man continued, ‘the Kiki continent is under threat from the Nada continent. They have gained alliance from the Macias Tribe as well as the Dido continent. Together they have already overthrown the Salix royal family and overtaken the Razi and Faso continents. We have heard that they plan to overtake the Kiki hemisphere, and if that is true, we may all lose our kingdoms, homes and even lives. It is at times like this when we should work together to prevent this from happening. Our last resort if we are not successful in reigning them in with deals would be sending all our men into war.’

Everyone in the room gasped yet again but the children were oblivious to the danger and continued to play. However, the children weren’t the only ones confused, some of the princesses were too. Princesses Sally and Flora from Keito, Anya and Eva from Saito, Jiyoung, Seungyeon, Sulli, Jessica and Yoonyul were the most confused.
‘Minho…’ Yuri tugged on his sleeve.
‘Hmm?’ he looked down at her puzzled face.
‘Why is everyone so worried? All the Kings said that we shouldn’t worry because they will compromise with the bad people before they hurt us.’
‘Because…’ Minho thought carefully about how to explain this, ‘did you ever listen during Royal Family studies?’
‘No…’ Yuri pouted.

‘Well, if you did, then you’d know that the Razi continents is one of the strongest continents and also has one of the best armies. They are Kiki’s best allies and almost undefeatable… so if the Nada continent suddenly became strong and managed to overtake Razi, then it means we won’t have a chance. They know we are of equal strength to them and no one has an upper hand. No one has an advantage so they won’t bother with compromises, they’ll risk as many men as it takes because it’s an equal fight.’
‘Okay…’ Yuri nodded.
‘And that means all the armies from different kingdoms will have to band together to fight and we could lose men. Not only that, to make sure we have to numbers since Nada has allies and could use the armies from Razi and Faso, we’d probably get one male from every family to join the army. Do you know what this means for us?’
‘What?’
‘Yul… I’d have to join the army. As part of the royal family, it’s my duty to fight among my people, to lead them. Even if it wasn’t my duty, I’d still do it for my family, my country, and also, I’d never let Taemin join the army. He wouldn’t have a chance,’ Minho sighed.
‘You wouldn’t have to let Taemin join the army or join yourself! You’re royal, you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to!’ Yuri shouted.
‘And cower behind my people instead of stand with them? I don’t think so, baby. And even if it wasn’t for my pride and duty, I’d still have to do it because one male from every family. My father is too old, even though he’d probably join anyways, and Taemin is too weak. I’m the only one.’
‘Nnghh!!’ Yuri choked on her tears.
‘What’s wrong?!’
‘Mmm!!! Don’t go!! We haven’t even gotten married or had babies or get our own palace or anything!!’ she shouted.
‘Calm down… this is only an if… there is a very high possibility that this will happen but until then, let’s not think about it, okay?’ Minho hugged her.
Yuri nodded and settled into his arms.

‘Sica! Sica!!’ Jonghyun waved his hand in front of her face to get her attention at the same time Minho was explaining everything to Yuri.
‘What?!’ she snapped.
‘What’s wrong?’ Jonghyun asked gently.
‘… I don’t understand how the Razi continent got overthrown by the Nada continent. They are among the strongest continents and if they couldn’t hold Nada back, then no one can.’
‘Maybe Razi let their guard down… don’t fret over this stuff, okay?’
‘But I still don’t understand why we would have to go into war. Are they really sure that compromises won’t work?’
‘Well, to compromise, they’d have to meet with the Nada leaders, but obviously that’s not going to happen to it’ll be hard to compromise. And when Nada invades, we have to be ready. Going to war… it seems inevitable to me… all the men that will die… the bloodshed… it’ll be horrible. And for what? Power? Land? It’s worthless compared to all the lives lost! But it can’t be helped. We have to go to war against these barbarians to protect the children, the women and the old that protected us when we were young, it’s now our turn to protect them,’ Jonghyun said.
‘Nice speech…’ Jessica rolled her eyes.
‘Omona! I forgot you were there! I was kind of talking to myself towards the end…’

‘Does this mean… you’ll go to war too?’ Sica asked shyly looking up at him.
Jonghyun grinned cheekily, ‘is Sica baby worried about me? Is she going to miss me?’
‘Don’t be so arrogant!! I was just wondering when you were leaving!’ she cried embarrassed.
Jonghyun was hurt. He knew she didn’t like him but he didn’t expect her to be that harsh. Jonghyun had been hoping that she’d at least worry about him, just a little bit.
‘Yeah.. well, I guess you’ll be glad if I don’t come back… unlike Yuri who is crying over Minho even LEAVING, imagine what happens when she remembers that there’s a chance he won’t come back… Well, you’ll have Taemin to keep you company because he’d be the only one not going… maybe you’ll find someone better than me… that you will like since you don’t like me, or even care about me…’ Jonghyun sighed sadly and turned away to leave, his shoulders hunched up and his head bowed.
Jessica bit her lip and cried out to him, ‘Jonghyun! Jonghyun!’ but he didn’t turn back around and kept walking.
‘Nice going, Sica! Now he thinks you hate him! And even after all the special things he prepared for you, you still treat him like crap!’ she scolded herself before plopping down on her seat.

‘War? Why would we have to go to war?’ Yoona frowned.
‘Because otherwise, the Nada continent will overtake Kiki.’
‘Why is that bad?’
‘Do you know what happens when they overtake a continent, Yoona?’ Nichkhun asked.
‘No…’
‘It means you won’t be a princess anymore.’
‘Does that mean I get to go to the village any time I want?’ Yoona asked excitedly.
‘Yes… you’d probably live on the streets of the village if you were lucky. You wouldn’t have money or a house, you’d starve and freeze!’ Nichkhun told her, ‘but that is if you’re lucky. Usually, they kill all royal family members. So that’s why we have to go to war, to protect ourselves, our kingdom and our people. Our people would suffer too under their reign.’
‘Ohh!!’ Yoona’s eyes widened, ‘it’s not a good thing! I don’t want that to happen!! Okay! I’ll help fight against the bad people!!’
Nichkhun laughed at her cuteness, ‘you can’t join the army because you’re a female and I’d also never let you.’
‘Why?!’ Yoona complained.
‘Because I don’t want you to get hurt, war is dangerous,’ Nichkhun said sincerely, ‘besides, I’d go to war and protect you from all the bad people so you don’t even need to worry. There’s no need for you to help fight when we can take them on ourselves!’
Yoona blushed, “he’s so sweet!!” she thought.

‘Everyone!!’ King Soo Man called over all the talking, ‘tonight’s a night of celebration so let’s not worry about such things. I thought you should all know first but as I said, we will all do our best to prevent this from happening. So let’s continue with the celebrations, and here is a surprise!! All nine of my daughters will be performing for you all!’
‘What?!’ Sunny cried.
‘What did he say?’ Sooyoung looked up from her food and asked Key.
‘I’m not doing that!’ Tiffany shrieked.
‘Come on princess, I want to see you sing,’ Wooyoung said to her, making her blush.
‘Come on girls. There’s nothing we can do. Since he said it, we have to do it or cause embarrassment to ourselves by running away,’ Taeyeon ordered like the natural leader she was.
‘Yes, unnie!’ Yoonyul chanted like they were in the army.

They got up on stage but we stuck on what to sing.
‘Run devil run!’ Hyoyeon suggested.
‘Nah… we’re trying to cheer everyone up from the bad news,’ Seohyun said.
‘Hmm… then, hoot?’ Sica said.
‘I don’t really like that song…’ Taeyeon wrinkled her nose.
‘You don’t like a lot of the songs we do!!’ Sunny complained.
‘How about Oh!? And gee?’ Yoona said.
‘Yeah! And ‘Into the New World’!’ Yuri squealed.
‘Sounds good!’ Sooyoung nodded.
‘Okay girls, ITNW first then Gee and finishing with Oh!’ Taeyeon clapped her hands and everyone got into positions while she told the band what songs to play.

When they were done, everyone had gone wild and were clapping and screaming. No princesses had ever had so much talent since they usually just read books and sewed like they were told to by their etiquette teachers. They got off stage and were greeted by their fiancées.
‘Wow! Even though I might regret this later, but I have to say, you’re an amazing dancer!! Especially the dance break you did in the first song!’ Eunhyuk smiled at Hyoyeon.
‘Thanks…’ she blushed at the compliment.
‘Soooooo… want to go for a walk?’ he asked.

 

(a/n): HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN ALL THE SMTOWN MOMENTS?!?!?!? KYAAAAA ... lol, i'll stop now. Anyways, hope you enjoy the update, and look forward to my new fanfic once i finsh my current on-going two. :D:D

comment and subscribe~~~ <3