Lost Group

The Nine Princesses

The royals began to panic. How could they have forgotten about a third of their group?
‘What if they got caught?’ Seohyun asked worriedly.
‘Or they got lost?!’
‘It’s been hours! They should’ve been here ages ago! Something must’ve happened!’ Jessica frowned.
‘Ohh!! I’m a bad sister! I forgot about Taeyeon unnie and Tiffany unnie and Yoona!’ Yuri wailed.
‘Relax. Breathe. If we panic we won’t be any help to them,’ Minho soothed, handing all the sisters a glass of water each.
Sungmin shook his head, ‘we were all too scared to even notice.’
‘It doesn’t matter. It wasn’t our fault. We had our own worries to get here safely. And the hours after we arrived were dedicated to calming down. I don’t think we should blame ourselves,’ Key said.

‘Do you ever think of anyone other than you?!’ Sooyoung shouted, ‘of course it’s our fault!’
‘I wasn’t saying it was about me!’ Key exclaimed, ‘I just said that we shouldn’t blame ourselves since we had so many other things to worry about and were too scared to think straight. Especially when we heard any kind of noise coming from outside.’
‘He’s right. It’s not our fault. But it’s our responsibility to do something,’ Eunhyuk said.
‘I say we go out and look for them!’ Hyoyeon suggested.
‘No,’ Minho said firmly.
‘Why?! Are we just going to leave them to get hunted down by the rebels out there?!’ Yuri whined.
‘No,’ he said again.
Yuri pouted, ‘I hate you.’
Minho’s face fell, ‘but I love you. So I can’t let you go and look for the others, even if you hate me.’
Eunhyuk looked at Minho who was now sulking and lying on his back staring at the ceiling. He sighed, ‘well, I guess I can’t ask Minho for help now… so can the rest of you think of any ideas? How can we find them?’

‘Well we can’t do anything just sitting here! We have to go out and find them!’ Yuri insisted.
‘Yeah! Unnie is right,’ Seohyun said.
‘No,’ Minho mumbled, ‘that’s the only thing we’re not doing.’
‘Why?!’ Sica whined.
‘Because we promised to look after you all. We can’t risk the six of you in the hopes of finding the others. We have to think of a way that won’t put any of you at risk but will help find the others,’ Jonghyun explained.
‘But…’ Sunny mumbled.
Sungmin shook his head, ‘no. You all come first. Your safety before anything else. That is the vow we made to your parents before even getting engaged. My responsibility is you, Sunny, so I won’t put you in danger.’
‘This is an exception,’ Hyoyeon said, ‘our sisters are in danger.’
‘And I’m sure that until we find them, the Princes will keep them safe,’ Kyuhyun said.
‘But what if they can’t? What if there are a hundred rebels against just them?!’ Sunny cried.
‘In that case, what chance would we have? That would be a suicide mission! Even I know that, Sunny noona!’ Taemin exclaimed.

Sooyoung bit into her apple hard in frustration.
‘Then what are we supposed to do?! Just sit here?! And hope that they get here? What if they never arrive at all?’ she asked between her chewing.
‘No. We’ll think of something.  I promise,’ Minho said.
Yuri looked at him, ‘really?’
‘Really.’
She smiled and hugged him, ‘in that case, what do you have in mind?’
‘Haven’t thought of anything yet. Only option I can think of is a few of us going off to find them while the others stay and look after you and your sisters. We could follow the path that they were supposed to take and hopefully we’ll find them safe and sound. And if anything happens, the group left in the house should take the escape route and leave the rest of us behind.’
Eunhyuk nodded, ‘that was the only option I could think of too.’
‘If you go, then we all go!’ Sunny insisted.
‘No. It’s not safe,’ Kyuhyun said.

‘But I want to go too!’ Jessica cried, ‘if it’s not safe then you all should not be going either! What if you never come back too?’
‘That is why one or two of us will stay behind. If anything happens, they know the escape route and you’ll leave without us,’ Jonghyun said.
‘No!’ Sunny whined.
‘Yes.’
‘I won’t leave if Minho is gone!’ Yuri argued.
‘Well you’re going to have to. I’m sure Taemin is stronger than you and can drag you out if he has to,’ Minho said.
‘Wait, I’m staying?!’ Taemin exclaimed.
‘Yes. You’re not coming with us. It’s too dangerous and you’re not ready for something like this,’ Sungmin said.
‘Why?!’ he whined, ‘I want to be helpful too! Why do I always have to be left behind and miss out on being the hero?!’
‘You are going to be the hero. Because you have to be strong enough to leave without us. To leave us behind and to take the girls with you. To get them to safety no matter how much they object.’

Taemin sighed but nodded reluctantly, ‘okay. Then are you going now?’
‘Yes. It’s already dark so we will be hidden and the longer we prolong this, the higher the chances of never finding them. Who else is staying behind?’
No one said anything.
‘Kyuhyun oppa should stay!’ Seohyun said, ‘I don’t know how I would feel if we had to leave without him.’
‘Chances are that we will be back in the morning and between now and then, nothing will happen that will force you all to escape,’ Key pointed out.
‘But I’d feel safer with him here,’ Seohyun said.
Kyuhyun sighed, ‘alright, I’ll stay. But come back quickly, and safely,’ he said to the others. 
They nodded. The four Princes walked over to where the bags were and got their weapons. They prepared themselves with as many things as they could without causing themselves to be hindered by too many things or weight.

Minho walked over to where Yuri and Taemin were sulking on the couch when he was ready.
‘I’m going now. And even if you hate me, I love you, Yuri,’ he said while he knelt down to be on eye-level with her.
‘I don’t hate you!’ she exclaimed, ‘I was just very angry! I’m sorry I said that. It was a lie! I love you so much Choi Minho! So you better come back safely in the morning with Taeyeon unnie and everyone else!’
Minho chuckled, ‘okay, Princess. I will be back soon but until I get back, promise that you will listen to  Taemin if you have to escape.’
‘No! I won’t leave without you,’ she said.
Minho stared at her, ‘Yuri-ah. You have to. Promise me.’
‘Okay…’ she said reluctantly.
‘And Taemin?’ Minho said.
‘Yeah?’
‘Be careful and be strong. Okay? Don’t make hyung worry about you, or mum and dad will hurt me. And look after my Yuri for me, okay?’
‘Okay,’ Taemin said.
‘Good. I love you both, I’m going now. And keep this with you at all times until we get back,’ Minho said before handing Taemin a sword and Yuri a small dagger on a belt that wrapped around the thigh.

Sungmin awkwardly shuffled over to Sunny. She looked at him curiously as he stood there uncomfortably, not saying anything.
‘What?’ she finally asked.
‘… uhh. I’m ahh… I’m going now,’ he mumbled.
‘Okay. Bye. Be safe.’
Sungmin was baffled by her indifferent attitude and was a bit hurt. He nodded disappointedly and began to walk away. He’d hoped that she’d be a bit more affectionate and say something nice. Sungmin turned back to look at her and knew he was unsatisfied. It could be the last time that they saw each other and there seemed to be no emotion in their goodbye at all. He walked back over to her and announced, ‘I love you, Lee Sunkyu. Even if you don’t feel the same, I fell for you and I just wanted you to know that before I left. I’ll be back with your sisters in the morning. Pray for me.’
And with that, he walked away, not looking back at the girl he’d left shocked and confused.

Jonghyun stood there with his arms around Jessica’s waist as she hugged him tightly and refused to let go.
‘Be safe and don’t get hurt. Promise to be back in the morning, okay? I know I don’t treat you well but I really like you so don’t leave! Don’t go! I’m sure Minho, Key, Eunhyuk and Sungmin can take care of it all themselves,’ she babbled on.
He chuckled and was glad that she felt this way about him especially since a while ago she’d been upset with him about Se Kyung. It was even better that she was saying all of this out loud because she was not one that expressed her feelings often.
‘I know, Princess. But I have to go. I’ll tell you a secret though. It’s like a spell. It’ll keep you safe and before you know it, I’ll be back with your sisters.’
‘What kind of spell?’
‘A love spell.’
‘A love spell?’ she asked curiously, ‘tell me.’
‘I love you,’ were the three simple words of the love spell.
Jessica blushed furiously and her arms slacked, allowing Jonghyun to release himself from the hug. She watched him walk away, knowing the spell had worked.

‘And don’t eat all the food, okay? Because it has to last us all of a very long time. You have to restrain yourself. And be good, listen to Kyuhyun, and don’t make too much noise. Be aware at all times and stay safe,’ Key told Sooyoung worriedly in his umma-voice.
‘Yes, Key. I know,’ Sooyoung responded while nodding.
‘Also, you are not to leave the safe house or to cause any trouble. Everyone’s lives are at stake. And let someone know where you are at all times in case of an emergency. That way they can find you straight away,’ Key continued with his lecture.
‘Alright! I get it! I’m not a child anymore. Sheesh!’ Sooyoung exclaimed.
‘I’m just reminding you because I’m really worried. I only have good intentions. Don’t take my advice lightly. I’m only doing this because I’m anxious and I care a lot about you. You mean a lot to me,’ Key said shyly.
Sooyoung blushed, ‘oh. Well, then you’re not being mean to me… Okay, I promise to behave and do what you told me.’
Key nodded, ‘good.’
They stood for a while silently. Key cleared his throat awkwardly and nodded, ‘well, I’m going to go now… bye. Be careful.’
‘Be careful yourself. You better come back or I’ll hunt you down,’ Sooyoung threatened.
Key burst out laughing, ‘okay.’

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon sat side-by-side on the couch watching the others say goodbye.
‘It’s not like you’re going forever. You’ll be back in the morning,’ Hyoyeon rolled her eyes at the others.
‘I know. But some of them are worried we won’t be back. But I’m confident we will.’
‘So am I. I don’t know what they’re worrying about,’ Hyoyeon said.
‘Me neither. We will be fine. And when we get back, we’ll all have a small party to celebrate.’
Hyoyeon laughed, ‘yeah, a silent party! Because we have to be quiet!’
Eunhyuk laughed, ‘can you imagine that?! It would be so funny!’
‘Eunhyuk hyung! Let’s go!’ Key called.
‘Alright! I’m coming!’ he yelled over his shoulder.
‘Bye. Be safe and come back  quickly. For our silent party,’ Hyoyeon smiled.
Eunhyuk laughed, ‘I will. Bye. I love you.’
‘Love you too.’

Suddenly a loud bang ran throughout the room. Everyone froze. It sounded as if the door to the decoy house had been opened and slammed closed. Everyone knew it could not just be another false alarm since they heard door actually open. It meant that someone had found the decoy house.
‘What do we do?! Should we take the escape route?’ Taemin hissed in panic.
‘Shh… everyone hide behind the kitchen counter for now. If they don’t leave soon, we’ll take the escape route.’
Everyone did as they were told and crouched down together, their hearts jumping out of their chests. Footsteps and indistinct whispers could be heard above them. Every now and again someone would bump into a wall or sound as if they’d tripped. It became silent suddenly and the royals looked at each other. A loud bang broke the silence and the stairs from the trap door to the basement dropped down. Chills ran through everyone and their blood went cold. Their hearts skipped beats. They peeked over the kitchen counter to see who it was. It didn’t matter if they were seen now, not when they couldn’t get to the opening to the escape route without being seen. What they saw surprised and yet relieved them.
‘Onew hyung?!’ Taemin exclaimed and jumped up from his hiding spot.

 

(a/n): DOUBLE UPDATE FTW~~~ although the chaps aren't that great... i wrote the first one in fragments and the second in a rush so... yeahh... anywayss. comment and updates will become frequent again :D despite my overload of homework that i don't even do... 0.o

also, this story may be ending soon... although its a good one. but i want to start on a new project. one that i hope will be better than this and the 'falling for you...' series. It will be well planned, so it'll actually have a pre-planned storyline and i'll actually write drafts beforehand :D hope you'll support that one as much as my previous stories. just wait for it!!!

comment and subscribe~~~