3.

My Night Star

 

                “PD-nim, what do you think about this letter for our next episode?” the writer asked as she approached their director. She showed him the letter she just read. She thought that what was written in it was quite sensational. It will definitely raise their rating and could even be the talk of the town. She waited as the director read the letter. She hoped that he would agree with her.

                “This seems pretty interesting but it involves Onew more than the show itself,” the director said after a long pause when he finished reading the letter. “We have to let Onew read this first before taking any actions. We might have a problem with his management if we decide for it by ourselves.” Then he took out his cellphone and dialled Onew's number.

                “Yoboseyo?” Onew said on the other line as the call connected.

                “Onew-sshi, this is Kim PD. Do you have time now?” the director asked without any proper greetings. He liked to go straight to the point.

                “Ne, Director. I'm still free the whole morning because my schedule today starts in the afternoon. Do you need me for anything?”

                “Yes. I'm going to send to you an e-mail for the next episode of Night Star. We need your decision on this matter so call me back once you finished reading the e-mail.”

                “Oh ne, algeseubnida,” he heard Onew reply before he ended the call.

                “Now we just have to wait,” the director said to the writer who was still waiting beside him.

                “PD-nim, I know this author,” the writer suddenly said that made the director look up to her. But she was not looking at him. Instead, she was typing something on her phone.

                “You know her? As in personally?”

                “No. But the titles of her novels are listed there and I've read some of them. She's really quite good.”

                “Are you sure it's really her?”

                “Here. I searched her up.” Then she showed him her phone. “She doesn't have any picture online but the author who really wrote those books is named Lee Jini. She doesn't have a detailed profile but according to the short one that is written there, she is 23 years old, single, and has one sister.”

                “Okay. So she might really be this writer but we're still not sure if Onew really knows her. You can only wish that he has a good memory. But if he doesn't, then end of discussion. You have to find another letter to substitute for this.”

                “Oh I think that he will agree to meet her,” the writer said, somehow confidently.

                “What made you say that?”

                “Because he would be curious, too.”

 

 

                I stand up after the phone call with the director of Night Star. PD-nim sounded so urgent during the call so I better check that e-mail fast.

                “Hyung where are you going? Where not yet done!” Taemin pouts as he is sitting there on the floor holding a game console joystick. We are just hanging out in our dorm.

                “Duty calls,” I answer as I look back at him before going into the computer room.

                “Aish! I'm almost winning!” I still hear our maknae complain outside the room. We were playing a video game to pass the time while waiting for our schedule in the afternoon until I received the call. Taemin usually plays with Minho but since Minho is out for a taping with his new drama wherein he is the lead, I'm the one who Taemin liked to bother when he gets bored.

                I open my computer and find the new e-mail that was sent to me. It got me so curious because this is the first time that they are asking for my opinion, rather, my decision on something for the program. Usually, I would just have to go to the taping and practice my lines together with the other MC's. Though even that practice is always ruined because the show is very spontaneous so I've been learning to make adlibs.

                I've been working as one of the MC's in Night Star for the past six months. I accepted that work because I wanted to have an experience in hosting. I like it because I get to meet many sunbae and I've been learning so much from them. Also, my co-hosts and program staff are all fun to be with so there's not a single taping that has been stressful. So despite my busy schedule as a member of SHINee, I still make it a point to do well on my first job as an MC.

                I start reading the e-mail. And after a while, become speechless. So this is why they need my decision.

                Lee Jini. Lee Jini. Lee Jini. I say that name over and over in my head. Then a smile starts to form on my lips.  There’s only one Lee Jini that I know. I remember her.

I never thought I’d see her again. I never imagined that she’s had feelings for me throughout the years.

Then I guess I’d have to agree on meeting her.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the lame and short chapter. I'm really busy. But are you excited for their first meeting? Me too!! haha

btw, have you guys heard Onew's new song for To the Beautiful You, In Your Eyes? OMG!!! I can't stop listening to it!!! he's voice is really the most perfect voice in the world!!!!