The Lover's Fest

Code Geass: The Lover's Encounter

"WELCOME TO THE LOVER'S FEST!" Milly yelled through her megaphone. It was finally the day. Fliers were being passed all around and I could see many working on their attractions.
At this moment, couples were holding hands everywhere. Lelouch was nowhere to be seen at this point so I just walked around the attractions to see what was going on. There was so much to do! Looking at all the couples having fun made me miss Lelouch. I was beginning to long for the touch of his soft skin, his feathery tufts of raven hair that turned light purple under the sun.
"Hey Ann!" Milly called out and ran towards me. "Do you mind helping with the bungee jumping attraction?"
Sigh... This girl...
"Sure," I reply as usual... I'm too kind.
"Ok so..." she began when we arrived at the attraction.
"I need you to test the bungee cord to see if it is strong enough before we can open it in 10 minutes," she explained.
Pffft! As if I were crazy... What if I die? But before I could even reject the offer, Milly pushed me off the ledge. Luckily for me the bungee cord was strapped on.
"It's strong enough!!!" she squealed happily.
But she was wrong.
The bungee cord broke in the blink of an eye.
"Ann!!!!!!"
I screamed as loud as I could.
"Someone help!!! She's about to die!!!"
I closed my eyes and felt butterflies in my stomach.  This was the end to everything. Goodbye world. Goodbye mom, dad, Lelouch, Kallen, Britannia... I may as well end my life with a cracked skull.
But I guess I was wrong this time. I felt like I was on air... I wasn't on the ground. I opened my eyes and felt the haze clear. Lelouch's eyes met mine.
"Gotcha!" he said with a grin and he winked at me. He was holding me in his arms... But how?
I heard an applause echo through my ears.
"Yeah! Go Lelouch! He saved the day," I heard many say.
"Are you alright? Do you need me to take you to the nurse?" Lelouch whispered in my ear.
I felt as if my heart was in my stomach. My hands were numb and I could still feel butterflies in my stomach. I was really scared... So scared I couldn't even answer his question.
"Alright," Lelouch sighed, "Time to take you to the infirmary."
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Lelouch stayed beside me for a while. When I could talk again... I asked him, "How did you know I was in danger?"
Lelouch smiled and looked straight away from my eye contact, "It's only natural for me since you're my precious gem."
I shook my head... The things this guy does.
"Thanks," I said though...
"No need for thanks," he replied and kissed my forehead, "Stay here until you get better alright?"
And with that he walked away.
I followed his advice and rested until I was sure I had the energy to go out again.
When I finally stepped out of the infirmary, the sky was a soft orange colour. I was inside the infirmary longer than I had thought I'd been. The dance was probably going to start soon so I quickly changed into my red dress (http://www.promgirl.com/shop/dresses/viewitem-PD810447) in the girls bathroom and finally left.
"Ann!" Milly, as usual screeched as she ran towards me. She took a few deep breaths and continued, "I'm REALLY sorry! I almost killed you! I really thought the bungee cord was strong enough to hold your weight!"
"It's alright," I assured her, "but I really wish you listened before making such rash decisions."
"I know," she cried, "But I was really stupid to do that."
"Look. It's fine. I came out ok."
"Alright... But I'm still really sorry! I'll make it up to you somehow!"
And she ran away. Despite that she almost killed me, I was sympathetic enough to let her go... It was a mistake after all... So I continued to look around the fest to see what was going on. I looked mainly for the bungee jumping attraction that Milly made me test and saw that there were couples having fun... I guess me testing benefited the attraction... I wouldn't want another person to die in my place. But I find it odd how they wouldn't suspect the material to be so unstable I mean... It almost instantly snapped and anyone could find out just by looking at it that it was definitely not safe...
"Hey dude! You know that girl Lelouch saved?"
"Yeah man! Apparently, she fell after a bungee cord snapped!"
Oh... So I'm already the center of attention...
"Someone told me that someone switched the real cord with the fake one."
"Yeah! Isn't that awful?"
"Well she IS pretty good looking so no doubt a crazy girl would try and wreck her. On top of that, her name is Ann right? I hear she placed 4th on the exam we took last month!"
What? Is this true? Someone replaced the real bungee cord with a fake one?
But then wait... I've had a pretty good reputation among all my peers so it's a lie... Yeah!!! It's a lie...
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! IT'S TIME FOR THE DANCE! GRAB YOUR LOVER AND DANCE THE NIGHT AWAYYYY!!!"
Ugh... It was so loud that I bet I lost an eardrum..
But yeah anyways, I just walked past the enormous crowd of lovey dovey couples, dancing here and there as if they didn't have a care in the world. I sat down in the food court and got myself a mango slushie. I honestly enjoyed the scenario. There were so many colours and the sweet smell of air created a light aura. The music was a catchy Irish melody... My favourite kind of dance music. The lights that gleamed under the dark sky made it 10x better. But as of right now, I wished someone could ask me to dance...
Alas! My wish came true.
"Hello M'lady, would you care for a dance?"
Now this wasn't Lelouch... This... Was Suzaku. Suzaku is one of the most popular guys in my grade. He's really cool! Not that Lelouch isn't... But he was smart! All the teachers and students adored him! I must say he's pretty handsome too... Not as handsome as Lelouch of course.
"Why of course, sire," I replied with a cheesy grin.
He held out his hand and I took it. Then we danced along with the other couples. It was pretty fun. Suzaku is a pretty good dancer unlike me who often steps on others feet, but surprisingly, I didn't step on his...
"This is fun isn't it?" he asked.
I nodded, "I haven't danced in a while... It's always nice to do it once in a while."
After we were done, we parted ways.
"Let's do this again sometime," he offered.
"Sure!" I said, accepting his offer.
And once again I was alone... I was thinking of buying another mango slushie... But before I could, I spotted a figure with long, caramel coloured hair.
Shirley! And in front of her was Lelouch.
"Hey Lulu! Wanna dance?" she asked in a carefree manner.
HOW DARE THAT !!! I never liked her! She was always annoying and constantly pointing out my flaws as if she didn't have any. All because of Lelouch!
"Dance?" he asked, arching an eyebrow.
Then his eyes met mine.
"Well Shirley, that's nice of you to offer," he said, pausing his sentence. He walked towards me and held my hand.
"But you see," he continues, "I got a girlfriend."
And with that, he winked at her and led me to the dance floor.
I could tell the was mad! Her jaw was dropped and she kept stomping her feet really hard. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.
"What's so funny," Lelouch asked me, noticing my expression.
"I was just thinking of this really funny tv show I've been watching," I lied.
He held me close to him, "Well you won't be laughing anymore because now is our moment."
I felt hues of red tint my cheek as I leaned my head against his chest and danced. The song went from the catchy Irish music to a more romantic song. (I recommend Savage Gardens - I Knew I Loved You) We swept the dance floor with our feet. Lelouch was right. This really was our moment. I couldn't see anyone else besides him... I could smell his sweet but dark cologne and the soothing sound of his heart beating. Warmth and love seemed to surround us naturally.
Hohoho I bet that Shirley wished she was in my place because I could see she was sitting on the bench all gloomy.
Only a while too soon, Lelouch almost instantly spoke, "I need to go somewhere."
He let go of my hand and ran away.
"Wait! Where?" I asked him.
He ignored me and kept running.
I out of curiosity ran after him to see what the fuss was about. I ran deep into the woods beside the school but sadly, the scene was getting darker and darker. By the time I stopped running, it was already pitch black. I felt the adrenaline rush as I desperately searched for an exit.
"Lelouch! Suzaku! Milly!" I cried out. I couldn't take it.
"Don't worry! You're fine," a voice hissed, "Just be a good girl and follow meee..."
"Huh? Who are you?" I asked, still scared.
"You'll see..."
And with that, I felt something cover my mouth and lost conscious.
__________________________________________________
I hope this chapter was better than the previous one ^~^