chapter 2: "the dream"

"The Thing called Destiny"

 

~Chapter 2: The Dream~

My stay in Korea was really fun. I discovered a lot and visit’s many wonderful places. I do have many pictures, and I was really happy for it. What happened in the airport was easily got out in my mind. I was busy discovering the place. I was out in my hotel to eat my supper, and I really want to taste their food too. I was walking in the street when I saw a store where I can deliver pictures easily. I hopped in to deliver my pictures back at home. At least they will be more convince that I’m alright and having fun. After that, I called home. I was happy to hear that Ashley is already 1 month pregnant. I entered a small, cozy store and there I ate. I was really occupied with my food when the news barging. Well, it is Korean so I don’t really know what the news is all about. But I saw, five boys. They were indeed handsome, but not with the 5 handsome boys who caught my attention, but with the guy who stood beside them. It’s HYUNG! I can’t still believe that he was telling the truth. I just laugh. When the waiter came in to hand me the bill, I ask her if she knows the news was all about. She said if it’s really true that the DBSK arrived here in Korea 3 days ago, some said they spotted them but not all convince because they didn’t saw them arrived at the airport. I just shrugged at her and walked to my hotel and rest for tomorrow flight to Thailand. As I was packing, a card slipped in my jacket pocket. I read it and saw it was Hyung calling card. I laugh as I remember it. I exactly knew a manager of a famous band in Korea, I am soo lucky. I put it in my wallet as a remembrance. I knew I won’t have a chance to see him again, because I’m going to Thailand. I just smiled and finished packing, and then I dreamed, a very bad dream. In my dream I lost my passport, my money and I was gone to Japan. When I woke up, I just prayed my dream won’t come true.

I was at the airport when I bought my ticket. I was really not in myself and just say yes whatever the girl was talking. She still doesn’t get what I was saying. I was walking dreamily because I can’t still get over with my dreams and I didn’t sleep well. I bumped at the woman and both our ticket landed on the floor. I just grab the ticket nearest to me and said sorry. I lounged myself at the bench and close my eyes. I was so tired. I just remembered that I didn’t even know my flight number so I checked. It was less than 30 min. before it depart. Suddenly nausea flooding me, all my senses seems so alive. I got up and run as fast as I can, looking through my boarding gate. I was out of breath when I arrived. 3 people were left behind as they handed their ticket to the steward. I rushed in and I was slipped a little that caused to push the man before me. He glance sideways, he do wore sun glasses.

I just smiled at him hesitantly. He looked at the steward and bow and the steward seems so trilled. I handed my ticket to her and walked. The man before me was so tall, and he walked slowly. I was irritated and I really want to pass him. When we were at the plane, I saw that the people who are going to Thailand were a bit unusual. The way they dressed, it’s just so weird for me. I just shrugged and hurriedly find my seat. I seated in the left side in a first seat to the hallway, I really want to sit next to the window. The guy who was before me, seated at the right side, aligns with my seat. When I put my luggage at the top, my phone ring, and it was so loud, so I hurriedly loosen my grip to the luggage just to answer my phone. It was my mom, assuring me if I was already at the plane, so I told her that she won’t called again because the plane was boarding. When I close my phone, the bag fall in my head. I forgot to close the baggage counter.

“Owwww”, I said loudly, the entire passenger looks at me. I scratch my head continuously, when I saw a hand grab my bag, put it in the baggage counter and close it. I tilted my head, and I saw the guy who was the one at my right.

“Thank you, thank you”, I said. I was embarrassed. He just looks at me and nodded. I still scratch my hair when I seated. It was hurt and I think my skull broke. I took a deep breathe as the plane moving upward. Now, I can relax. So, I just close my eyes for a while. I can hear the steward spoke

“Thank you, for boarding Cathay-Airlines. We can assure you your safeness and your comfort. In just a few hours, we will be arriving in Japan…”

My eyes open wide in an instant. JAPAN?! But I bought ticket for Thailand.

I leaped at my seat; I didn’t know what to do.

But I think it logically, It’s not bad to visit Japan first, then Thailand.

“Just look at the bright side, Febz. You have your passport, you have the money and you have the things under control.” I said to myself. That’s right, there’s nothing to worry. I lean my head to chair, as I remember what happened a while ago, I bumped at the girl and I guess it’s her ticket that I grab. I’m such a klutz. Poor her, I guess she was more panic than I am. I took a very deep sigh that the old man besides me glances. I just smiled at him. I look at my right side. The guy who helped me, he didn’t put his eyeglasses and he was a bit familiar. I guess I saw him somewhere. He had his earphone in his ear, the one that is big, and he was reading a magazine. I made myself turned a little bit more to study his face closely. He had cute, small eyes, shape like a leaf. A perfect nose, and firm lips. He had a thick eyebrow and a black hair that stood at the back. He has cream-colored porcelain skin that so glossy. I think, I stared too much because he glances at me, the light streaks his face and I saw the color of his eyes, dark-brown. I blink as if I my eyes hurt shake my head and looked away. The trip to Japan was so frustrating, I can’t look at the guy again because the old man beside me, keep asking questions. He was Japanese and he wants to learn some English. When the plane was started to touch the ground where the passengers can use cell phone, the people at the left was continuously talking. I was just nosy to know. When the plane stops, I stood up and took my baggage and it was not normal that were just few who stood up and hurriedly grab the luggage, the door opened and before I stepped down, I saw some people stop to the guy and handed him some papers to sign. I just smiled. That’s why, he is so perfect, and he is a celebrity. Well, at least, I came to see his face clearly. I thrilled again.

I was out in the airport and find a taxi; I was already inside the taxi when I saw Hyung. He was calling in his cell phone. I tried to call him, but he didn’t hear me until the taxi was far in the airport. I just sigh and think of the place where I’m going. My first destination is….I doesn’t know. So I told the driver to stop at the nearest hotel. But the worst is, we didn’t understand each other. So, he stopped at the nearest bus station. And I saw a map. Thank God, I pay him and walked to the map. I was so occupied and I didn’t notice that 3 guys stood beside and me and without hesitation, they grab my bag. First, they can’t take it because it was a body bug, but the other guy bought a sharp knife and pointed it to me. I was so nervous that I didn’t hesitate to give them my bag. My dream did really come true. I am now nothing. I just sit at the foot walk and cried. My passport was there, my cell phone and my money. I sniff. Now, what I’m going to do.

I rampage my bag, to see if I saw something useful there and was glad to see my wallet. But I don’t have dollars here; it’s just having a few coins from the taxi a while ago. I just try to call my mother. I dialed our home number…

“Hello?!” I said tearfully.

“I’m sorry. You don’t have enough coins to make an international call. Please insert some more”, the operator said in the line. I was so depressed that I hang the phone forcedly. I scratch my head and cry. But I don’t give up, I rummage my wallet again. I saw the calling card of Hyung.

“But he’s in Korea. Its makes an international call…” I stopped and remembered that I saw him here. I hurriedly go the public phone booth and dial his number.

“Hello, Hyng?!”

His voice was confused.

“Yoboseyo?! Ireumeujyeo jjwobwado doelkkayo?” he answered. I didn’t understand but my instincts told me to tell my name.

“Hyung, it’s me Star. I need your help!” I said urgently and I was crying now.

“Star? Where are you? What happened?” he said worriedly.

I told him everything. I cried so hard now. Then he spoke, with comfort and assurance,  

“Don’t worry, I’ll fetch you”.