Emilia....

The Sorcerer's Stone

Chapter 3

Weeks have passed since we transferred here. And that event keeps o happening. Donghae would always stare at me even if I am looking at him. He would not cut a stare.

Another long scary night had passed and I saw myself staring at my reflection at the mirror. I stared at myself, figuring out how and why I was born different compared to any other student in my school.

Most of the people I met want to obtain powers. Unknown to them is a hidden curse behind those powers. I hated to be this powerful… I hated the fact that I own the strongest supernatural power in Niveah, the power which may be the cause of my own death. Will I die through my own hands?

My mother was the daughter of the old King Ephraim. The King of Niveah for 70 long prosperous years. That was, according to the old Haddis (Record Keepers), was the golden years of the Kingdom of Niveah. That regime was ended by the evil King Narcissus, my mother’s uncle. He wanted the power and the reign so badly that he poisoned my grandfather during his 105th birthday. My mother is the next in the lineage but because King Narcissus possesses fire power, he was able to defeat my mother who was at that time pregnant of me and owned an earth type power.

I would remember hoe detailed my mother told me that story. She told me that she and dad hid at the farthest places in Niveah ust so she could give birth safely. She knew that Narcissus wants me dead not her for I was blessed by Queen BoA. A blessing that was aimed by all mothers in Niveah, the power to possess all the powers there is.

I inhaled deeply before walking towards my bed to rest. I tucked myself in and stared at my room’s ceiling while I held the necklace.

“Are you really that important?” I said to myself as I stared at my reflection at this violet Gem.

I don’t wanna be this powerful. I don’t want to have powers at all! I have to hold my anger because if not, fire would blaze up at the thing that I am staring at. I have to maintain my body temperature because of not, my ability to control water would uncontrollably move. I have to control my excitement because the earth will shake if I wont. I also have to control my breathing because there will be an intense wind if I wont. Most especially love. I have to control love because if not… all of my powers will get out of control.

Those are just samples of the things that will happen around me if I wont control myself. I will have another practice session with ad after school so I better get enough rest. Another hunting and weaponry practice with him. How on earth will we do that here? Our neighbours live next door and I am pretty sure that they will wonder why we shoot arrows, do sword fights and if worst comes to worst a power-shoot out, at home.

I was able to wake up early, thus, I was able to arrive at school on time. A strong wind blew that messed my newly combed hair while I was standing at the middle of our school’s garden. I still have an hour to be alone before entering the campus and mingle with my human classmates.

UGH! I hated how these air molecules are able to make my hair this messy. I said while I was seated on one of the bench at the garden. I giggled lightly because of the idea that came up to my head. I looked around to see if there are any people around me and I saw no one. I slowly raised my hand for I was planning to play with the cool breeze around me until I smell someone. Someone familiar… someone Nivean.

“HEY!” I yelled at the person who ran after seeing me face him. I knew for once that the person is Donghae. “HEY! DON’T RUN!”

I ran as fast as I could to catch up on him. I don’t wanna use my speeding ability for now because I know that if he is really Narcissus, he would eventually kill me. I was just a ruler away from him and so I immediately grabbed his arm so firmly, too firmly that I was able to slightly burn his arm and make it red.

“OUCH!” he screamed. We were standing in front of the school’s stock room. No one was around us. It was only me and him… Lee Dong Hae. “What do you want!?”

I glared at him while I am trying my best to control my anger. I dot want him to see my eye colour turn red. HE CANT! He is pretty much taller face to face. Much taller and much muscular than before.

“I should be asking you that! What do you want from me?!” I retorted angrily

“Nothing!” he said and he turned his head away from me. I can feel his body temperature change and I saw how the red mark of my hand on his arm fade.

“HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO DO THAT?!” I asked with my face too puzzled and shocked. My eyes were so glued onto his arms that he was able to notice it so he hid it using his coat.

“Do what!?” he asked nervously.

I was fumingly mad and so I choked clasped his neck using my right hand and locked him onto the wall. “TELL ME! ARE YOU NARCISUSS?!”

He was not at all affected by my reaction. He even gave me an evil smile and even dared to chuckle. “What do you think are you doing? Are you trying to choke me?”

“GAAAHHHH!!!!!” I released everything I could and I swore to god my hands were covered with vines that strangled his neck till he turned red and till he coughed so hard and surrendered.

“YAHHH! ENOUGH!” he yelled and so I released him. He fell onto his knees with sweaty face and panting breath. I was panting too. “I am not Narcissus!” he breathed out

I inhaled. “Then who are you!? Why were you following me all the time?!” I angrily asked.

“I am someone you know…” he whispered.  I was about to give him another blow when I heard noises coming from the right wing which was only few meters away from us.

I looked around. The humans are coming. “We are not yet done Donghae. We are not!” I glared and started to walk away from him.

“Yes we are not yet done….” He added before I could walk away from him. “Emilia Del Rios…”