What?

The Sorcerer's Stone

 

I looked around my environment. Cool winter breeze came rushing through my white skin and shivers were all I can do. I watched my parents as they unpack our things form our humongous luggage. This is not a new site for me though. I had been, I mean we have been in this kind of situation since... since I was born I guess.

I held my silver laced necklace with a purple gem on it and sighed. What name will I be using now? I had a lot of names. Every time we transfer to another place, I get to change my name. Dad is a pro when it comes to that. He can change all papers of mine in just one twitch of his hand. Yes. Twitch. We are witches. However, we are not like those scary witches and wizards who will do inappropriate things to other when they do something bad to us, the witches who would always wear black cloaks, black eyeliner, and peculiar hairstyles. We also are not like those witches who own big houses full of potions, long brooms which are used for transportations, spider webs all over the walls and smokes. Oh movies these days. They make us look scarier than we really are.

We look like normal inhabitants of this world. I for one look like a normal teenager. I wear normal colored clothes. My parents work too, just like a normal family. But of course, their weird way of talking and acting normal makes us look bizarre. Odd for some, but my parents are too harmless. They don’t bite, they don’t cast spells, and don’t get angry easily. They are the kindest in our kind I guess. And I do think that I wasn’t able to get that kind of characteristic from them. I have an anger management issue.

I stood up and went closer to them. “Do we really have to move out from Dallas?”  I asked as I sat down the wooden floor of our newly bought apartment to help my mom unpack.

“Yes.” Dad answered. “If you were just kinder enough to not cast as spell on that dude… we won’t be here”

I laughed hysterically. “But dad.. haha! He was the one who started it. And didn’t you see how amusing he looked when he saw those papers flying around him?”

“Emilia!” My mom interrupted as her brows met as one. She has this thick eyebrows that when she’s mad, it gets to be a one lined brow.

“Alright alright! I am sorry okay? But I can’t stand someone being bullied.” I replied while pulling out some clothes.

I remember that day… Jericho. He was bullying our genius classmate, Erina. For me, putting gazillions of worms at someone’s bag is too irrelevant, knowing the fact that Erina has a phobia in worms. I got so mad that I pulled Jericho out of our classroom and to the quadrangle. He was even laughing at me. “Dina… you are to small to fight against me… you silly!”. I just gave him a sly smile. You silly. My powers is no match against yours.

I remembered moving backwards as I started to utter spells that my dad taught me. “Hey! What are you doing! Why.. why are your eyes turning blue?! Hey!” he yelled. But it was too late. All the papers posted at the bulletin board were blown out by the air. I was holding my laughter as I saw his very scared face. The papers were surrounding him already and just like a piece of paper, he flew up to the sky. But of course, I am controlling everything. He’s probably 12 feet above the ground.

“Dina! Put me down please!” he cried. Oh damn he was too funny!

“Are you going to say sorry for all the things you did earlier or not?” I yelled for I know he wont hear me if I won’t make my voice louder.

“I will! Please! Oh please just put me down!” he cried louder. Its good that no one’s outside… nobody dared to follow us. I don’t know why, but I was treated as the weirdest student in Dallas. I do think that they already have this feeling that I am a witch. They just don’t want to blurt it out for thay are afraid of what we can do to them. But the truth is, we won’t really do anything. Humans and their weird thinking.

“Emilia… you are going to come with me later okay?” dad said.

“Huh? Why?” I asked.

“Enrollment, dummy!” he teased. I just nodded. Another set of enrollment papers. Too tired of those already. For the 18 years of my existence, I had been in 12 schools already… ugh. No loyalty Emilia. No Loyalty.

“So what name will I be using here?” I asked curiously.

Dad gave me an evil smile. “Whaaat??” I asked with a slight laugh.

“You are going to be… Kim Taeyeon…” he said.

“Kim Taeyeon? The word Kim means Bear in hangul right?” I asked

Mom and dad laughed. “No! Gom. That’s bear.”

“Ohhh!” I said and laughed. “How about you guys?”

“Kim Tae Jun…” Dad winked.

“Kim Yeon Ah!” mom smiled. Ugh! Weird faces from my parents. “You guys give me shivers you know that!” I teased.

“I’ll be in my room. Call me for dinner okay” I said as I grabbed my things to my room.

I opened the door to my room and saw a queen sized bed with blue covers in it. Thank Goddess BoA! Mom did not put any lace! She loves laces. But sorry for her, I did not to be as girly as she is. My room seems to be complete. I have a cool flat screen television wall mounted in front of my bed, a gigantic black and white wooden cabinet and a normal sized study table for my school works. They really know how to buy furniture now.

I left my luggage lying on the carpet flooring. I jumped to my bed and relaxed myself as I found myself staring at the well painted ceiling of my room. And once again, I held my necklace…

This necklace.. I am not quite sure on what this is… but my parents want me to protect this gem more than my life.

This gem… is equivalent to my life I guess. It can’t be out of my sight. I’ll die. Yes. I’ll die.

I was born to a pure witch and wizard, and that makes me one of those pure witches in Niveah. Niveah… a hidden country in this world where only witch and wizards are allowed.. it is near the Amazon… right side I guess. I haven’t been there because my parents ran from the current king. I asked them why… but they just said: “Protection”

However, I have the weirdest power ever acquired by a Nivean. I have an air and water power but fire is my weakness. I know. It’s conflicting right? Air should be able to fight fire or heat. However, There’s a certain part in my body where the water and air particles collide and fight against my thermal heat. My mom said that I was about to die, 5 minutes after I came out of her womb. But the great creator BoA handed them the long lost Nivean Gem as my life support. This Gem is the most powerful Gem in Niveah and that we should go and escape for my protection. And the rest is history.

Since then, my parents taught me on how to live a normal life just like the humans. I undergo special training with my dad when it comes to my air power, and training with my mom when it comes to water. My favorite power is wind. I am not sure why, but probably its because my mom is a better teacher than my dad. Dad even taught me on using different herbs, and other environment friendly tactics that I can use in the future. Dad is an earth type wizard while mom is a water type like me.

I never had a sibling. That’s an instruction from BoA. Because it is for sure that they will conceive a fire type child and may be the reason of my death. I never was able to meet other Nivean aside from my parents… and their scent is the only scent I know from a Nivean citizen.